need help to run CM 99-00

I'm using windows 7, 64bit. I'm yet trying to play my old favourite games,CM 99-00. unfortunately, it can never pass 15 january 2000.just endless waiting at that day as soon as I hit continue game button

currently I'm set compatibility settings as windows 98/me .any tought what else should I do?

• 4 weeks later...

It's fairly easy to use.

Install the game to an easy accessible folder on your drive, in example c:\cm99-00

Launch dosbox and type in "mount x: c:\cm99-00"

Then simply type "x:"

Then type in the name of the .exe-file to launch the game. If you don't know that check the folder in windows explorer to find it or type "dir" in dosbox.

FYI you can increase cpu-cycles in dosbox to have it process data a lot quicker.

Presumably you would write that instead of the path in eple's post. However, if you're not a natural talent with using computers in general, I'd recommend D-Fend Reloaded, a graphical environment for Dosbox that lets you use the functions of Dosbox in a much more user-friendly manner.

Currently the optimal way to play old windows games is installing a copy of windows 2000 on virtualbox, it's clunky, time time consuming and not that great...

But it works.

You'll be able to pick up a copy of windows 2000 fairly cheap these days i'd hazard a guess.

Try this:

MOUNT X: D:\Program Files\cm9900

what's the difference with my screnshoot friend?

DOS Box won't run CM'99/'00 because it is a Windows program, not a DOS one.

You could install Windows '98 in DOS Box(as that is a DOS program) and install it from the Windows '98 inside DOS Box and play it from there. I imagine it'd be pretty slow, though.

You can run the exe file in a Windows x compatibility mode, have you tried that?
Currently the optimal way to play old windows games is installing a copy of windows 2000 on virtualbox, it's clunky, time time consuming and not that great...

But it works.

You'll be able to pick up a copy of windows 2000 fairly cheap these days i'd hazard a guess.

Windows '98 would be better as it uses far less system resources and would run considerably faster than Windows 2000. It'd still be considerably slower than playing on a real machine, though.

so the solution is buy new windows?

Archived