Best CM/FM-player all time? And favorite player all time?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Radu Niculescu

Ronaldo (cm2... amazing)

Robinho (from santos i guess it's fm2005)

Diego (from santos)

Ibrahimovic (from Malmo)

Saviola and Aimar (from River)

Pilkington (cm2 I think)

Redknapp (cm 93/4)

Chris Bart-Williams (cm2 I think)

Nerlinger (cm2)

Thiago Neves (fm 2006 or 2007)

Morais

Mark Robins (from Norwich cm93/4)

Chris Sutton

Paul Warhurst

wow can't remember i'm sure there are plenty more...

Alexandros Papadopoulos - greek striker in CM0102.

Unknown to many, but in my longest game in the last CM3 - over 30 seasons playing online with 2 other mates (this must be a record) - everbody feared him!

Scored over 700 goals in his entire career, both for clubs and national team... Hardly got injured, would score regularly and also decide big matches!

How I miss him... :)

Cherno Samba - became a brilliant player after 2 years out on loan in the Championship 03/04

Morten Gamst Pedersen - owned my midfield 03/04

Kennedy Bakircioglu - was a sensation in 00/01, you just could sign him straight away though, he'd always reject

Martin Palermo - 00/01

Stan Collymore - 00/01 - the Collymore/Palmero combination used to land about 50+ goals a season for my team

Chris Sutton - 00/01 - always picked him in my England squad and was a genius! (could never work out why he was never picked for England irl)!

Pele (the same one who now plays for WBA) was the best young DM on 01/02 for me. It's always great to see players like that crop up IRL years later.

Also the super swedes, Lunden, Selakovic, Kallstrom, Moukoko, Bakircioglu made an awesome arrowhead together.

Emmanuel Osei Kuffour needs a mention, and so does Dionisis Chiotis.

Seeing Szymkowiak score the winner in the world cup final was pretty special as well.

Dean Barrick, Jason Minett, Mark Collis, Tony Sheridan - all lower league players, bought for buttons, who made the step up to Premiership gods - CM93/94

Fan Zhiyi (Crystal Palace) - Only ever CM/FM player to be a D/M/A RLC or have I dreamt it?

Orri Freyr Oskarsson - stupidly quick winger cum striker.

Andri Sigthorsson - GOD!

actually i've got another one: Kurniwan (i think that was how you spelt it) back in 99/00 he was from Indonesia, was a great player up till the Championship, wasn't EPL material. Was also a star for me as the Canberra Cosmos in the old NSL here in Australia

I remember everyone going on and on about Oskarsson and Sigpursson, (or whatever). They were classed as "cheat" players though and I have never signed either.

Kim Kallstrom was another who was more famous as a FM player than he was in real life, (not too many of them around I am sure).

The only real superstar I have ever signed was Freddy Guarin in CM03/04 (which I think was the first game he was in). It took me a while t get him but boy was he good when I did. He used to just sit in front of the back 4 breaking up attacls and slamming in free-kicks and launching long throws into the box. God I loved that save. I signed Freddy Adu in that save too but couldn't see what all the fuss was about and let him go pretty quickly.

To Madeira wasn't even a real player, (I don't think, but maybe that was someone else I'm thinking of).

Managing in the lower leagues it was Carlo Corrazin who was alegend when I first started playing and then I remember John Doolan being pretty immense inabout CM3/CM4 and nicknaming him "the Mailman".

CM03/04 was the first time I ever had any real long lasting success and it started with a certain Super Kyle scoring goals all over the shop as he fired my little Barnet side up to the Premiership. He was backed up in no small way by Tony Taggart, (then of Barnet but since moved on), who was in the headlines as recently as last season when he scored a dramatic last minute winner foir Havant & Waterlooville against someone in the FA Cup that saw them progress to play Liverpool in the next round and give them a but of a scare.

Super Kyle continued to be a legend through the swap from CM to FM and was excellent in FM up until but not includinig FM08. Now he has scored 6 goals in 6 games this season for FC Utd could we see his star about to shine brightly in real life?

Then we had John Harkness, (left back). Played in my Hitchin team that went all the way from Conference South to Premiership in about FM06 & FM07 and scored 100 goals for my Lisburn Rangers team, (from full back), despite only joining as a 29 year old.

The most recent is McIlmurray in FM08 who became the first GK in FM history, (as far as I am aware), to score 100 career goals, (currently on 104 and still going strong).

I've got to admit that having a player in FM makes me take an interest in their real life performances.

never fail to sign these players.

djibril cisse and mexes during their time in auxerre

kompany and van den borre during their time in anderlecht

kim kallstrom, alexander farnerud, isaksson (GK), bakircioglu when still in sweden

TO MADEIRA - legend for lower league clubs

evra while still in france

reyes, torres when in spain

kaluzny a DM from poland 19, 20 for almost all his skills.

cant remember others..

Anastasios Skalidis, cant remember which game! Was clearly a 'bug' player but oh so enjoyable to own!

Ah Skalidis, great shout - he scored a stupid amount of goals for me.

Also, Enzo Scorza, who single handedly got my Swansea team to the Premiership a couple of years ago.

My most recent favourite player is Alexander Rondon, who scores so many goals for me (again with Swansea) in FM08.

Eduardo Taboada a couple of years ago, brilliant young Spanish goalkeeper, not sure if he was actually real.

There's a couple of players whose names escape me right now - a Norwegian teenager a few years ago who could play in every single outfield position (I've been trying to remember so I could sign him in FMLive, but to no avail), and an Italian striker in CM03/04 who I played up front with Rooney for Everton and they both scored over 60 goals in one season. He was really obscure and I've never heard of him outside the game. Think it was Davide something...

I may actually have to reinstall some older copies of the game to find them again.

EDIT: Davide Moscardelli! That was the one! He scored so many goals with Rooney.

I found this on wikipedia, i had no idea these players didn't exist.

''The 01/02 edition has not been without its critics however. Some have criticised the simple graphics, while others have complained about the difficulty (namely, the game being too easy). Another main reason for criticism was the existence of 'cheat players' - i.e. players whose abilities in the game are far greater than in real life, these players being inexpensive and very effective in game. An example of a cheat player is Tó Madeira, who is not actually a real life player. Others such as Maxim Tsigalko, Sergey Nikiforenko, Ibrahim Said and the infamous 'super Swedes' and 'super Greeks', whichwere found in the official cm0102v3968 update and were not part of the original database, i.e. Dionisis Chiotis, Stilianos Doukas, Giannis Kalogeras, Achileas Kourtoglou, Anastasios Skalidis, Alexandros Papadopoulos and Nikolaos Tobros were also over rated by a considerable amount, even some of them are not real life player. Later some also discovered 'super Norwegians', i.e. Anders Matisen, Kristian Ravneng, Tom Arild Fredriksen, Ole Christian Andersen, Tommy Larsen, Henrik Martinsen, Stig Jensen and infamous Paal "Hyypia" Solie.

Whilst non-real life players are considered cheating by the experienced players of CM 01/02, the "Super Greeks" and "Super Swedes", and other players such as Cherno Samba & Franco Costanzo are considered perfectly fine. For example the player Kim Källström was considered to be vastly over-rated and would never amount to anything, yet recently has made a name for himself as "the Swedish Steven Gerrard."

It is also possible to cheat by appointing new managers for two teams who are due to play one another.

For the first time, the game did not include background pictures of the ground at which the current game was being played.''

Anastasios Skalidis, cant remember which game! Was clearly a 'bug' player but oh so enjoyable to own!

He was awesome! 197 goals in 237 games for my Champions League winning Luton side ;-)

I've got a screenshot (sad or what!) and the first season is 02/03, whichever year that was...

Orri Freyr Oskarsson on CM03/04, scoring 50 goals every season...

Such a legend, him and Kristjansson on my game scored 100 goals a season between them and throw in Brynjarsson I'd be looking at 130 from the front 3 alone! That was my greatest ever managerial campaign... how I miss that team

Radamel Falcao Garcia (CM03/04), bought him on a long term game with Real Madrid that I got really into (had got bored with my usual Liverpool one) and by the end of the noughties/start of the tens he'd routinely bang in 40/50 goals a season in all competitions without fail, he had 20 for finishing and off the ball and accelerated the departure of both Raul and Ronaldo. Lost the save at around 2015-ish when my laptop crashed, was gutted but by then Football Manager 2006 (i skipped 05) was out so moved on to that.

Since then I've never really had any players that stand out. Mascherano has been consistently world class in every game for me since 03/04 and I always bought him without fail until he moved to Liverpool anyway. I remember Fabio Aurelio and Gabriel Paletta both being awesome in FM06 before Liverpool bought them (and indeed before I'd even heard of them!) IRL.

Others such as Maxim Tsigalko, Sergey Nikiforenko, Ibrahim Said and the infamous 'super Swedes' and 'super Greeks', whichwere found in the official cm0102v3968 update and were not part of the original database

Ibrahim Said was real, he had a trial for Everton if i remember correctly

Dionisi Chiotis, forgot about him pure ledge