Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came into say that I have been impressed with Moses. His strength offers something a bit different on the right and has looked the best for us so far. I do think he's one of those players that plays better with better players around him. If he creates chances here there's more chance someone is going to finish them off.

Do you want to see Cuadrado continue playing? :brock:

Yes. I think he has far more to offer than the few minutes we've seen of him so far last season. And otherwise we still have Moses and Traoré, so why do we need Pedro?

Have you guys seen Mourinho's come back to Benitez's wife's comments about Rafa having to clean up after him? It's gold.

"The lady is a bit confused," a straight-faced Mourinho said, drawing laughs from reporters. "I am not laughing.

“Her husband went to Chelsea to replace Roberto Di Matteo and he went to Real Madrid and replaced Carlo Ancelotti.

“The only club where her husband replaced me was at Inter Milan, where in six months he destroyed the best team in Europe at the time.

"For her also to think about me and to speak about me, I think she needs to occupy her time, and if she takes care of her husband’s diet she will have less time to speak about me."

Just watched two future Chelsea youth team players today, both were younger than the age group they were playing for which was the Juniors (U15's). One was playing for County Londonderry and the other for County Antrim at the Milk Cup.

Sam McClelland CB who is 13 for County Londonderry and Ethan Galbraith for County Antrim. Phil you heard anything about these two? I think they're supposed to join up next year or something.

A player which stood out was #7 for County Londonderry Jordan McEneff when they played Southampton U15's yesterday, probably the best player on the pitch for either team and County Londonderry should have won, just a shame they got a player sent off early in the second half. He's apparently had trials with Arsenal and Spurs.

• Administrators

I've heard of McClelland, think he was part of the squad that went to the PL Truce Tournament last Christmas. Galbraith is new to me but I don't place a huge focus on the lower age groups for understandable reasons.

I've heard of McClelland, think he was part of the squad that went to the PL Truce Tournament last Christmas. Galbraith is new to me but I don't place a huge focus on the lower age groups for understandable reasons.

Will be interesting to see how they get on. Maybe it's not Galbraith because I think sometimes they mix up the names in the squad list, but he's blonde haired, AM / ST and from Northern Ireland of course :p

Phil do you reckon Chelsea will ever send over another U17 side again for the Milk Cup? I know the last time they were over it was an U15 side and I think John Swift was a part of that squad or else it was the squad before the last squad.

Do people actually say County Londonderry? I have never heard that.

You get people who say it from some parts in Northern Ireland, I called them that because the team is called County Londonderry and not County Derry in the list of teams whereas normally I'd just call it County Derry :D

The way the media are banging on, I feel like we are the underdogs today.

Also we SOLD Cech to Arsenal. They didn't buy him from us and the media also going on about that as though they prized away our starting keeper.

The way the media are banging on, I feel like we are the underdogs today.

Also we SOLD Cech to Arsenal. They didn't buy him from us and the media also going on about that as though they prized away our starting keeper.

Why do you even care? You'll win today and almost certainly retain the title.

I hate hate the fact we lost. I hate the fact it was to Arsenal and their entire ***** little fan base.

However, we dominated them for the entire game but just couldn't get that perfect chance or when we did we just didn't finish it. No doubt some Arsenal **** will come wade in here and somehow say they weren't totally non-existent for at least half that game.

Embarrassing to watch them cheer every Cech save and celebrate winning the Community Shield like the Champions League they will never win. People claiming our team last year were the worst champions, let's hope this average team doesn't win it. That would be a letdown for the league in general.

Embarrassing to watch them cheer every Cech save and celebrate winning the Community Shield like the Champions League they will never win.

Well, you gotta cheer for something I guess? Let them have it :D Winner of this match doesnt win the league anyway.

I hate hate the fact we lost. I hate the fact it was to Arsenal and their entire ***** little fan base.

However, we dominated them for the entire game but just couldn't get that perfect chance or when we did we just didn't finish it. No doubt some Arsenal **** will come wade in here and somehow say they weren't totally non-existent for at least half that game.

Embarrassing to watch them cheer every Cech save and celebrate winning the Community Shield like the Champions League they will never win. People claiming our team last year were the worst champions, let's hope this average team doesn't win it. That would be a letdown for the league in general.

This is amazing.

****s sake coleman :D

Was told to see your post from the Community Shield thread. Not disappointed at all :D Ffs lighten up mate

[video=youtube;48H34ukFe8g]

Coleman :D

What a mug. Worst thing is that Chelsea didn't even come close to dominating that game. Some people just don't know football.

What happened to Chelsea today is exactly what Chelsea have done to teams throughout the years.

Pretty confident we will get a young left back in (if only we had have had a solid, young English left back like Ryan Bertrand), Think Jose playing Zouma at left back for a few minutes may have partly been a quick message to the board to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Other than that, we do have a bit of history of making massive deadline day deals so wouldn't be overly shocked if we pull off something a bit unexpected, not that I can see any area we are desperately lacking in.

As for right winger, think Willian was by far our least bad player today, though maybe a number 10 if we are going to play 4-2-3-1, though I think we may see a bit more 4-3-3 this year.

Don't go tcoleman1, you're usually pretty sound, we all hate losing to Arsenal, it can do funny things to the mind.

What happened to Chelsea today is exactly what Chelsea have done to teams throughout the years.

Yep, this. Can't complain, we didn't play well. Too many players not at their best (Hazard and Cesc particularly below par), and Arsenal did exactly what was needed, and probably could've scored more if needed.

Still feel like we are a couple of signings short. LB clearly a priority, also need a better quality CM and RW if possible. Not sure what Jose is upto, the problems with the squad are pretty evident?

Yeah this, though I think RW is lowest priority, an LB and a really good CM so we're not totally reliant on Cesc with his variable form would be great.

I wouldn't expect to see much though, I feel like we haven't been handed too much cash to spend this summer, definitely more of a buy-to-sell summer than one where we're going to make big signings. Would be happy to be proved wrong however.

Pretty confident we will get a young left back in (if only we had have had a solid, young English left back like Ryan Bertrand), Think Jose playing Zouma at left back for a few minutes may have partly been a quick message to the board to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Other than that, we do have a bit of history of making massive deadline day deals so wouldn't be overly shocked if we pull off something a bit unexpected, not that I can see any area we are desperately lacking in.

As for right winger, think Willian was by far our least bad player today, though maybe a number 10 if we are going to play 4-2-3-1, though I think we may see a bit more 4-3-3 this year.

Think Zouma was just on so we could go three at the back, but yeah Jose does like giving a subtle message to the board now and again.

Yeah, thought it was a bit weird letting Bertrand go. After this season, it is possible that Terry will leave/retire. Ivanovic can move into the middle, Az can finally play RB (where he will probably turn into the one of the best defensive RB Europe) and Bertrand can take over at LB. I think anyone you sign should probably be one you can stick with, since there's possibly quite a bit of movement in the defense after this season.

On another day we would have won that game. Rambo missing a free header was criminal and I don't think the criticism of Falcao was justified, he was an improvement on Remy who was lazily caught off side frequently today. Falcao's best moment was his movement to get him nearly 1 on 1 with the keeper after a pass from Cesc.

On another day we would have won that game. Rambo missing a free header was criminal and I don't think the criticism of Falcao was justified, he was an improvement on Remy who was lazily caught off side frequently today. Falcao's best moment was his movement to get him nearly 1 on 1 with the keeper after a pass from Cesc.

Yeah, Falcao is really good in that regard. He'll nearly score you a bag full.

...the problems with the squad are pretty evident?

Are they? Or it only seems that way because we lost? Imo if we had Costa available today, it would have been 2-0 or 3-1 easily. And no one would have mentioned problems with the squad. This is the team that won the league last season, bar Costa. We played badly and that's it, no excuses. I still think we will win it this year again, without significant signings.

I doubt that Ivanovic will move into the middle. I think people underestimate how good he is going forward in open play because of his size. He's not a CB imo.

I think this might be his last season as a top RB though. Very few fullbacks remain top level after turning 32.

Apart from the abject lethargy of pretty much the whole team, which considering it was basically pre-season is forgivable, the only worrying thing for me was some of the tactical choices Jose made. Always harder to tell when watching on telly, but it seemed like he was trying out both Fabregas and Hazard in the number 10 spot at different points in the match. Given how much he has been comparing Hazard to Messi and Ronaldo for the last year or so I wonder if he could be looking to move Hazard in to a more central role which doesn't make the most of his skills.

Archived