Job offers

Nationality.

You build mainly reputation in the country you manage in, to get noticed by clubs in other countries you need to do well in continental competitions.

Your Adaptability attribute influences how often you get offers from foreign clubs.

Nationality.

You build mainly reputation in the country you manage in, to get noticed by clubs in other countries you need to do well in continental competitions.

Your Adaptability attribute influences how often you get offers from foreign clubs.

There must be more to it.

I have had very little success in my career save. I've probably been in continental competition just a couple of times in total, and i'm now in 2057.

My adaptability attribute is as low as 4.

In spite of all that i get offers from all over the world.

Regarding nationality. I hardly get offers from "my own" nation.

I would like to think that the amount of countries and leagues loaded might have an impact as well?

There must be more to it.

I have had very little success in my career save. I've probably been in continental competition just a couple of times in total, and i'm now in 2057.

My adaptability attribute is as low as 4.

In spite of all that i get offers from all over the world.

Regarding nationality. I hardly get offers from "my own" nation.

I would like to think that the amount of countries and leagues loaded might have an impact as well?

I would suspect given how far into the save you are your rep has had time to increase to a level that is probably above the team/league you are managing in, hence the offers which often come from club that are approx around your personal rep level but above the team/league you are managing in.

You can also tell via the media messages.

For me I'm managing in the Scottish Prem which is ranked 11th in the world (3.5*) and I regularly get manager sacked messages from divisions ranked lower but not around the same level. This suggests my rep is at a level where I would get job offers from teams/leagues with around 2.5/3* but not higher atm. I don't get job offers because I already have a job at a higher rep club and they possibly couldn't afford the compensation anyway.

Think of rep like throwing a stone in the water, the centre is where your rep is the strongest but as you go futher away it erodes, this is then further influenced by continental competitions and the rep of the leagues.

How far into the save probably have quite a bit to do with it, indeed.

I started up the save with Sunday League Rep, no badges and unemployed.

First job was in the Norwegian 2nd division.

Loaded all countries and leagues.

I've never had a problem getting a job. Be it whether i was sacked, i resigned or still employed.

If i got sacked though i was more inclined to actively apply for jobs. Not if i resigned or was still with a club.

While employed at Gjøvik/Lyn as my first club in the Norwegian 2nd divison i received

several offers from clubs around the world. Not immediately but after half the seaon (somewhere around there).

My reputation was regional but i did receive offers from Indonesia and other countries half the world away.

And this was only 6 months in, in a new game. I had no success whatsoever with that club. Did get the sack eventually.

The stone in the water is a theory i agree with.

Which makes me think if getting a job in FM is too easy???

Now, it would suck if you never got to manage a club due to reputation and all that.

How much fun would the game be if you never got to be a manger?!?! :D

But, is it a little bit too easy getting a job? I don't mean a job at the club a player would specifically like but overall.

Like right now.

I'm experimenting a bit with starting a new save. All leagues where i've downloaded a world league pack with a bunch of additional nations.

Think it was 220+ leagues in 116 countries.

Unemployed with Sunday League Rep and no badges.

The only attributes i put points into were Player Knowledge, Motivating and Working With Youngsters (10,11 and 3 respectively).

Applied, via Job Centre, for all available positions.

Immediately i have over 200 job interviews, which will be a pain in the rectum going through :D

I get that the game will help you out at the beginning getting a club, but why do i get interviews from clubs in China, African countries Arab countries when i'm

just a Norwegian guy, who's brand new to the world of management with no experience?

And, from my own personal experience, it doesn't get any less after i do get some in-game experience.

It feels like it's a tad too easy getting a new job in this game.

Based on that, Nationality, Reputation and Adaptability has very little influence when it comes to clubs offering jobs.

I'd still say it's more about the amount of leagues and which nations a player has loaded.

Archived