Norwich City - Flying High with The Canaries

RossMFC91

Hey guys, more of a reader here than a poster but my current game featuring Norwich City is going unbelievably good that i felt the need to share!

Firstly, why Norwich? Well, my girlfriend lives there so i'm often a visitor to the place (although i still haven't been to Carrow Road for a match).

Season 2014/2015 - The Championship

I set myself as a Sunday League Footballer with low coaching qualifications.

In the first season i felt that the squad was strong enough to gain promotion on their own with only the Defence needing a little more strengthening.

3FnL6Mj.png

So in the summer i loaned in Everton left back Luke Garbutt and signed midfielder Jack Collison for a bit more cover. The sales of Bennett and Olsson in January allowed me to bring in Danny Wilson and loan in Jon Flanagan from Liverpool. I also loaned in striker Tony Sanabria from Roma and attacking midfielder Munir coming from Barcelona. Ross Wallace was also added as cover on the left wing.

Jack Collison didn't last long until he was loaned out due to being, well, pretty awful.

The league campaign was going pretty steady and i drifted about the top 3 all season. That was until i hit crunch time and the last month of the season became a complete disaster as my team bottled it.

o8n9kLg.png

2olJzP2.png

To say i was distraught is an understatement as at the point of the Bolton match, i was actually top of the league!

Chelsea knocked me out of the Capital One cup at the 3rd round by defeating me 5-2 and Arsenal knocked me out of the FA Cup at the 5th round, beating me 4-0.

Here was the Best 11 from 14/15. (Lewis Grabban is a MACHINE)

QnrgCP6.png

Next season i was determined promotion, at the very least, was a must.

Season 15/16 - The Championship

The summer of 2015 came and with it some major dealings in the transfer market including a whopping £20 million for Nathan Redmond from Liverpool (who i managed to get back on loan in January too). There was a bit of a Liverpool connection developing as you can see! Kolo Toure was actually a little disappointing but Wisdom became a consistently brilliant performer throughout the season.

KT2hKSc.png

Some more transfers out in January

BZ1mkzl.png

The season started in spectacular form with only 3 league defeats between August and December. One was a strange 6-1 defeat to Yeovil. Not quite sure what happened in that match!

LZjMDv4.png

There would only be another 2 defeats all season as we romped home with the title!

jfbWxlm.png

The best 11 for Season 15/16 was:

KCVFs4O.png

Champions! Bring on The Premiership!

Archived