[FM11]Deltablue's FM TARDIS

deltablue

In case you haven't seen it in GD or Reddit, someone has spend a few months doing a holiday save taking the game 1000 years and seeing how things change over time. The GD discussion is here...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/430863-Someone-has-simmed-1000-years-in-FM

This is something of great interest to me as a historically minded person and as someone who likes watching things develop over the course of my legendarily long and deep career saves, so I decided to try it myself.

I've used FM11 (which is running essentially whenever I'm not playing FM13) as it'll go a bit quicker and unlike the original save which just had England loaded, I've done all of Europe and Latin America for a much more comprehensive simulation (which is why I've always gone for large numbers of leagues, current save excepting) so progress will be a lot slower. It's a couple of seasons a day at best and that won't last for long. I don't have a particular goal in mind but going beyond 100 seasons would be good.

As a fellow historically minded person I will be following with interest to see if (when) my beloved SønderjyskE win their first Danish championship! :thup:

As a fellow historically minded person I will be following with interest to see if (when) my beloved SønderjyskE win their first Danish championship! :thup:

Thanks. They've actually been second once already so it could well happen. The first update won't happen quite yet because I'm still deciding precisely how to do it in terms of balancing my original intended approach of doing a fairly quick and easy long-term snapshot and a more detailed approach that would allow you and others to keep track of individual sides and leagues better, as well as which nations/competitions to cover properly. I think I might do 10-season intervals (I've currently done 7) with both the most recent tables and 'past winners' for the relevant seasons for a decent number of nations, but it depends on what people want to see and how it goes. It doesn't help that when I set it up I was simply going to run it and hadn't really thought about trying to document it in a thread or otherwise but I might as well keep going the best I can now.

I saw an article about the 1000-year sim and checked the spreadsheet. Walsall = no trophies or seasons in the PL, ever, overtaken by the likes of Ilkeston, Barwell, Skelmersdale Town, Matlock Town... :(

Like this idea though, delta. I'll be keeping my eye on it. :thup:

Interesting. I would be especially interested in any points deductions. Not sure why exactly, but it's always something I look for.

There'll certainly be a few of those. They won't exactly be high priority but a couple might be interesting enough to be worth mentioning.

I saw an article about the 1000-year sim and checked the spreadsheet. Walsall = no trophies or seasons in the PL, ever, overtaken by the likes of Ilkeston, Barwell, Skelmersdale Town, Matlock Town... :(

Like this idea though, delta. I'll be keeping my eye on it. :thup:

I also checked the 1,000 year game spreadsheet and saw that St Albans City (the team I support) did have a few seasons in the Premier League and even won the FA Cup so I was pretty delighted with that! :D

This will be interesting Deltablue. :thup:

Well, I'll try my best :D The save should hit 10 years tomorrow so the first update (which I have a reasonably good idea about now) will come soon.

Good luck on this one! I want also to look at the continental and international winners for every competition once you saved it. I want the Philippines to win a single AFC Asian Cup title or some nations would pulled off a surprise at the World Cup qualifiers. :cool:

OK, the 10-year mark was reached yesterday evening (despite a scare with a crash dump as I didn't have any autosave set for speed purposes, though I do now) so it's time for the first update. I've taken 54 screenshots of various things (some of which required a bit of messing around with cutting, pasting and cropping) which hopefully gives a pretty good picture of what's been going on. I'm still open to suggestions but doing all this took quite a bit of time and effort to do as I hope you'll appreciate.

Unsurprisingly there hasn't been a massive amount of change and probably won't be for a while. Given this will only probably only last a fraction of the 1000 year save (200 years would be a great achievement) don't expect things like Finnish CL winners, Liverpool in the Conference, an regular title wins for the likes of Rochdale but there are still a few little things of interest already. Just wait and see who the current World Cup holders are!

I'll be breaking this down into sections, starting with England...

I'm looking forward to seeing whether a) Plymouth Argyle avoided relegation from League 1 in 2011 b) whether we avoided going into Administration and c) how we've fared since. I'll also be interested to see who the unexpected World Cup winners are. Given that Greece won the Euros not so long ago, I'm guessing it's not them, and I'm certain it's not my Republic of Ireland boys...

Premier League

pl20_zps2bqstiev.jpg

pr20b_zpsgmhea90z.jpg

Championship

ch20_zps3xgkceo8.jpg

ch20_zps3xgkceo8.jpg

League 1

l1-20_zpsi11dpzwt.jpg

l1-20b_zps7pdepy4s.jpg

League 2

l2-20_zpsifkrt5g1.jpg

l2-20b_zpszp68vy7t.jpg

BSP

bsp20_zpswiaiijin.jpg

bsp20b_zps0kpxssjd.jpg

FA

fa20_zpshjgzqsxp.jpg

LC

lc20_zpsgepcxott.jpg

West Ham have clearly had the most eventful time. They've been relegated, gone back up to the Premier League, dropped down to League 1 for a couple of years and are now just back in the Championship. Also of interest is Derby in League 2 and Watford are just about to join them. Tranmere has really had the worst time though. I've decided to forego the BSS/N for now until things get a little more interesting in terms of who has dropped down there but Tranmere are now languishing after getting relegated a few years ago, finishing miles adrift at the bottom of the BSP with one of those 10 point deductions that Jimbo was interested in (though they would have been bottom anyway). They're insecure with a loan debt of 3.2M (compared to a value of 600k) and I doubt things will get better for them any time soon.

Europe (Part 2)

Turkey

tur20_zpsc01fl9de.jpg

tur20b_zpstjbmhnn7.jpg

Denmark

den20_zpsr1qnr2g0.jpg

(Don't worry dllu, SonderjyskE are back in the Superliga this season)

den20b_zps7snlygef.jpg

CL

cl20_zpsypzqwzfp.jpg

EL

el20_zpsj4mcajif.jpg

A title or two for AZ wouldn't be too much of a surprise but the way they seem to dominate their league is a little, especially as PSV (the dominant power for some years) hasn't really achieved anything at all. Ditto for Greece and Olympiakos though they do have a couple of titles. One little curiousity I found in Greece as I was on my way to get 'past winners' is that the highest attendance is 66,666. Also good seeing a couple of titles for Hibs breaking the Old Firm in Scotland already. Really not sure why a European final was played at Murrayfield of all places. I'd imagine the Scottish Rugby purists being rather unhappy about that.

International Competitions

Euro 2012

euro12a_zpsf4ozsvgz.jpg

euro12b_zps20a5wyjs.jpg

World Cup 2014

wc14a_zpsxe4fnkye.jpg

wb14b_zpsd1tbc64h.jpg

Euro 2016

euro16a_zpsl8rdwlff.jpg

euro16b_zpsswkleydx.jpg

World Cup 2018

wc18a_zpsepqc5hxm.jpg

wc18b_zps4sjur0np.jpg

Euro 2020

euro20a_zpswj36ckjc.jpg

euro20b_zpsdpnu69er.jpg

World Rankings

rankings20_zps5xrc49px.jpg

So, the Swiss are World Champions, and it only took 2 World Cups to throw up a result like that. The Czechs winning the Euro's is also a little surprising but not quite to the same extent.

Club Rich List

rich20_zpswwe7uxu8.jpg

World Player of the Year

wpoty20_zps7s69nxzk.jpg

Top 3 Players

top3a_zpsib6hxsbh.jpg

(It's Miralem Pjanic, I'll probably try and do Barca player screenshots from their national team instead in future)

top3b_zpsor5gp1oo.jpg

top3c_zpsspdyiuws.jpg

European Coefficient Rankings

coef20_zpsybawybtj.jpg

OK, that covers it for now. Hopefully that's plenty of info to be going on with. I can probably do a few more leagues without too much difficulty if people want to see particular ones or want to see anything else.

(Don't worry dllu, SonderjyskE are back in the Superliga this season)

:D And league runners-up in 2015 - if only.

Switzerland world champions - who would have guessed that??

Looking good so far! I really hope you keep this up! :thup:

:D And league runners-up in 2015 - if only.

Switzerland world champions - who would have guessed that??

Looking good so far! I really hope you keep this up! :thup:

I knew you'd like that. I'm actually following them a little now (same with Tranmere) and unfortunately it looks like survival will be the main goal for now. Still plenty of time to challenge again though in the future.

How's the Philippines in the 2020 rankings?

I've just taken a look in early 2021 and they're 140th, which aside from briefly touching 124th does seem to be roughly their average position over the last couple of years. No Asian Cup appearances yet.

Great idea! Will be fun to see this progress :)
But Watford????

I love the idea though, keep on at it!

Cheers guys. I haven't actually played my career save much which has helped to get a lot of early progress and we're just a few seasons away from the next update. Hardly any new 'stories' have developed but the notable clubs that have dropped down early on seem to be staying there for now, including Watford.

Should start to become interesting in around 20 years time, no doubt certain parts will stay the same, but it's always interesting to see which parts don't :)

Indeed, in fact it's interesting having just a handful of different things to touch upon at a time rather than a whole flood. A few more things are cropping up now anyway. The Premier League and Spain will be pretty static for long time with the main interest in the former mainly being which teams have made it up there rather than anyone new challenging.

I saw the 1000 year sim and as a blade I liked what I saw, interesting to see Swiss world champions so soon... Looking forward to the next update!

I was so relieved that World Cup gave me something interesting to report on. Not sure we'll have anything else like that for a while though.

Which nations will be added to the report in the next 10-year update? Maybe, it depends on the nation reputation of each continent.

I was thinking of a few more 'middling' European leagues, since I popped Denmark in there for dllu. Perhaps Czech Rep, Sweden, Norway... something along those lines. Could also do Brazil and Argentina as well. I guess.

Update 2 coming right up. I've added quite a bit more this time (with 92 screenshots being uploaded right now compared to 55 last time around) with more European Leagues and Latin America getting a bit of focus. It's fair to say I don't intend really to add much more in future updates aside from maybe a 'past winners' recap for the big few international competitions once there have been enough of each to provide a decent amount of information for each one. If not next time maybe for the update after that.

2030 - England

PL

prm30_zps6qt1yrlf.jpg

prm30b_zpswxxiekkf.jpg

CH

ch30_zpstf4fnpp7.jpg

ch30b_zpswudjebh8.jpg

L1

l1-30_zpsii6vjcb5.jpg

l1-30b_zps9ocqk57r.jpg

L2

l2-30_zpsnup2hfof.jpg

l2-30b_zps7wd8dqxt.jpg

BSP

bsp30_zpskifkh592.jpg

bsp30b_zpsadlipsyb.jpg

BSN

bsn30_zps8ysezevs.jpg

bsn30b_zpsqa0nqnjb.jpg

BSS

bss30_zpsjuae1utr.jpg

bss30b_zpsvg3lqmoo.jpg

FA

fa30_zpsqqemsbmj.jpg

LC

lc30_zpsqosvhlmz.jpg

There isn't a massive amount to see on top of the last update as teams that have dropped down have stayed down, though Watford have finally escaped League 2 after being stuck pretty far down the table for a while. Tranmere continue to languish in the BSN following on from their 3 relegations in the first 7 years, like Watford in League 2 often doing little more than keeping their heads above water but their loan debt has been dropping gradually so in the longer term they should be in a position to climb back up again. Shrewsbury were in the Premier League for a few seasons as the first notable team to make it up there. When I checked this morning before going out I saw Fulham and Wolves were top of the table almost half-way through and it's a pity that didn't amount to much. There have at least been a few interesting cup finalists with Sheffield Wednesday's cup triumph being the main shock there.

Chippenham having made the BSP a couple of times is the only thing that stood out for me but I don't actually follow football 'current events' that closely (especially below the Championship) let alone how things stood at the start of the save 5 years ago so and different people will notice different things depending on the teams/leagues they follow and I hope no one minds if I don't pick out something they find notable.

It's interesting that Ipswich have briefly made the Premier League a couple of times since I've pretty much never seen them do so under AI management in all the years I've played the game. Meanwhile Norwich have been stranded in League 1 for a while as well as having dropped to League 2 a little, so it looks like the blue and white half of the East Anglian rivalry is going to be firmly on top for a while. Incredibly unrealistic but I don't mind :D

2030 - Europe (Part 1)

Belgium

bel30_zpsnpc6fogr.jpg

bel30b_zps12o0vqu3.jpg

Czech Rep

cz30_zpsrytdrhie.jpg

cz30b_zpsvjy3r6zq.jpg

Denmark

den30_zpsjmq00njl.jpg

den30b_zpspciqm1wn.jpg

Germany

ger30_zpsstzddpt7.jpg

ger30b_zpslrqbgdzt.jpg

France

fr30_zpsqreck1fu.jpg

fr30b_zpsfxf8sdol.jpg

Greece

gre30_zpsxqvwghwu.jpg

gre30b_zpssaihidmd.jpg

Italy

ita30_zpsreofvwyw.jpg

it30b_zpstu3vrcn6.jpg

Netherlands

ne30_zpsauvnh8ef.jpg

ne30b_zpsqnfax18b.jpg

Norway

nor30_zps2ekjicab.jpg

nor30b_zpsxta5zyo1.jpg

Poland

pol30_zpse02t9thk.jpg

pol30b_zpsp46ldncz.jpg

Gent seem to be pretty strong in Belgium. Olympakos made a very slow start but have stepped into title winning gear recently. Sparta Prague are now dominant but it took a while to come about while the opposite seems to have happened in France where Lyon are no longer dominant and Bordeaux claimed a recent title with Le Havre in second. In terms of surprise winners, Chievo was obviously a bit of a turn up for the books. Hoffenheim a little less so (especially given this version dates from their brief time in the sun) as they'd been there or thereabouts a handful of times but their getting back to back titles is still a great achievement.

2030 - Europe (Part 2)

Portugal

por30_zps1gvkceu7.jpg

por30b_zps1ekatndd.jpg

Romania

rom30_zpsto3fgyx1.jpg

rom30b_zpsl9g7rl4y.jpg

Russia

rus30_zps6u19p2wl.jpg

rus30b_zpsimn3jkah.jpg

Scotland

sco30_zpsmhw54n2v.jpg

sco30b_zpsgikqkqo2.jpg

Serbia

ser30_zpssvygh4a8.jpg

ser30b_zpsiskoodnw.jpg

Sweden

swe30_zpsqjmf7bxn.jpg

swe30b_zps0nrp6vga.jpg

Spain

sp30_zpsyrxlyz7j.jpg

sp30b_zpsce3m2zmn.jpg

Turkey

tur30_zpsll3uwabi.jpg

tur30b_zpsgisyzb2l.jpg

Ukraine

ukr30_zpsyesejmdj.jpg

tur30_zpsll3uwabi.jpg

CL

cl30_zps00fhrpeu.jpg

EL

el30_zpspykis8yl.jpg

Scotland gets the prize for most interesting league so far. Hibernian didn't take long to smash the power of the old firm and Falkirk and Motherwell have chipped in with titles as well now. Romania is probably the exact opposite, at least over the last 5 years. Valencia and Atletico have a handful of titles in Spain but only once has a side outside of the 'Big 5' (Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla and the Madrid teams) finished in the top 3 and that was in the second season so it's still a slightly expanded closed shop. Karpaty appear to be the main competition to Shakhtar in the Ukraine. Portugal and Turkey are very strong cases of 'business as usual' among the established top few clubs.

2030- Latin America

Argentina

arg30_zpsskl3x4vp.jpg

arg30b_zpsbddjhun3.jpg

Brazil

bra30_zpsxdakgx9b.jpg

bra30b_zpslmmauu0c.jpg

Mexico

mex30_zpsyrltg008.jpg

mex30b_zpsjy6lq1lu.jpg

Uruguay

ur30_zpslpehmxsn.jpg

uru30b_zpsannz9jtq.jpg

Libertadores

lib30_zpsc70gqmew.jpg

Penarol, Boca and Club America seem to be examples of big clubs in their respective nations who are fairly light on title wins so far. Sao Paulo are sweeping all before them in Brazil while Brazilian and Argentine clubs dominate the Libertadores with very few final appearances from other teams. It is good to see a Mexican triumph in there however.

2030 - Internationals

Copa America 2011

ca11a_zpsnh0mokef.jpg

ca11b_zpsk9vxhoeq.jpg

Copa America 2015

ca15a_zps5zklgc2l.jpg

ca15b_zpsvxcgypnx.jpg

Copa America 2019

ca19a_zpsvphr95vb.jpg

ca19b_zpshpxi17eb.jpg

World Cup 2022

wc22a_zpswd8yxexi.jpg

wc22b_zpsru7naeen.jpg

Copa America 2023

ca23a_zpsluqt41zy.jpg

ca23b_zpsniqydwss.jpg

Euro 2024

ec24a_zpscajbvtuf.jpg

ec24b_zpsnobpus2k.jpg

World Cup 2026

wc26a_zpsk8q9c0sh.jpg

wc26b_zpsqpnwslhb.jpg

Copa America 2027

ca27a_zpszy7foiih.jpg

ca27b_zpsvyhjpuit.jpg

Euro 2028

ec28a_zpscqnhyzmd.jpg

ec28b_zpsuwyiz4wb.jpg

World Cup 2030

wc30a_zpsofv1bu1f.jpg

wc30b_zpszwa50zj0.jpg

World Rankings

rankings30_zpstss1ebya.jpg

Switzerland's World Cup defence only lasted until the playoffs in the qualifiers, and there hasn't been anything like it so far. It is interesting seeing Oman and Guatemala making appearances, as well as the fact that Cameroon came within a whisker of winning the last competition, following on from Senegal reaching the semis in 2022. England top the world rankings after winning the last Euros (bearing in mind that the rankings haven't been updated after the World Cup, something wait for in the future) with Croatia being notable high fliers.

Club Rich List

rich30_zpsbc0bgnq6.jpg

European Competition Places

coef30_zpsbjdnldhc.jpg

Top 3 Players

top3a_zpsrlxawbn9.jpg

rich30_zpsbc0bgnq6.jpg

top30c_zpshjztbece.jpg

World Player of the Year

wpoty30_zps4s6ll2hr.jpg

That wraps things up for now. With all the extra nations covered I hope there's something of interest to most people.

Outstanding Oman! Unbelievable Cameroon! Morocco Shocker!:eek:

We have new nations made it to the three FIFA World Cups. What will be the next nations to be reported?

By the way, can you report all nations around the world as well as the continental competitions and everything?

I like it so far!:thup:

PS: Will the Philippines made it to the Top 100 soon or qualified to the Asian Cup for the first time?

Outstanding Oman! Unbelievable Cameroon! Morocco Shocker!:eek:

We have new nations made it to the three FIFA World Cups. What will be the next nations to be reported?

By the way, can you report all nations around the world as well as the continental competitions and everything?

I like it so far!:thup:

PS: Will the Philippines made it to the Top 100 soon or qualified to the Asian Cup for the first time?

I'm afraid doing all those nations and competitions will take far too long, and the structure of some leagues makes it difficult to cover the current situation in a screenshot (which is why I didn't do Belgium in the first update as I couldn't decide what to do between the 'main stage' table and all the playoff competitions, deciding on the first though the table toppers may not always be champions). It took about 4 hours in total to do everything this time which is why I hope you understand that I don't want to add much more in the future. That's a consequence of starting it all up and getting it going before I decided I was going to do an update thread, otherwise I might have set it up differently and have a narrower focus that I could realistically cover in its entirety.

I'm afraid it's not good for the Phillippines. They haven't made the Asian cup, their best performance in the Asian Challenge cup is a couple of Semi final appearances, and as for World Ranking...

I did check at the time just in case you asked and they were in the 150's, and having just looked again now (just over a year later) they were 185th!

I'm guess the Philippines will have to continue rebuilding until they produced better youth players.

How about this?

- After 100 years, will you do the full FIFA Rankings from top to bottom? I want to see the rest of the world nations on how they performed well.

- On the Spotlight, a report that chooses a random nation from every continent

- The FIFA Club World Cup is missing, though.

- The continental competitions as well as FIFA Confederations Cup. It might includes the CAF African Cup of Nations, Gold Cup, Asian Cup, AFC Challenge Cup and OFC Nations Cup.

- Create a table that lists of champions for every nation only to those who aren't part of the updates and all club teams must be colored.

- Finally, the national team rosters for every 50 years (2061, 2111, etc.). I want to compare these rosters, just to see what are surprises in one nation.

By the way, will it be compatible to FM15 soon after you finish this?

Keep up the good work!:thup:

Archived