Failing the invincibles challange with Man City

So i decided to go and complete the challanges in the FM15 mostly because i'm boared of "spaceing" the game with downloaded tactics and beacuse i want to create a good set of tactics to play with them. After reading lines and diamonds from the Hand of God and other articles (it's not the first time i play FM nor the first FM that i buy) i'm stuck with the easiest IMHO challange (that shows how good i am). I picked up Man City and decided to create a solid 442 standard thinking that's the simpliest tactic to start with although my favourite formation 4123 DM and 2 wingers. First game is against West Ham, from the squad report i found out they play a 541 with direct passing so i decided to go with this setup eventually selecting drop deeper if i start leaking through balls west_ham_tactic.png

screenshot windows

that one went good

west_ham_end.png

pic host

second game i go against Man UTD again i take a look at squad report they score from passing mostly flanks and are playing 4312 narrow passing so i decide to go with this setup

Man_utd_tactic.png

photos upload

after they started to smashing me clearly, i decided to select exploit flanks and push higher up without results so the half time finished with 2-0 first goal Mata free kick and second goal from passing edge of the box Falcao scored.

For the second half i decided to go with direct passing play narrower exploit the flanks and played with wingers role first selecting for both wide playmaker attack and after that selecting winger attack for both. with that setup Falcao score the second goal from a cross but i managed to score 2 goals first Bony from a through ball from the defender second from a pass from the edge of the box.

Man_utd_end.png

jpg images

Help me understand guys where i failed with suggestions thanks and sorry for my english

Archived