All leagues loaded and large database possible??

To be honest I don't think the game will be designed to work like that, given that 99% of users will run the game with a number of leagues/players on the low side. You can, of course, run with everything loaded, but it's going to perform pretty terribly as it's probably just a linear scaling.

Obama kens the score. He loves a detailed game-world.

I can just picture him and Joe Biden up all night, secretly using the government mainframe to play FM.

The same Versus game over and over again, Chicago Fire V New England Revolution... :D

To be honest I don't think the game will be designed to work like that, given that 99% of users will run the game with a number of leagues/players on the low side. You can, of course, run with everything loaded, but it's going to perform pretty terribly as it's probably just a linear scaling.

I run a lot of my saves with all leagues on a small database and it runs just fine. The difference between small & large database when all the leagues are loaded is fairly minimal - I think it was something like 4,000 players different with over 200k loaded even with a small database.

Some people may think it runs slow but personally I never notice, the only time you have to wait a while is 31st Dec & 30th June.

I run a lot of my saves with all leagues on a small database and it runs just fine. The difference between small & large database when all the leagues are loaded is fairly minimal - I think it was something like 4,000 players different with over 200k loaded even with a small database.

Some people may think it runs slow but personally I never notice, the only time you have to wait a while is 31st Dec & 30th June.

Yeah, it's completely subjective. Your idea of running just fine will vary to mine, for example, because I'm extremely impatient and would rather fly through seasons.

When I say it isn't designed to work like that, I more mean that I don't think they'll have done too much optimisation at the very top end (if any is possible at all) with it just scaling up in a linear fashion. Could be wrong though, I haven't ever really experimented with huge databases, as I've never had a particularly top end machine, just a pretty good one.

Are you using a desktop?

Slow or not ... is in the eye of the beholder. I am the patient type, and don't mind playing with maxed out database and all possible leagues in play. Does the seasons fly by? Certainly not - but I'm fine with it that way.

I remember in an interview with either Ov or Paul Collier, the inventors of this game, a while back ... he said that he always run the game with the biggest possible football world in play, and wouldn't want it any other way. I don't know if that's still his modus operandi. But, it's certainly possible - if you're not the impatient type. I currently run all countries top leagues in my latest save, + the 2, 3 or 4 top leagues in England, Germany, France, Spain and Italy, with advanced database settings. Started with about 165.000 players. This on a custom laptop with a Intel Core i7 920 processor, 12 GB RAM and a SSD. For me, it runs quite satisfactory.

You are aware that Intel has just put their latest processor generation on the market? The Broadwells are here, the i7-5xxx series.

Can you help me build the PC alone (excluding monitor, keyboard)? I have around $1400 - $1600.. If you're having fun with 165,000 players at the start, then I will be happier for sure. So please help me

Can you help me build the PC alone (excluding monitor, keyboard)? I have around $1400 - $1600.. If you're having fun with 165,000 players at the start, then I will be happier for sure. So please help me

I'm sorry - I haven't been keeping up with the latest in desktop computers for many, many years. I wouldn't be of much help to you. I just remembered reading the other day that the i7 Broadwells are hitting the stores.

I'm sorry - I haven't been keeping up with the latest in desktop computers for many, many years. I wouldn't be of much help to you. I just remembered reading the other day that the i7 Broadwells are hitting the stores.

No worries. I just hope someone can help me build the PC that will be perfect for my FM needs

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421603-Football-Manager-15-Benchmark-Thread

FYI Skylake is going to be launched tomorrow, Broadwell was a disappointment on the Desktop except for its strong IGPU (which you don't need for FM if you will buy a dedicated GPU).

For now the I7 4790K is the fastest experience out of the box on FM 2015. Overclocking can result in another story with the Haswell-E series.

I have a top of the range laptop. I run 246 leagues from 119 nations with 330,000 players.

Because I have way too much time on my hands at this moment in my life I also have the game on maximum detail.

It's slow but works. Takes approximately just over an hour to run 1 week.

It's more manageable with minimum details and still gives a great feeling for being immersed in a whole World of football. :)

Archived