Best CM/FM-player all time? And favorite player all time?

I've scanned this whole thread and did obody ever buy supat rungratsamee as a 14 yr old from pompey's academy?? everytime i started a newcastle game he would play from the second he came 2 my team - then, hoping he would pick england as his adopted country (90% of the time he would) when i was england manager he would bang hat-tricks in for fun!! pure legend - him and a regen (i think) called giuseppe manco for my roma game - good times

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco Van Basten from the Italia 95 update on the Amiga. Started injured but averaged over 8.0 a game. Awsome player!

Gianluigi Lentini from that same version was out for 55 weeks and returned a legend.

Also I signed a lad called Stian Neset from Norway once on 1997-98 iirc and never saw him again - scored 4 in CL final as beat Juve 4-0!

The best might have been Nii Lamptey on CM2, I think.

My favourite players are Chris Bart-Williams, Simon Funnell, Lee Clarke (all on CM93) and Kennedy Bakircioglü on CM0001.

All CM guys only. Never been the same since ;)

Three goal scoring legends for me were;

Andri Sigspursson - Cost next to nothing.

Ibrahim Bakayoko - 20's everywhere in his stats.

Jardel - Couldn't stop scoring.

Willie Howie was a young, very cheap, Scottish midfielder who could handle himself in the premier league from the start. I'm going back to CM 00/01 for these.

Pardon the poor spelling.

British Bulldogs

I don't know exactly the game versions, because I've been playing since CM98/99 if I remember correctly. In fact, I feel I've always been playing this game. Those names are usually from old versions of the game, because those days I was playing intensively. So, let's make a list:

Gk: Costanzo, Dionisis Chiotis, Isaakson

D: Taribo West (who was a free agent on one version of the game), Walter Samuel (was by far the best DC)

M: Selakovic, Barsom, Kim Kallstrom, Gamst Pedersen, Mark Kerr, Lee Chun Soo, D'Alessandro, Gallardo, Farnerud, Pablo Aimar, Alex from Cruzeiro

ST:Cavenaghi, Todorov, Tsigalko (the last 2 were goal machines), To Madeira, Cherno Samba, Pazzini, Landon Donovan, Wesley Sonck, Emille Mpenza,

In FM2010 i've remarked Guillermo Ochoa (great GK) and Javier Chevantón - who's been scoring an average of 1goal/game since I've transfered him to my Hannover 96 team (half a season).

• 2 weeks later...

97/98:

Ruben Ruiz Diaz - Paraguayan GK. You'd need to load a 16MB game to spawn him, but he was class for £700k.

Teddy Lucic - Sweedish DC. Brilliant player.

John Curtis - Man U usually wouldn't let him leave for at least a couple of seasons, but he was brilliant.

Debray Dario Silva - A bit pricey at £7m, but I always stuck him the "hole" in my Liverpool team and watched him average 7.9 every season.

Tommy Svindal Larsen - Can't believe he isn't in every 2nd post on this thread. Brilliant player.

01/02

Dionosis Chiotis - Greek GK.

Juan Manuel Pinto - Spanish GK. Starts at Celta Vigo, but Won European Goalie of the Year about 6 times for me at Liverpool.

Taribo West - DLC. Premiership standard and free at the start of the game.

Bakirciouglu, Kerr, Selakovic, and Samba have been mentioned a good few times, but there was also Jonas Lunden (another Swede) and Armand One, a French striker who'd start the game at Cambridge and be brilliant in a couple of seasons. I also frequently snapped up an out of favour Simone Inzaghi and got good seasons out of him.

• 2 years later...

Came across this thread while looking for an old player, but I had to put my top player(s) from CM 00-01. Jose Barroso, who could be picked up for a few quid from Larisa nd Clayton from Porto's B team, both were Brazilian and were amazing for my Barnsley side, plus you could get a 16y/o Carlos Martins for nothing and David Fox for nothing as well. Them were the days!

Orrí Freyr Oskarsson I remember was quite good in the game, never heard of him in real life.

In the same game(s) (CM 3,03/04) Källström was quite overrated but he was very highly touted at Djurgården and everyone thought he'd become very good, he kind of slowed down his development at Rennes/Lyon though. He could be had very cheap because of a transfer clause too.

In this years game, my first signing is ALWAYS Counago. And I always get him, no matter what league i'm in (even as low as Havant & Waterlooville - a semi-pro team). And he always performs. Good for 15-20 goals for at least two seasons.

From what I can remember. Will try to keep to 3 per position.

GK: Stipe Pletikosa (CM 03/04 and a couple of FM's), Kasper Schmeichel (CM 03/04), Hugo Lloris (FM 08)

Def: Razvan Rat (CM 03/04), Mirel Radoi (poss FM 07/08?), Steven Taylor (FM 08)

Mid: Matias Fernandez (FM 08), Toledo (CM 03/04), Tonton Zola Moukoko (CM 01/02), Miguel Veloso (FM 08 - FM 12)

Att: Sergio Aguero (FM 08), Ibrahim Bakayoko (CM 97/98), Wesley Sonck (can't remember what version)

Honourable mentions:

Alessandro Simonetta (CM 03/04)

Van der Borre (FM 08)

Jason Evans (regen in FM 12)

Denilson (CM 97/98)

Jan Latuskva (sp?) (can't remember what version)

Dionisis Chiotis was a total keeper. Best I've ever had I think.

Stefan Selekavic, Zola Tonton Moukoko and Kim Kallstrom were probably the best midfielders I've ever had. Strangely though, Moukoko never had good marks, but if you played him in the hole behind the front 2, he would get you 30+ goals a season.

I bought Kasper Schmeicel from Man City years ago, sat him on the bench for Fulham, and from the second season onwards, he was the best keeper in the world!!

Stan Collymore in about 1999 for fulham was truely brilliant (he is one of my favourite players of all time though IRL)

Thiago Silva when he was still in Brazil and another Brazilian defender called Hugo. Used to get him for about £50k and his marks started off fairly shocking, but if you played him in the first team for a few season, was the best defender in the game!!

Paul Warhurst, Cantona, Gazza, Giggs, Bart Williams, Lamtpey, Ferdinand, Shearer, Ince in 93/94. Will have to play that again soon. Had some classic seasons.

Cesar Sampaio, Robbie Stockdale, Alex Nottman, Marc Kerr on older versions. There must be more, just can't think of them.

Keane, Saviola, Bakayoko (something like that?), Freddy Adu was so highly anticipated but he never worked out for me, Mokouko (at least 25 goals/season), Aimar. Lovely times.

But the most interesting players must bij Ljung, fascinating. Nordic, Swedish is my guess. He was an AMC en scored and and scored and scored. No problem adapting wherever he played. And, a bargain.

Ah i asked the bloke i used to play CM with. He knew exactly about Ljung. Jesper Ljung, played at Helsingborg in Sweden. Those where the times.

Haha, same guy texted; Alexanderson D/M/A L/C/R !!!!! Haha. Wow.

Franco Costanzo (GK) and Javier Saviola (ST) were two of the most promising young players in the game about a decade ago.

I remember leading Sweden to World Cup glory in 2006 on the backs of Kim Kallstrom, Andreas Isaksson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Markus Rosenberg, I think that was either CM4 or CM03/04

I'm a bit of a newcomer to the series so all I have is Matias Alustiza from this time around. Exceptionally good on a free at the end of the first season. He held a starting place until Leigh Griffiths came along and started banging them in, he was free in the 3rd season I think. Both super poachers and did a very good job in the Liga BBVA

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

CM 01/02

Fredy William Thompson

Orri Freyr Oskarsson

Johann Porhallson

CM 97/98

Stevie Nicholas (back in 97/98 when dribbling was the only stat you needed)

CM 93/94

Ferrah Orosco

John Williams

Mark Collis

Had a regen in 93/94 called Peter Shearer with the best stats I have ever seen in a player, but never ever played up them, must have had crap hidden attributes.