smp20's Champions League Challenge

I'm enjoying this challenge - though getting frustrated at Partizan. Been really quiet lately as I'm moving house. No updates are imminent...

I'm enjoying this challenge - though getting frustrated at Partizan. Been really quiet lately as I'm moving house. No updates are imminent...

I've spent my whole life with one aim...win the Champions League with Partizan Belgrade...still no luck.

I hope you have more success than me!!

• 2 weeks later...

Partizan Beograd do the double!

150px-FK_Partizan_-_newest_logo_PNG.png

It seems this thread has fizzled out somewhat since I last posted, but I shall persevere nevertheless

Competitions

Serbia

Superleague - Although we won it easily once more, I was disappointed to lose 4 games along the way.

Serbia Cup - A comfortable route to the final, where we dominated a match against lower league opposition

Europe

Champions League Final - I dodged a bullet here. Shakhtar Donetsk made the final for the first time, and only went and beat Man Utd in the final. I was convinced I'd have to add another team to the list..

Europa League - My attempts in Europe were poor once more, though I did get slightly further in the Europa League than last season. Disappointed not to qualify for the Champions League, but delighted with a comfortable victory over Liverpool.

Transfers

Again, more outs than ins across the season but I did spend a little bit of money this time round. Ninkovic on loan was a brilliant signing, and Rodallega also did a cracking job. Lucho Gonzalez also proved a valuable asset. We didn't really miss any of the players who left.

Targets

Have an unbeaten season in the league - FAIL

Win the domestic cup - SUCCESS

Reach the Group Stage of the Champions League - FAIL

Keep hold of my best players - FAIL (Zivkovic left on a free to Barcelona. Ouch!)

Targets for Season 3

Have an unbeaten season in the league

Reach the Group Stage of the Champions League

Keep hold of my best players

He simply wouldn't sign a new contract, then when Barcelona came in for him it was a no brainer. Thought I'd at least get some form of compensation, but that wasn't the case. Making sure I tie my youngsters down on longer contracts now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Like a fart in a Jacuzzi, this thread rose to the surface with such energy and triumph, only to burst in one brief moment of glorious stench, and then dissipate into nothingness, disappearing forever.

Sad.

Archived