Re-visiting FMC

I cant get my head around this mode, the main things im having a problem with is:

1 - I just feel like that it is 'easy mode' and that the game behind the scenes is tweaked to be easier? It probably isnt, but thats in my head for some reason.

2 - 50,000 player limit, sounds stupid as i never use scouts in full fat anyway, so I dont ever know about the 100k players loaded, but is the 50k 1 in 1 out so to speak? So to get regens/youths, does the game force retire players?

3 - Skin, ive looked for some but it makes me feel like im playing on a tablet...

4 - I am obviously missing something...

Basically my full fat playstyle is; buy and sell, contracts etc, pick a tactic from the default list (normally 4-4-2 diamond), play game.

Training is auto assigned off to staff, press conferences to assman, if I get asked a question i decline it, scouting is auto assigned off and i ignore it in the main, games I play text only very fast commentary (OR I do have a instant result skin should I want to use it too).

Now you will say that im playing FMC essentially anyway, but thats how I like to play and doing that in the full fat version I feel like im not missing out on anything. The game is at its best, full challenge, teams working fully with kids etc, database to include more players so less grey players impacting games and so on.

Im sat in FMC now thinking what benefits am I getting... I want to like the mode as I do feel that between games its ticking over quicker and the football news screen is nice too, as generally I dont interact in the world around me.

But with 16 coming up, I need to try this just to make sure im not missing out somewhere and being ignorant.

1 - Why do you think this? This isn't the case.

2 - 50,000 is just a recommended limit. You can select more.

3 - I'm not sure if there are any custom made skins, but have a look around.

1. It's no easier, really. Well, I'd say no harder as I find full FM easy.

2. The limit is a recommendation, which can be disabled, and when active is a starting limit, more players will push past it anyway.

3. The only FMC skin I know of is my own, which isn't wildly different from the standard dark one available. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/415098-FMC-Skin-A-Darker-Variation-of-the-Classic-Dark-Skin

4. Maybe you just don't get on with it, but it does sound really suitable for you.

1. A couple of days someone posted that he finds fmc more difficult than full FM. I think the reality is that some things are easier others more difficult. You can't babysit players' moods which could be a good or bad thing. On the other hand you don't need to worry about tactic familiarity.

2. Limit can be higher if you like.

3. There's not many skins unfortunately yet.

4. The way you describe your playtime fmc is exactly for you.

I think for .1 its just smoething that i automatically think because its a tablet style version of the game and as such, its made to be easier to get into. As I say no basis for that other than that being my initial premise.

Ill see if I can get more players, on my game it had a /50000 so I assumed that was maxed out, however there is no option to say pick the top european players etc without including the leagues as far as i can see?

Skin - thanks very much, the dark version is loads better for my eyes.

I will ahve to give it a real go, but im sure there has to be something missing... does the game stop tracking history? is there a time limit to the career? what does it not do that it should do, if that makes sense?

Appreciate all the help here

hmm German team names are not working and after a quick search that appears to be how it has to be on FMC.

Anal, but that probably seals if for me :(

Cheers all though, i shall have another look in FM16 see if I can ween myself across as it definitely appears to be what I want in the main from my FM experience.

• Administrators

People have already replied to your points 1-4 but I thought I'd chip in with a few others.

I cant get my head around this mode, the main things im having a problem with is:

1 - I just feel like that it is 'easy mode' and that the game behind the scenes is tweaked to be easier? It probably isnt, but thats in my head for some reason.

Common misconception. The game is the same as the full version, with a few things taken out to be quicker to play (squad registration, team talks, players coming for chats when they are only concerned, etc). The emphasis is on speed with the same depth.

2 - 50,000 player limit, sounds stupid as i never use scouts in full fat anyway, so I dont ever know about the 100k players loaded, but is the 50k 1 in 1 out so to speak? So to get regens/youths, does the game force retire players?

Soft limit, you can go over but really for the best experiences I recommend: just load what you need and use add/remove leagues, you will get through the seasons quicker without the overhead of thousands of players not affecting your gameplay.

3 - Skin, ive looked for some but it makes me feel like im playing on a tablet...

There are white and dark versions available currently. You may find other skins available on the web.

4 - I am obviously missing something...

Basically my full fat playstyle is; buy and sell, contracts etc, pick a tactic from the default list (normally 4-4-2 diamond), play game.

Training is auto assigned off to staff, press conferences to assman, if I get asked a question i decline it, scouting is auto assigned off and i ignore it in the main, games I play text only very fast commentary (OR I do have a instant result skin should I want to use it too).

Training is automatically assigned to assistant in FMC

You can just continue past press questions and you only get the "key question" of any press conference.

Scouting isn't auto assigned but you only need to hire one scout with multiple "scouting assignment slots" just to make it easier to handle.

Now you will say that im playing FMC essentially anyway, but thats how I like to play and doing that in the full fat version I feel like im not missing out on anything. The game is at its best, full challenge, teams working fully with kids etc, database to include more players so less grey players impacting games and so on.

Im sat in FMC now thinking what benefits am I getting... I want to like the mode as I do feel that between games its ticking over quicker and the football news screen is nice too, as generally I dont interact in the world around me.

But with 16 coming up, I need to try this just to make sure im not missing out somewhere and being ignorant.

Essentially you are but the squad registration rules, FFP, interaction at the concerned stage, expanded staff and team talks all can add that bit extra to the playtime to get through seasons. If you've more questions etc, fire away :)

Archived