How to find U-18s manager

This is a problem for any staff position other than the normal coach, scout, and the like. It seems as though very few people want to be the manager of my U18s squad. Nobody decent, anyway. Is there any way of searching for those that would? (Actually, I thought I'd asked a similar question before, but can't find it :o )

the best way is to place an advert for the position in the job centre. if you can try and get jaap stam who i have as my u21 manager and my reserves win trophies.

I didn't even know this was possible. Can you do the same for coaches too? I want to add some under 21/under 18 coaches, but no one seems interested.

The job centre? You mean in the game, right, not in the actual Jobcentre? I play FM13, does the feature exist in that version?

Really, this is beyond frustrating.

My current U18s manager insists on playing my youth players out of position (a 5* potential striker in midfield, for example...), and I really need rid of him.

This is a problem for any staff position other than the normal coach, scout, and the like. It seems as though very few people want to be the manager of my U18s squad. Nobody decent, anyway. Is there any way of searching for those that would? (Actually, I thought I'd asked a similar question before, but can't find it :o )

leave HoYD or Assistant to run those matches

have you heard anyone decent IRL to run U18 team instead of running main team?

main problem with staff is that search filter is not good enough and even it does not count your staff wages limit, most found demand 5x more than I can offer and they waste my time!

leave HoYD or Assistant to run those matches

Heh. Yeah, assuming they're any better :lol:

In my world, Pep Guardiola is unemployed at the moment... ;)

main problem with staff is that search filter is not good enough and even it does not count your staff wages limit, most found demand 5x more than I can offer and they waste my time!

Yes, agreed. I just wondered if there was a trick to it. There's no point me fretting about it, if there isn't.

Look at the careers of most top managers, especially the ones that weren't also top players. Many of them will have been youth / reserves / assistant managers before they got their first job as captain of the ship. So it would make perfect sense if you were able to get a young talented manager to take care of your academy...

So do I and yes it does. ;)

Thanks! I found it. I've only been playing for five and a half seasons :D

What attributes do folks think are important for a U18s manager?

I'm guessing tactical knowledge, and working with youngsters at a minimum, but anything else?

Archived