Alberto Zapater cant play?

Be good if the game told you this though. In my current Bradford save, Owen Garvan is a free agent and I got him on trial, only to say he's unavailable. When I hover over the tab, it says something about not being available until a 'transfer embargo' is lifted. I don't have an embargo at my club, and nowhere on his profile does it mention anything about this, so it's frustrating not knowing. It's like Biabany at Parma - unless you know about his illness in real life, there's no way of you knowing in game why he's constantly unavailable for the first season. The game should do a better job of explaining things like this.

I had something like that happen not long ago. I was patting myself on the back in getting a good free agent Italian midfielder (who could play out wide, covering multiple positions that needed improvement) only to see that he was serving a suspension of a couple of years which I found out was for match fixing. He was on relatively high wages as well but his contract only lasted until the end of that season so it wasn't that big a problem. It did note his suspension on his profile (though I didn't notice it when I should have).

Yeah, if it's this was set in the database, there should be information about it in the player's Information tab.

Wouldn't you also have a red line of text when making an offer or offering a contract, telling you he'll be available from a certain date only?

I don't think the game will include a reason if a player has been banned for something that isn't an option in the actual game, I think legal issues will also sometimes stop a reason being given.

Though I've no idea what Zapater has done to earn a two year ban, there doesn't seem to be any information about it anywhere?

Be good if the game told you this though. In my current Bradford save, Owen Garvan is a free agent and I got him on trial, only to say he's unavailable. When I hover over the tab, it says something about not being available until a 'transfer embargo' is lifted. I don't have an embargo at my club, and nowhere on his profile does it mention anything about this, so it's frustrating not knowing. It's like Biabany at Parma - unless you know about his illness in real life, there's no way of you knowing in game why he's constantly unavailable for the first season. The game should do a better job of explaining things like this.

Players on trial can't play in competitive matches. That thing about transfer embargo is weird though. Bug. probably. Post about it in the bugs forum, then you'll be helping us all to get this game better and more accurate.

Archived