Board meeting frequency?

I was travelling for a while so didn't get the chance to install the latest patch, but I did so recently and my god.....

I've been a fervent critic of FM15 as I think nothing new has been added or improved, but this patch has made it even worse. Board meetings after almost every loss with only two available options to choose from everytime about why the team didn't win. I say the same thing everytime and carry on as normal and it's just pointless and repetitive.

I'm now also getting shafted on morale and form a lot more than before. And player interaction seems even less intuitive (which I really didn't think was possible as it was broken before). "I have a lot of allies in the team" says my reserve goalie who's never gotten close to the first team.

And managers are now coming out in the press almost week in week out and saying I should be sacked. Can ANYONE remember reading anything like that IRL?

hmm, my save is experiencing the exact opposite. I don't think the update had anything to do with it, after the update my Board are still useless but they are now a bit more trusting of me (you'd think after 18 consecutive title wins they would see me as a god). My players are less moany only because now anyone who wants anything I say you are free to leave because I can't be bothered with the mind game nonsense. But the press are still a nightmare.

I guess what I'm saying is just to adapt to the nonsense the game throws at you.

What's your team's situation? Which team are you and what are they expecting? Why are other managers saying you should be fired?

My team aren't exactly at the top but we're not struggling. We lost 3-0 away to a much stronger Man Utd team and the board requested a meeting about it. I said "they were stronger than us on the day" and they wouldn't accept that as an excuse. It's ludicrous. And then I say "you should give me more time as I've done so much for the club" which they're happy with. This happens in every conversation without any variety.

And I've no idea why other managers are saying that I should be fired as I don't often do press conferences or stuff like that. But some of the media stories are absurd and include things that no manager IRL would ever say. I'm just annoyed at the repetition and that nothing has been improved whatsoever.

I've been a fervent critic of FM15

Hmm...

as I think nothing new has been added or improved

Now, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and plenty of people are going to dislike the game for valid, well-thought-out reasons. But to say nothing new has been added...well, it's just incorrect, no opinion needed.

Anyway, with your specific case, I'd be absolutely amazed if there wasn't more to it. If the new update was causing people to get sacked left, right and center then you wouldn't have been able to move for complaints on here. As it is, seems like you're the only one saying it. Doesn't that tell you something?

Hmm...

Now, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and plenty of people are going to dislike the game for valid, well-thought-out reasons. But to say nothing new has been added...well, it's just incorrect, no opinion needed.

I'm afraid you're wrong to dismiss my claim, although maybe I should've phrased it a bit differently. I can't think of any "new feature" that improved the game from the last one (other than minor interface changes). The only discernible and notable new feature in my eyes was player interaction which was widely ridiculed as farcical when the game was first released and hasn't much improved since then.

In my case, the game has become even more repetitive than before since I installed the last patch. It got better after one of the previous updates, but now it's taken a step back. It doesn't need to happen to everyone else but I'm saying that it's changed the game in a way that ruins the experience for me personally, and I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. .

It does sound like you're having trouble managing your squad, what information do you look at before enter a chat when a player requests to have one with you?

Next time a player asks for a chat are you willing to post screenshots showing what you do? This could help spot any critical errors that you are making.

I'm afraid you're wrong to dismiss my claim, although maybe I should've phrased it a bit differently. I can't think of any "new feature" that improved the game from the last one (other than minor interface changes). The only discernible and notable new feature in my eyes was player interaction which was widely ridiculed as farcical when the game was first released and hasn't much improved since then.

In my case, the game has become even more repetitive than before since I installed the last patch. It got better after one of the previous updates, but now it's taken a step back. It doesn't need to happen to everyone else but I'm saying that it's changed the game in a way that ruins the experience for me personally, and I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. .

So it's now moved from "no new features" to "no new features that you personally like"? Apart from the ME refinements, motion capture, and scouting changes I guess. But subjective I suppose. If you hate the game, you hate the game.

It does sound like you're having trouble managing your squad, what information do you look at before enter a chat when a player requests to have one with you?

Next time a player asks for a chat are you willing to post screenshots showing what you do? This could help spot any critical errors that you are making.

I appreciate the advice, but I'm not sure that's the case. Usually when I talk to players, conversations are resolved without any fuss (possibly because I've managed the club for many years and have a bit more gravitas). But the patch has DEFINITELY given me more board interation meetings after every defeat. I can only recall having one or two board meetings after bad results before I installed the recent patch. I was predicted to finish mid table and we're doing better than expected, but everytime I lose they say that my position is under threat. I give the same responses every time and we carry on as normal. To me, that repetition is a clear sign that something isn't right.

I do not recall there being any mention of changes to that part of the game but SI do not always publish details of minor tweaks that are included in any given update. If you have continued a save across updates it could also be perception & poor timing in that the board were always going to get on your case & the update is just a coincidence.

The best suggestion I can offer is to save before each match & next time to board request you attend a meeting upload a copy of the pre-match save point for SI to take a look at why the board called the meeting.

So it's now moved from "no new features" to "no new features that you personally like"? Apart from the ME refinements, motion capture, and scouting changes I guess. But subjective I suppose. If you hate the game, you hate the game.

If you read my reply again then you'll notice I said I should've phrased it differently. But I'll say it one more time for clarity: there are no discernible "new features" that improved the game.

The ME is hardly different and was very bug-ridden before earlier updates, and I'll be honest, I've only just this minute seen the story about motion capture for FM16. But that's a superficial improvement and, to me, just glosses up the gameplay but doesn't improve it. That's why I don't view it as a new feature.

For instance: team talks. First introduced in FM06. That's a new feature which improved the game. 9 editions later, it's more or less the same except for individual talks and tone but the basic mechanic of the feature remains the same. Can it seriously not be improved any more? Of course it can. But it hasn't been, hence my frustration.

It's also wrong to say that I hate the game as I've always loved FM. But it's frustrating when it can be so much better and nothing seems to change year in year out.

And even more frustrating after this latest patch.

I do not recall there being any mention of changes to that part of the game but SI do not always publish details of minor tweaks that are included in any given update. If you have continued a save across updates it could also be perception & poor timing in that the board were always going to get on your case & the update is just a coincidence.

The best suggestion I can offer is to save before each match & next time to board request you attend a meeting upload a copy of the pre-match save point for SI to take a look at why the board called the meeting.

Before the latest patch, if my job was at risk, the board seldom requested meetings. Maybe in about 15 seasons, it happened less than 5 times. Now, it happens after almost every defeat and occasionally after some draws. And the responses I give are the same everytime and the process keeps repeating itself.

Before the latest patch, if my job was at risk, the board seldom requested meetings. Maybe in about 15 seasons, it happened less than 5 times. Now, it happens after almost every defeat and occasionally after some draws. And the responses I give are the same everytime and the process keeps repeating itself.
Maybe there was a small tweak that wasn't announced or a change elsewhere that has had an unforeseen knock-on, could make providing a save point before a meeting is called even more important.
Can we steer clear of criticising the OP? He's admitted to wording his post poorly so there not really any need to continue along that path.

It'd be much better if we help him identify any problems (bugs or play approach) & helping him find possible solutions that will bring back the enjoyment of playing FM.

Archived