What Team Will You Be FM16 Edition

Its coming up to the time where the season has started and the transfer window is soon shutting, so we must all be thinking about what teams we will be starting out as on the new Football Manager. I'm personally holding myself off from playing with any of these teams until the new game is out.

Teams I'm excited to start out with:

Manchester United - The team I support, and a very exciting squad, with RVP, Nani and Rafael out, and some exciting additions in Schweinsteiger, Scneiderlin and Memphis. It will also be interesting to see how the current goalkeeper situation will pan out, with Romero, Valdes, Lindegaard, Johnstone and an unsettled De Gea all on the books.

Queens Park Rangers - Think they have made the right moves in the market for the first time in years, bringing through young English talent from the championship and League 1. Will be interesting to see if they can keep a hold of Austin and Phillips, after getting rid of all the high earners, it will be a great base to build upon!

Wigan - After years in the premier league, they've had a mighty fall with two relegations. Like QPR, they have made the right signings for the level they're at, and it'll be a reasonable challenge getting them back to the prem.

Juventus - Love their squad for the coming season, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out after losing some key figures in Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez, along with the strengthening of Roma. Some great youngsters to blood in such as Coman, Dybala, Sturaro, Rugani and Morata.

Borussia Dortmund - Essentially the same quality squad as last season, except this time they're in the Europa.

Atletico Madrid - Hugely exciting squad this season, with some great transfers in such as Vietto, Martinez, Savic and the return of Filipe Luis. As usual, dominance in La Liga will be a good challenge.

Porto - My annual save, this time losing Jackson Martinez, Alex Sandro and Danilo, although gaining some interesting acquisitions like Imbula, Osvaldo, and most importantly, Iker Casillas! Great challenge to do well in Europe.

So, who are you planning to be?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool is always my first save in all new FMs. It's going to be really interesting to see how they rate players like Benteke, Firmino and Ibe in the upcoming version.

If Balotelli remains in Liverpool after the window is shut it's gonna be interesting to see if he is the same kind of beast as in FM15. He should have been nerfed.

FC Bayern Munich -

Haven't done a save in Germany before and they don't seem to be doing to well.

I'm also hoping Reserves/Youngsters is less annoying than in Spain (Reserves is a separate team, so you need to create two managers to control it) and England where they have U18 teams, but U19 Champ Cup, so the game picks the reserve team to play the U19 matches and you have the choice between training the youngsters badly (moving them to reserves) or constantly manually making youngsters available for the reserve team, but then thats a general problem with FM where they implement something like it works in real life and then forgets to code the AI to handle the situation.

Leicester City - my club.

Tottenham Hotspur - my 'big' English club

Real Madrid - always have a play about with these for a bit.

Notts County - The oldest football club in the world. League Two now, but have a load of Dutch talent so should be interesting trying to get them up through the leagues, and back to the top where they belong.

Starting unemployed - exciting to see where you end up.

I always start unemployed until I have a feel for the game and then I normally start a game in Germany and finally when I am happy, I will start a game with my beloved Chelsea. Normally when I play as Chelsea I get "released" at the end of the first season... Never really play well with them.

I always start at the bottom and work my way up. Blyth Spartans normally, though I may have to wait for an updated DB. Otherwise, I fancy a bash at Parma in Italy, or perhaps one of the sides of Scotland's Second Division. :thup:

FM14, I started out at Peterhead - took them up to the SPL and in FM15, Marbella in Spain which was a darn sight tougher!

Bristol City - My own team but I don't play that save for too long

A random team in a random league I've not played before - This what I generally do. Not done an Israeli league before so that might be on the cards.

Unemployed - And see where I end up. Generally my favored game.

Probably Lincoln Red Imps once again - seems the only side I can actually get an enjoyable save out of.

Partick Thistle will be an aim. The Scottish leagues are always a bit "out there" in terms of what happens - I managed to win the Premiership with Thistle on FM15 in the first season with no signings before falling away in the second - which could be good or bad.

What I'm really hoping for is that the game can keep my attention long enough to do a proper journeyman thread. Haven't managed that on FM14 or 15 to be honest.

Since Sabah (malaysia) will never ever be a 5 star world class club. The most Sabah can be is a 4 star continental club which I've achieved (my longest ever save). Thus I'm going to play my favourite club Manchester United come FM2016. Think about all those world class players I can sign...

I usually do the Dafuges Challenge, but am tempted to do a club and country save this time around. Failing that, I think I might start the game with Borussia Dortmund - it's been a while since I have started at a big club, so it will be a welcome change

FC Bayern Munich -

Haven't done a save in Germany before and they don't seem to be doing to well.

Why is that? Three Bundesliga titles in a row, again leading the pack after the first day. Two Cup wins in three years. Reached semi-finals in the Champions League four times in a row, including one title.

Oh, and yes: I will start a game with Bayern München, too, as my first save ;-)

I always start as Feyenoord manager when a new game comes out, as it is my favourite club. I'm looking forward to the new year. Although we've lost Clasie to Southampton and Boetius to Basel, we got loads of good players in return like the Dutch internationals Elia and Kuijt.

A save with Manchester United seems fun as well with the current squad.

Some team in a low rep league. This year I completed the dafuge challenge with Dulwich Hamlet, next year I want to do it in a smaller league. Maybe Scotland or a country to the east.

The main point is that I will try to employ an old-fashioned, direct 4-4-2 and try to see how far I can go with it.

Will start off with Arsenal in my test save. A save where i try to get to know the new features a bit better.

Then i will start off with my one and only real save.

Sunday League rep and unemployed. No badges. Starting from scratch.

Why is that? Three Bundesliga titles in a row, again leading the pack after the first day. Two Cup wins in three years. Reached semi-finals in the Champions League four times in a row, including one title.

Oh, and yes: I will start a game with Bayern München, too, as my first save ;-)

In one of my saves they can't even win the Bundesliga. Whatever that fully reflects the future of the team in the real world, is a coin toss.

I'm also gosh darn annoyed with never being able to get anything out of Pierre-Emil Højbjerg, the player seems fantastic, but he is totally blah on the pitch in game. Maybe he has been ruined before I buy him, due to AI training, so I also want to start with the club that owns him, to finally make him good.

My team is Torquay but I always like to start as a different team, York City was my FM15 team and not a bad save but I might go for a non league start this year. I have in the past got my wife to choose for me because I take too long to choose, it also gets her involved, but she gets annoyed when I loose.

If I buy FM16 I would probably start off with Barry Town, in Wales. Promotion last season has seen them rise to the second tier, which should be playable from the off, and a return, eventually, to their former glory days.

Notts County - The oldest football club in the world. League Two now, but have a load of Dutch talent so should be interesting trying to get them up through the leagues, and back to the top where they belong.

They are not the oldest football club in the world, Sheffield F.C. are. They were founded in 1857.

Also, Notts County do not belong at the top as for many years they have not been good enough to be there.

All the teams I support of course! :D

Arsenal F.C. - I follow them immensely and the only team where I watch all the games live. There's not much I don't know about them. I'm excited that I don't need to sign anyone. I think our team is quite complete and despite early worries I have a really, really good feeling about this year IRL and for FM16. I'd still like to try my hand at bringing in Draxler, converting him to a Complete Forward and see the second coming of Henry. I think that kids going to have a big year too.

Fenerbahçe S.K. - Yeah, yeah. I hate that Dutch traitor but he scored a great goal in Europa the other day with his first touch and I kinda of got happy. I've been supporting Fenerbahce since I was 5 (4-years before I started supporting Arsenal) but these days I rarely watch the Turkish league. It's just really boring, no tactics, frustrating, etc. But I'm looking forward to watching them in Europa this year. Also another team that's "complete" and not necessarily needing any signings (hoping we sign one of Lavezzi, Feghouli or just a decent winger!).

Valencia CF - Spent nearly 100m euros this season! Sold Otamendi, possibly selling Feghouli but still a great squad. Looking forward to challenging Real and Barca and becoming the perennial top team in La Liga. I think there's a really good base here and with one or two additions that will be possible!

Parma F.C. - So upset about their demotion but I think there might be a long career to bring them back to their glory days. I started supporting them thanks to CM01/02 I think it was. I always used to love signing Aghahowa and pretty much owning the league plus the fact that they have the same colour as Fenerbahce XD

Derby County F.C. - I just like their team for some reason. As a kid we had a footy clinic for Derby County and even though I never got picked I kept following them throughout the years. I always give them a bash or two on CM/FM and see how far I can take them. I really enjoy going to Derby after a long career not knowing any of the players and being in a low league as my "going back home" save XD

Bayer 04 Leverkusen - Hakan Calhanoglu and Omer Toprak are among my favourite Turkish players and I think their squad is really nice even after selling a few you can have a nice base! Young squad too and gives me a little bit more experience in the German leagues. I think the database favours German players a little (every few years it changes anyway, used to be Spain, Brazil, etc. so it's realistic in a way) and the transfer fees aren't the highest that you can make some really nice teams.

I might finally do the Gillingham save I've been meaning to do for the last few years.

I went into FM with a list of teams to try and I only played as Arsenal and one season of Newcastle. Would like some variation next season, so other than the mighty Gills, I'll probably start one unemployed and see if I can play more than 3 seasons (I tend to get bored after 3 seasons).

Parma would be a good one to do, due to the recent situation. Although a custom DB would be required I believe.

Anyone in the PL is worth a go now, or even Championship favourites, due to the money on available to most teams plus all the summer transfers.

I'll start with the team I support, Newcastle United. See how I get on with that then I tend to like to start a game as a top 4 side from England or Spain. I have the utmost respect for anybody who has the patience and dedication to take a team from the very bottom to the very top, but it's something I have never been able to stick with and follow through, although I hope to do so one day. So I like to take over a big team with a big budget as that's how I enjoy the game the most.

I'll do what I normally do on every edition. Start with Barcelona on the beta just to get a feel for the game and tactics. Have to make do with the current squad until the ban ends in January and then look at replacing Xavi and getting in some decent defenders.

Move on to Everton when the full game comes out - I'm a United fan but have a soft spot for the blue scousers. This normally ends up being my long term save until I win the league, cups and champions league.

Real Madrid - Fantastic squad depth and dont need any major reinforcements. Get a few decent seasons out of this save until I get sacked for finishing 2nd ;)

I'm about to start a new save with Atletico Madrid in FM15 which will be my final save on this years edition but looking forward to starting a save with them in in FM16 also

As with previous version, I will start the Beta/Demo build with my team, Coventry City and play that through till I get bored, mainly use it to check out the new features and tactics/match engine.

Then I go for a journeyman save, start off with Harrogate Town or Nuneaton and see where the game takes me.

Don't know if I am going to buy the next edition tbh every year the hipe of the next FM is squash by bugs and pointless improvement and get more complicated and frustrated as the time pass, I think I just get a data update for this one and see I wont rush to pre-order any time soon.

and I always choose Napoli :)

I'm looking forward to giving the new generation at Atletico a go. Oliver was one of my favourite players this year and he'll be back there next season. Plus Koke and co should be good fun.

Arsenal. As always.

Maybe even Barcelona. Not overly challenging but fun to have a go with Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Also the squad is ageing so you can bring through a bunch of La Masia graduates.

Archived