to raise club from small country to europe elite, is it possible?

I raised the club in england premier league.from 3 league to premier league). My team grew all time, salary has risen from 40k $ a week to 1,8mln $ a week.

SO it is pretty easy and simply.

But it is possible in small leagues, say in poland, romania, switzerland there top clubs spending 100-200k $ a weak.

Logical thinking growing reputation of the league it should increase revenue(prize pool, sponsorship bonus, tv rights and so on)

say i took poland team legia, whick is spending 100k$ a weak and reached uefa champions leage stage all time.

so league reputation should grow and than it should increase revenue.

It's basically possible to make any team elite in FM, so long as you're not Queen's Park or another amateur club that will never become professional, no matter how successful you are. It's also worth noting that you'll need to put serious time in if you want take Tre Penne of the San Marinese league to the top of the European Club Football mountain, but it's not impossible.

Thanks.

i guess it is the only challange left in FM for me.

so i will try with poland(i am from poland) so it will be fun to raise this league to the top.

it will be fun to see legia, lech and other teams spending 1mln. a week for salary

last save i played with Palermo(itali) so in 4 season i made monster team.

defenders: umtiti, balanta, vranes, zouma, doria

midfielders:l.romereo, g.romero, hallilovicm fernando quintero,januzaj

strikers:zvitkovic, g.barbosa

so all players are young and all megastars, best players in game just in 4 seasons.

englans, italy, spain, germany leagues is just to easy.

too much money. in italy i got 65mln from tv rights, 40mln from sponsors, 40-50mln. from CL and so on. it is just too much easy. in engalnd even simplier

I also played russia league. but they have non russian players limit, so it is difficult to achieve something big

P.S. my english is SOLID :)

It's worth noting that if you want to take a league to the very top it may be required to manage more than one club in the league. The thing is, it requires more than just one team to do well in europe for a league to hit the very top. Sometimes by being successful with one team it raises the league enough and then they help themselves, but it is often easier if you boost a few teams, you do not necesserily have to manage them all at once, you could boost them serially.

I think dafuge has managed to make the Northern Irland league one of the best leagues in the world, constantly having 2-3 representatives in European competitions. They were all pretty competetive, one of the top clubs in Europe. If I remember correctly he prefered to sell his best players to league rivals rather than to likes of Barca/Real, can't remember exactly. If that was the case I wonder how did he work around reputation and ambition issues of the players. Nevertheless the story is still on this forum, search for threads started by dafuge and have a read. Cheers :)

For the better managers in the game out there, it is just as easy no matter what nation you manage in.

Indeed- I made Lanus from Argentina the top team in the world within 3 seasons and Grasshoppers and Midtylland are well on their way for that to happen in about 4.

I've always wanted to take a minor Scottish club from the bottom to the top, tried with Peterhead this year but just couldn't seem to crack it. After five successive years of mid-table obscurity in Scottish League One I gave up.

Indeed- I made Lanus from Argentina the top team in the world within 3 seasons and Grasshoppers and Midtylland are well on their way for that to happen in about 4.

And how much editing did you do along the way? Unless you mean top team as in the World Club Cup winners, rather than the number one ranked team in the World.

I did this with Aktobe in Kazakhstan and Lovcen in Montenegro on FM13. It's actually relatively "easy". The clue is to buy high-profile players who are either free agents or transferlisted and then sell them on when big clubs show interest. I had a few indispensable players that I wouldn't sell no matter what, but other than that, I actively tried selling my best players, and then reinvesting that money in either unknown talent found by my scouts or other transferlisted players. The most surprising part of it was that the revenue from TV matches increased significantly in Montenegro, to the point where a few of the other clubs became wealthy and signed players that would normally be out of their reach. Two of the best saves I've ever had.

And how much editing did you do along the way? Unless you mean top team as in the World Club Cup winners, rather than the number one ranked team in the World.

I dunno how to use the editor mate. If you' re asking about Lanus at the end of my 3 seasons where I won everything going - including the club world cup twice I was the top team in the world. I just found a very nice strikerless way to play which was (in the previous patch especially) very effective against the top teams.

Also, Lanus start with a camouflaged 20m budget - camouflaged as its initially all in the wage budget. Adjust it and you have 20m. The catch is that financially the club is in dire straits so if you decide to use all the budget (and I did more than that - I used instalments etc) you really HAVE to win trophies from the get go.

But I was wrong about Midtylland. I went back to the save yesterday after ages and im in the 3 season and nowhere near what I said. Though I did win the EURO, league and cup first season, league and cup and CL finalist in 2nd season and league, cup and semi finalist CL in the 3rd season.

Its doable mate - its even quite easy. If you know what you re doing it is. Im now at the stage of my FM career where I intentionally dont do stuff I know will certainly win me matches in the hope that, by using different ideas, I will stay interested in it.. In a previous FM I won the cup in Germany with Arminia from the 3rd division then next season I won the EURO from the 2nd division then the EURO supercup in the third!

I dunno how to use the editor mate. If you' re asking about Lanus at the end of my 3 seasons where I won everything going - including the club world cup twice I was the top team in the world. I just found a very nice strikerless way to play which was (in the previous patch especially) very effective against the top teams.

Also, Lanus start with a camouflaged 20m budget - camouflaged as its initially all in the wage budget. Adjust it and you have 20m. The catch is that financially the club is in dire straits so if you decide to use all the budget (and I did more than that - I used instalments etc) you really HAVE to win trophies from the get go.

But I was wrong about Midtylland. I went back to the save yesterday after ages and im in the 3 season and nowhere near what I said. Though I did win the EURO, league and cup first season, league and cup and CL finalist in 2nd season and league, cup and semi finalist CL in the 3rd season.

Its doable mate - its even quite easy. If you know what you re doing it is. Im now at the stage of my FM career where I intentionally dont do stuff I know will certainly win me matches in the hope that, by using different ideas, I will stay interested in it.. In a previous FM I won the cup in Germany with Arminia from the 3rd division then next season I won the EURO from the 2nd division then the EURO supercup in the third!

The Lanus one, fair enough, I've seen South American sides with big boosts in rep despite being unplayable. The European one was questionable, there is absolutely no way you could make it to the top of the World with a small European side in 4 seasons without considerable editing.

Nothing in FM is that hard on a long enough timeline, the hardest thing with a long-term save is often having the patience to keep going towards the end, not the actual difficulty.

you can't, game is racist* and even if you win CL after CL, all those top white* players from western EU(born there with primary country) won't sign for you, I think it's hardcoded*, so you have to deal that all western-EU players will reject contracts, so you just can't compete with those clubs for CL as you don't have enough quality players.

you can't, game is racist* and even if you win CL after CL, all those top white* players from western EU(born there with primary country) won't sign for you, I think it's hardcoded*, so you have to deal that all western-EU players will reject contracts, so you just can't compete with those clubs for CL as you don't have enough quality players.

What?

Anyway, it is 100% possible. I am trying to do in in Switzerland atm with a 5th tier team. But a good start would be Gibratar. If you start with Lincoln, who dominate the league it is possible as you will qualify for the champs league every season which enables you to boost rep plus get a fair bit of money as opposed to the Hungarian 10th tier or something where it'll take 10-15 seasons to even qualify for Europe which realises the big money alowing to to upgrade facilities, sign players etc. But with whoever you do it with, it is possible it just takes a while.

what, what, racist players won't come to eastern europe, topic starter asked about romania and poland

Lol. there is no racism in FM

Lol. there is no racism in FM

Exactly

what, what, racist players won't come to eastern europe, topic starter asked about romania and poland

Of course they will. If offered the right contract at a big enough club. To say FM is racist is nonsense.

The Lanus one, fair enough, I've seen South American sides with big boosts in rep despite being unplayable. The European one was questionable, there is absolutely no way you could make it to the top of the World with a small European side in 4 seasons without considerable editing.

Nothing in FM is that hard on a long enough timeline, the hardest thing with a long-term save is often having the patience to keep going towards the end, not the actual difficulty.

I agree with most of what you say mate. But I did it with Grasshoppers in FM 15- they re not even the 2nd better team in Swiss when they start. But in 4 seasons and a bit I made them bigger than anybody else in the world. No editing - as I say I wouldnt know how to do that (and even if I did where would the fun be in that?!).

And with other teams in previous versions.

In all honesty not many of you have actually answered the question. I OP asks if it is possible to raise the league rep so that it is the best in the world, not solely the level of the team that you are managing. IMO this is a hell of a long term save but one that would appeal if I had the time to commit to the game these days.

Leave racism out of this please. It has nothing to do with the game.

At the moment, players won't go there (or rather prefer the "bigger" leagues) because of reputation and the smaller leagues/clubs can't compete money-wise. In the long term, it's perfectly possible to slowly raise your club rep and slowly but surely possibly raise the league rep as well (provided the AI teams do their part) to allow you to attract better and better players. Don't think it'll happen overnight, but it's quite possible with Dynamic League Reputation.

Leave racism out of this please. It has nothing to do with the game.

At the moment, players won't go there (or rather prefer the "bigger" leagues) because of reputation and the smaller leagues/clubs can't compete money-wise. In the long term, it's perfectly possible to slowly raise your club rep and slowly but surely possibly raise the league rep as well (provided the AI teams do their part) to allow you to attract better and better players. Don't think it'll happen overnight, but it's quite possible with Dynamic League Reputation.

But is there dynamic prize and tv money for the lower rep leagues as well? Because without that i don't think it would be possible to compete.

There is but it's much slower acting & in the case of less populous nations it is unlikely that they would ever match the amounts received by the current major leagues because TV revenue is linked to the potential audience & if you're a small nation then as a consequence the potential audience is too small to command huge TV rights.

There is but it's much slower acting & in the case of less populous nations it is unlikely that they would ever match the amounts received by the current major leagues because TV revenue is linked to the potential audience & if you're a small nation then as a consequence the potential audience is too small to command huge TV rights.

So theoretically if you managed in russia you could make more even more money from tv rights? or is it sorted by more then just population?

QUESTION- What about a very small club from say Africa, in Liberia, or Asia, like Malaysia. Is it still possible, because I get the impression Europe always stays top and nations/continents never change significantly, even if you can make individual clubs from Europe big. Thanks! :)

QUESTION- What about a very small club from say Africa, in Liberia, or Asia, like Malaysia. Is it still possible, because I get the impression Europe always stays top and nations/continents never change significantly, even if you can make individual clubs from Europe big. Thanks! :)

It's possible if you have the time :) and the country's population and wealth would realistically support it, so Malaysia almost certainly yes, Liberia unlikely but even in Malaysia you might still be trying when FM18 is released :D

Archived