FM:2009 - Dreaming in anticipation!

Vinsanity666

Now that FM 09 is just a couple of months around the corner i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we would talk about our plans for FM09. What team you are going to be, what tactic you would use, what players you want to buy, what player you'll be loaning, what your goal will be, ...

Just dreaming in anticipation of the new game :D

I'll start:

I'm going to be Royal Antwerp FC in the Belgian 2nd Division.

For those who don't know about them: They are a feeder club to Manchester United and are the oldest club in the Belgian leagues. They were the first to apply for a team number (something you will need to acquire to start a football team in Belgium called "stamnummer") so they got team number 1! They are also the last team in Belgium to have won a European cup... Wich has been a lot of years ago :D

My main objective is becoming the big club they used to be a couple of decennia ago where they were challengers for the league, but that is in the long run. In the short run my main objective will have to be promotion to the First Division in the 1st or 2nd season and becoming an established team in the 1st division.

I won't be looking to add to much new faces into the club, but i'll be sure to check out some players who are on the transfer list and have played for some big clubs. Loaning or buying some Belgian talent and nurturing them into strong physical players. And i'll definately try to buy Sven Delanoy from RBC Roosendaal, because he used to be my football trainer IRL.

As for a tactic i'll most probably try to implement modern day football in the form of a 4-1-2-2-1 wich used a "GK - Flat back four - DM - 2 MC's - AMR & AML - ST" with a short passing game. But i'm not sure yet, because they players might not be able to play a short passing game. But that'll have to wait for when the game has arrived.

Now i'll stop talking and let you guys share your "dreams" in anticipation...

Guest arsenal2111

My first game will be Arsenal. This is to get used to all of the players, and just because I love playing as them.

After this, I will be making then playing the new Harpenden Town game.

Juventus of course, my favourite club irl, just love to see them be the best in Europe.

me too, i'm juventino, and always started with juventus, now they have so a lot of talented players (giovinco, de ceglie, marchisio, pasquato, rossi, iago) so it will be more funnier, you dont have to buy a lot of players for the future. juventus will be great in this game!

I reckon a lot of people will start off as Man City just because of all the money, Robinho & Kompany :)

not forgetting Richards, Hart, Elano, Wright-Phillips... that's quite a fab team imo.

Gona be a hard season being a ManUtd Fan. which is the first club that I will (always) play as whenever a new FM comes out!

Hrm.

I'll probably start off with Crystal Palace, as I always do. Attempt to win Prem with them, then start a new game.

Maybe as Benfica as that was one of my most enjoyable saves in FM08, then have a go with Barcelona maybe(I always like to have total domination).

And finally, Man City. HeHe. But with people saying how easy the City job will be, if it was realistic the board will give crazy expectations like win the champs league first season when you're not even in it or win prem first season! But it'll be fun having so much money.

TTFN.

I can't wait to start as my Sunderland team with our new players might not have to replace 90 percent of the team like on this years. Then it will be onto Crewe hopefully Elding will be semi-decent and Joel Grant will have some potential. Lastly I hope that ADESG in the Brazilian lower leagues have more than the 6 players they have on FM08, bring it on.

Int the game with my friend i will be Man utd with a World Class( better stats as in my two player game he has won wpoty twice in a row so far) C Ron and co and then on my won player game i will do a start unemployed career game and work my way to the top of world football (usually have a career game everytime a new update comes out)

not forgetting Richards, Hart, Elano, Wright-Phillips... that's quite a fab team imo.

Gona be a hard season being a ManUtd Fan. which is the first club that I will (always) play as whenever a new FM comes out!

Michael Johnson too.

I might have a dabble with city at some point.

I have to be a team like Walsall, Norwich or Sunderland.

More of a challenge

Can't be doin with managing a top class team like Barca or Man Utd cuz it gets boring of winning all the time

when you score a goal with some1 like Norwich you jump up n down

But with man utd you think yeye expected that

I'll play as Aston Villa to test how their new look back four hold ups.

After that I'll try and play a career game in the A-League with Sydney FC just as I did in 07. Hopefully the league is improved and they incorporated the confirmed expansion for next season.

After that I find a young superstar at an obscure club and try and get as far as I can with that team before having to sell.

ill go liverpool for sure... so i can knock the mancs off their perch and also stop the other manchester team from doing anything before there money helps them to success ;)

then ill probably go lyon and maybe a LLM since i enjoyed my last game in league 2 :)

I cant wait to play as Bristol City, to try and win the premiership, which will be made even harder now more teams, such as Man City, has alot of cash and has brought in good players in the summer window. which could mean good players might be sold off cheaper :D

I'm going to manage Cheltenham Town, my local team and a team I support dearly. They're always a challenge to manage as they are always predicted for relegation in real life and just avoid it. So they'll probably be one of the favourits to get relegated from League 1, so its quite a challenge.

My aim is first to make them a stable mid-table team, and then push on and try to become the best club in the world. Hopefully...

Archived