Conceding late goals

Hi lads,

Bit of a newbie here to the tactics side of things on SI so please bear with me and go easy.My main point is in my save i seem to be conceding a lot of late goals.

I can be cruising 2-0 in a game,and then lose 3-2 with literally 3 sucker punches,which unfortunately is still fresh in my memory from a few hours back,im at the end of my tether with it!!!

For example; if i am winning 2-0 say,i usually will say to the players "concentrate" and in the tactical instructions lower the tempo of the game,more possesion play,play a bit narrower that sort of thing,but i just cant get how this seems to happen or what i can to tactically to try and address it to be honest.

This has happened in a few games recently now,my tactic is pretty basic i know as you can maybe see from the screenies i have put up,and also of the times when im most conceding goals.

Zgc0rs3.pngiMHIYhF.png

Look forward to hearing from you guys in the hope someone can help before i tear my hair out!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Why are you using Wingers at AML/R rather than ML/R? What have you seen that differs from the performance at ML/R?

Your issues may stem from the fact that ordinarily, a 4-4-2 (in any form) needs a holding player in midfield, and you don't have one. Your front line also lacks a real connection to midfield, so I would suggest you drop the AML/R back, get a more static Role / Duty at MC, and reconsider the settings of one of your strikers.

In addition, you are playing with a Fluid, Attacking system, so players are doing what they want, and are high up the field looking to score. Ignoring the fact you "lower the tempo of the game,more possesion play,play a bit narrower that sort of thing", do you actually do anything to rein in that aggressive, attacking approach?

Very attacking that mate, you'll need a re-think when you get promoted, that's for sure. RTH has given good pointers, I would say as a priority.

1. Move Wingers to MR/ML

2. Consider changing DLP to a Defend duty

You need to cover the space the opposition will attack you in, how are you conceding, try and plug those gaps.

Thanks for the reply guys.....

@RTHerringbone- couple of very good points that you make there,in all fairness i have never played with just sided midfielders,more higher wingers,so yep thats something i may have to try out,and also reduce the fluidity levels.What kind of MC role would you say though maybe a BWM in there possibly?

@macca72- yep more of a defensive midfield option in there just dont know where and how really to be honest.

Thanks for the input guys i'll give this a bash and see how i get on.

When holding on to a lead I'd drop the BWM to a more conservative role like the simple CM (S) or (D). That would help keeping shape and forcing the other team to play through your defense instead of your team chasing the ball (even though it's just one player).

-SnUrF

When holding on to a lead I'd drop the BWM to a more conservative role like the simple CM (S) or (D). That would help keeping shape and forcing the other team to play through your defense instead of your team chasing the ball (even though it's just one player).

-SnUrF

Thanks SnUrF will try and incorporate that in the next tactic i make up,or even adjust this one

Archived