[FM12] PSG - Trying to be most successful club in world

Dohyl

nwPjqEQL.png

History of the Club

Established on 12 August 1970 after a merger between Stade Saint-Germain and a group of investors united under the banner of virtual club Paris FC, Paris Saint-Germain Football Club have always represented both Paris and nearby Saint-Germain-en-Laye.

Towards the end of the 1960s an ambitious group of businessmen decided to create a major club in the French capital. They chose to merge their virtual side, Paris FC, with Stade Saint-Germain after the team from Saint-Germain-en-Laye, 15km west of Paris, won promotion to Ligue 2. Thanks to some 20,000 subscriptions from individuals desperate to see an elite football club in Paris, Guy Crescent, CEO of Calberson and Pierre-Étienne Guyot, vice-president of Racing Club de France, asked the Sangermanois directors to become part of their project. Paris Saint-Germain Football Club was founded on 12 August 1970. The merger was ratified by the French Football Federation on 27 August 1970.

The Saint-Germain-en-Laye-based first team allowed the brand new PSG to start its career in Ligue 2 for the 1970–71 campaign. PSG made an immediate impact both on and off the pitch, building a substantial fanbase and winning promotion to Ligue 1 in its first season. The 1971–72 term ended with an honourable 16th placed finish. Their momentum was soon checked, however, and the club split in 1972. The professional arm of the club joined CA Montreuil and continued life in Ligue 1 under the name of Paris FC, while PSG assumed amateur status and started over in Division 3.

By the end of the 1970s, Les Rouge-et-Bleu were ready to embark upon a historic decade. With charismatic presidents Daniel Hechter and, later, Francis Borelli setting the tone, the likes of Carlos Bianchi, Mustapha Dahleb, Safet Sušić and Luis Fernández became the club's first stars, followed closely behind by its first titles. However, it was not until the 1990s that PSG really started to develop as a giant of French football.

(So they have a history even though people keep saying they don't :D )

General Info - So we are playing in Europa...

Manager Profile - I'll be playing 4-3-3 formation.

Facilities - I had no idea they were expanding it

Squad - Got a good squad to win the league.

Finances - They gave me only €15M and I was expecting like... €100M since owner is Qatari businessman.

Game Setup

Loaded only French 1st and 2nd league, medium database.

My Aims

Just looking to have fun, been playing LLM for a while and wasn't really successful so I wanna kind of enjoy dominating domestic league and Europe hopefully... Having more CL than R.Madrid would be a nice goal. As you see I'm writing like dafuge since his style/format is simple and great.

Interesting to see their squad before the big spending.

The thing is, this is the season where they began the big spending which is why I had only €15M. They bought Lugano €2.9M, Sirigu €3.5M, Bisevac €3.5M, Sissoko €8M, Menez €8.5M, Matuidi €10M, Gameiro €11M and Pastore €42M. So they spend €89.4M well maybe not so much as they are these days but this is where it all began. :)

PSG - Ligue 1 - 2011/12

The goal was to finish at least in top 4 and reach semi-finals of Europa League, didn't really care about cups.

League Table - Amazing 1st season.

Coupe de la Ligue - Horrible and board told me every month they are unhappy about this. In my defense I had 2 red cards.

Coupe de la France - Board unhappy again but they said they understand since the opponent was strong.

Europa League - Almost perfect.

Transfers - Almost every player had 7.00 rating or more so our transfers were big success.

Squad - We look good for league but not that good if we want to win Champions League (Had to screenshot twice and put it in one picture because my resolution is low).

Finances - Chairman once injected €15M and now we won Ligue 1 which got us another €15M so balance is pretty great. Shocked he gave only around €23M thought he was sugar daddy.

Key Player Profiles:

Kévin Gameiro - top scorer in Ligue 1 and Europa League.

Nenê - Most assists in Ligue 1 and Europa League.

Mamadou Sakho - Played extremely good through whole season.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink - Might would've surpassed Gameiro if it weren't for injuries.

Javier Pastore - Second most assists in Ligue 1.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Ligue 1                    1th         Europa League winner

Next Season

It's always great to win league in 1st season hopefully we can defend it now. Would be nice to reach at least quarter-finals or semi-finals of Champions League.

PSG - Ligue 1 - 2012/13

The goal was to win Ligue 1 again and reach at least quarter-finals in Champions League.

League Table - We were horrible in spring but last game decided winner.

Trophée des Champions - It's a nice thing to win it I guess.

Coupe de la Ligue - Board doesn't care.

Coupe de la France - Board unhappy and fans unhappy.

UEFA Super Cup - Board wanted us to win this one.

Champions League - I'm satisfied considering it was my 1st Champions League season.

Transfers - Wasn't spending much, the board doesn't want to give us much.

Squad - I need to get more players since we have 6 competitions to win.

Finances - I guess I shouldn't rely on this chairman he doesn't give money, every time I asked for more he denied. I honestly thought he'd give us €100-300M per season but that is not the case...

Key Player Profiles:

Kévin Gameiro - Top scorer in Europe.

Javier Pastore - Our best midfielder.

Mamadou Sakho - Many clubs want him.

Diego Costa - Solid 2nd choice striker.

Lucas Renaud - Young player with big potential.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Ligue 1                    1th         Europa League winner
2012/13   Ligue 1                    1th         Trophée des Champions, Coup de la Ligue and UEFA Super Cup winners

Next Season

I need more players so I can rotate in different competitions.

Archived