Is "simulation" simulated in this.. err... simulation?

I've just watched one of my strikers get crowded off the ball in the penalty box by two defenders. He seemed to pause, then throw himself theatrically to the turf (I was a bit surprised he didn't pound his fists on the ground, to be honest :lol:). No penalty was given, no booking, or anything. I'm just curious whether it was simply a trick of the animation, or whether it was actually A Thing that players will dive to try and get penalties in circumstances like that, and if they do whether they might be booked for it.

They both exist; I never thought that dirtiness determined how often someone dived, just how often they leave the foot in on someone but I could be wrong.

Yeah you are probably right, diving is likely to be sportmanship rather than dirtiness.

I was in a must-win Champions League quarter final second leg with Milan, having drawn the first leg 2-2 in Milan. Good position to be in, just needed to make sure they didn't score and we'd be good. We had a precocious Czech midfielder that I'd spent an awful lot of money on, and had high hopes for.

2nd minute, he dives, booking. Pretty annoyed, but hey, he won't make that mistake again, right?

42nd minute, he dives again, sent off.

43rd minute, Milan go up the other end and score. We got a goal back just after half time, but then my star striker decided that having seen me ragdoll my star midfielder around for being stupid enough to get sent off for diving, he fancied a dive himself. He got booked. Of course Milan got a winner late on, and both players were sold before the week was out.

So yeah, diving's a thing in game. And it's horrible.

Heh. Well I've never had a player even booked for diving, as far as I know. I just found it hilarious how (in the animation of the match events) he just seemed to hesitate and then fling himself to the ground behind the opposition defenders.

Archived