Best CM/FM-player all time? And favorite player all time?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a fred named recep simsek in my cm01-02 game i guess. he was only mediocre if you looked at his numbers but he was an assasin in front of goal.

also i liked dillon shepherd a lot (dmrlc from ajax ct), south african. i had him retire and became my coach, later assistant. he was my never born brother...

i heard the "legends" such as tsigalko, nikiforenko etc, but never purchased them myself. i feel it ruins the game when such commonly known names have incredible impact on the team... also i have not used the diablo tactics too...

• 1 year later...

Surprised no one has mentioned Carl Laurie (Crewe) and James Flood (Stockport) for CM3 I think it was. Carl Laurie managed to become an England international for me with Manchester United as a left back, and James Flood scored 100+ goals in a season in Premier League.

Good times for sure!

My favorite CM / FM player of all time still is Cassio Alves Guilherme. I had him in my Real Madrid team in my first CM game. I bought him every game afterwards. Boy, he was a star. In that save I also had Stéphane Guivarc'h, Roberto Rios and Bruno N'Gotty in my team. It was just super.

Ibrahimovic, even back when he was unknown ! Back then I liked him only for his name, never thought he'd become my RL football idol ;) The day he moved to Juventus IRL I was overjoyed, favorite player at favorite club ! Sad Juve had to be demoted then :'(

Ged Kimmins 95/96 1k from Salford City, highest stat was a 5 for heading, scored 116 goals in 122 appearances for my Man Utd team.

Jimmi Nielsen 93/94, Liverpool reserve keeper. Bought him for preston, and had to play him in central defence in an emergency, got a 10 rating, played him there for 5 years, rating never went below 7 once. Legend.

probably in CM 00/01 the best players i ever saw was: Pawel Brozek (Wisla), Marcin Harasimowicz(Gwardia), Derek Boateg (Kalamata, the best player!), Horacio Walter Peralta (probably Nacional (URU), maybe Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kim Kallstrom and Kennedy Bakircioglu (all from Sweden)

in older versions: Jose Julian De La Cuesta (DLC from Colombia), Oskitz Estefania (AMC from Spain), Freddy Guarin (DMC from Colombia/Envigado?)

FM 04-06 - Joaquin whilst at Betis was fb

FM 07 - Gojko Kacar

FM 08 - Mika Aaritalo (Prior to patch) / Javier Acuna

FM 09 - Alan Dzagoev

FM 10 - James Rodriguez, Edin Dzeko, Lucas Digne

Older versions - Maxim Tsigalko was a moster, Anatoli Todorov from Litex was a beast as well, Agahowa and Mark Kerr were also immense

The favourite player I've ever managed in my as-of-yet short time playing FM (just under a year IRL) is this man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Fern%C3%A1ndez_Escribano

On FM09, I signed him on a free for Peterborough United in the 2011/12 season when he was 32. I'd been managing at York and Chelmsford before Peterborough headhunted me in October asking to help out - they were precariously close to the drop zone in League 1 due to having several players who thought they were too good to belong at the club after being relegated from the Championship the previous year. After shoring up a young and ambitious squad with some experienced frees (Richard Cresswell, Aaron Mokoena), I signed Fernando in the January transfer window.

We immediately switched from our established 4-5-1 to a 4-4-1-1 putting him in the hole. For the rest of the season, we proceeded to tear the division apart as he became the heart of everything we did - our main playmaker, scoring long shots, free kicks, injury time winners, you name it. Thanks to him we just reached the final playoff spot on the final day of the season due to GD. We ended up getting knocked out in the semis by Doncaster (I think), and key players like Joe Lewis and Stephen Ward left soon after, but it was still a great achievement considering where they were when I arrived.

I ended up deleting the save soon after in an attempt to focus on university work, but he was a big part on what has to be my favourite season so far on FM. I'm sure we would have been promoted the following season with him at the centre alongside the new signings I made. A cult figure if ever there was one. :)

It is always nice to read about players that you found in FM, only to find out that they became real life legends too. (I heard from Trezeguet and Henry, first from CM and afterwards from the TV.) CM-legend Kennedy Bakircioglu is in real life now playing at my favourite team Ajax by the way.

In Championship Manager Season 97/98 I always used to sign a 16 or 17 year old Brazilian player called Claudio. He was amazing every time. I also vaguely remember signing a young Spanish midfielder call Orbaiz who always came good.

Kennedy Bakircioglu back on CM99 if anyone remembers him (zlatan muslimovic was also great)

And alot of other players...

Arjen Robben (01 I think..when he was still at Groningen)

Maxim Tsigalko (from 03 to 07)

Guarin on (06 and 07)