Meet The Attacking Midfield Playmaker

Nice thread Cleon and what an amazing player you've got there!

I know it's been a while but do you still play that save? How things turned out for you with that player?

I suppose that you did not untrained him the comes deep to get the ball PPM? For the number of assists he gets, i imagine you've kept that.

Thanks!

Nice thread Cleon and what an amazing player you've got there!

I know it's been a while but do you still play that save? How things turned out for you with that player?

I suppose that you did not untrained him the comes deep to get the ball PPM? For the number of assists he gets, i imagine you've kept that.

Thanks!

I have the save and played a few seasons more I think but I've not played FM for about 4 months now.

Why does he have such a high marking attribute?

Because that's what he has? You can see in the very first screen that he has a high attribute for it when he entered the academy.

you mean two months right? this was posted in june.

No 4, my game was already way more advanced than when I posted this. I keep 2 saves a season for every season I play so I can go back and do stuff like this and use it for analysis etc. I wrote this about 6 weeks before even posting it. Just like I have lots of stuff written that I've not posted yet already.

When I say 4 I mean 4 not 2 or I'd have said 2 ;)

then why do you post an update on the player's season 15 days after posting the thread? surely it'd be more clear to just post his season "so far" in the opening post like you have done with the seasons he played before the current season?

Because I didn't add an update? I added a screenshot, a BIG difference between a screenshot and written text making it an article. I have a life and don't have time to write constant update after update? I added the screen as someone asked on Twitter and I was getting PM's on here about him so I thought I'd add it here. Plus why would I add it to the OP it doesn't follow the direction of the rest because they are full seasons not part ones. Does it REALLY matter? Stop trying to be an arse. You tried to be clever but was wrong so move on.

anyhow, back on topic. the player has a high work rate and very high marking. do you ask him to do quite a bit of specific defensive work? make him close down more together with the two forwards? specifically mark the defensive midfielder out of the game to mess up the distribution of the opposition? or do you feel this takes something away from his attacking play?

Cleon excellent post, so informative. Just out of interest, you have been able to give the player some serious game time due to the sheer number of fixtures.

However if you had the same player and trying to develop in the same scenario say at Liverpool where at 16/17 he wouldn't necessarily be good enough for the team what approach would you have taken in this case to develop the player. Finally., would it be possible to develop the player to the same level if you couldn't afford him more game time? Thanks!

Cleon excellent post, so informative. Just out of interest, you have been able to give the player some serious game time due to the sheer number of fixtures.

However if you had the same player and trying to develop in the same scenario say at Liverpool where at 16/17 he wouldn't necessarily be good enough for the team what approach would you have taken in this case to develop the player. Finally., would it be possible to develop the player to the same level if you couldn't afford him more game time? Thanks!

He'd have got a lot of games regardless of what league I was in. If I was Sheffield United he'd have still played every minute he could. If you want to focus on player development then they need as much game time as possible, without giving them that you're not really developing them. More game time = better development once they have the right personality type. Game time is crucial.

This thread together with the DLF thread made me think about the TM/playmaker roles yet again as well as revisiting training and how best to get players to develop.

It is interesting to see how you can achieve a role for a player without choosing the FM "role."

This makes me go back to a thread I saw some time ago about what roles should actually be in FM. It would probably really makes things easier for people if there were fewer roles and then you just use the PI to make the player into what you want him to do with some specialized roles that then actually behave differently within the formation.

As I end up having a No.10 with almost every team - I will look at my role selection again - inspired by this thread. I had a save with Dortmund some months ago where I used an AMa for a change (for some reason I always end up with an APs or T in that position). I always liked the AMa role and how the player moves.

Thank you for the thread again. It is good to see things from a different perspective.

Archived