Importing my team into a new game

Greetings!

I asked this question in Technical Help forum, but received no answer, suggestion, or solution to it:

Since I downloaded many FM15 updates and features which take effect only after starting a new career game, and I wish to take a full advantage of those additions, I have to restart thje game.

However, since right now I have a very large team and staff, who I ALL bought/hired by myself, (initially I created a totally new team with zero assigned players and weakest staff), I definitely wish to avoid signing/hiring all my current players and staff one by one again in the new game, so I am looking for a way to somehow IMPORT my current team into the future new game, either before, or right after I start it.

Please tell me in which way is this possible?

I do possess all 3 FM15 Editors, so I hope there MUST be a way to do this by using one of them, but so far I couldn't find a solution, except searching/browsing for players and staff, and adding them one by one, which I wish to avoid, since it would take hours. (I signed round 70 players by now, plus all the staff) There simply has to be a faster, or even instant way for doing this!

So is there ANY possible way, with ANY of the FM Editors, to simply exőprt/import my current team into a new game? (either before, or after its actual start)

Greetings!

So is there ANY possible way, with ANY of the FM Editors, to simply exőprt/import my current team into a new game? (either before, or after its actual start)

No. Once the game's created, the team's irrevocably and permanently tied to the save/database. You could move individual players from team to team, and probably staff from team to team, but you can't drop a fully-formed team into an existing save.

• Administrators

Only way you could do it is basically recording every attribute of each player and creating a new editor file with that information. But there's not "simple" way of doing this really other than by hand for what it sounds like you want to do.

But can I ADD it into some database at least, so I can START a brand new game with the full team already?

And what is the use of import/export options present by my team's players in BraCa Soft's FMRTE 15? (so not in the "official" FM in game editor, I already know it is for Versus competition only)

EDIT:

Actually what I wish is to start a new FM15 career game, in order to enjoy all the additions and features I downloaded for it, (many more teams, leagues,, cups, etc, which are actually required by my perfectionism and sense of realism), but without having to search/browse for my current (over 70) players, signing them all to my team again, one by one.

Afraid you will be unable to use this team at games start.

You will have to sign all the players and staff all over again 1 by one.

Enjoy.

Well I really don't mean to be rude, but I cannot pretend being satisfied with this.

It DOES make me extremely disappointed, and deeply depressed, that in such a leading a football manager game, with THREE editors, (all of which I severally payed for), despite of all the possibilities they provide and allow, it is still impossible to perform such an actually very simple and even basic task!

PLUS it seems there are no ways to at least make that simple operation a bit easier/faster either!

Firstly, Football Manager only has ONE editor you pay for, so your point on that is completely invalid.

Secondly, take a second to actually think about what your are asking. Importing a team would mean, all of the players and staff not only being removed from their current clubs and adding to yours (say you bought 3 players from one team, what would happen to that team), all the players and staff originally in your team being moved out (so where would they go), all attribute, CA, reputation, favourites, personality changes being made. That's just off the top off my head. Im sure there are other things I can't think of, but it is no where near as simple as you are making out.

Just to clarify Spur's post there is only one official editor, all other editors are produced by third parties & using them is not supported by SI.

As for the OP importing teams from other save games is not possible for one key reason, FM is a sandbox experience with each game being its own world that has no direct connection to any other save game, you also have to ask what would happen to the players in regards to their contract at the start of the game?

If you bought Mario Götze for your team in save #1 what happens to him in game #2? You can't have two of the same player in the game world & it wouldn't be right to remove the Götze that is at Bayern. Also do you get the future version that you have from game #1 or an exact copy of the game start version?

Well I really don't mean to be rude, but I cannot pretend being satisfied with this.

It DOES make me extremely disappointed, and deeply depressed, that in such a leading a football manager game, with THREE editors, (all of which I severally payed for), despite of all the possibilities they provide and allow, it is still impossible to perform such an actually very simple and even basic task!

PLUS it seems there are no ways to at least make that simple operation a bit easier/faster either!

I'm sure you can probably edit them to start at your club. I don't know how the editor works though as I've never used it, so I wouldn't like to guess at how much of a labour intensive task it is. But as all others have said, each save is not connected to any other, therefore importing a team from one save to another is impossible.

This is not a "basic" task. The database on FM is dynamic (ie changes as the game progresses) so this would probably be quite a difficult thing to accomplish, bearing in mind the player and club histories being updated all the time. I'm no tech or programming expert, but I can tell you what you're asking is nowhere near as simple or basic a task as you think it is.

As 1st, I don't know about you people, but I DO have 3 FM editors, of which i DID pay for 2 severally, and got one as "included" when buying FM15, so actually I payed for all 3 of them.

Ok, the 3rd editor has different developers, meaning the BracaSoft one, but that doesn't change the fact that it is also a FM15 editor, and I did have to buy it too.

Secondary, your arguments about the problems "importing my team" could cause are valid, but as I heard, there is even a possibility for one to import his saved FM14 team into the game, so how come SI didn't make that possible for saved FM15 teams too?

Logic says, that when I would move a player into my own team in the editor, it woudl automatically remove him from his previous team, right?

All I should have to do is saving the changes to database, normally after I am done "gathering" my whole team, right?

And in order to avoid doing that one by one, a simple import/export or copy/paste fuction would save us all the troubles.

I really can't see what is so "unrealizable" in that......

First of all there is no requirement to buy any editors, there is a pre-game editor that is packaged with the game & there is also an official in-game editor which is an optional purchase through Steam, all other FM editors are unofficial & unsupported third party software releases.

Secondly I think you might be getting confused with the 'Export Team' feature hat was introduced on FM14. this allows you to compete against other FM players online with a team that you have developed in any of your save games, the feature has never extended to importing a team from one save game to another save game. If someone has told you something different they are either not being honest, are mistaken or have created some unsupported hack.

Exporting and importing a team from one save to another is possible from a purely technical stand-point, but to get it working properly, there would be so many roadblocks and rewrites necessary that it'll never be available in FM I imagine.

It might save other users "troubles", but it would cause a ridiculous number for SI themselves.

Forgive me Barside, what I know is that I ADDITIONALLY PAYED for 2 editors, the very same day, it was only one which was already included in the game, and which i could download for free.

You can explain me how much you want, that was HOW I HAD TO DO IT! (if I would bother enough, i could still show you the orders, which I still have preserved)

Anyway, there still IS a way to get almost the whole my team back right after the start, (except those randomly created ones I guess), meaning the "hard way", adding them one by one to my team, with the official ingame editor.

And I guess that is how I will do it, since it seems to be the only possibility.

All I have to do for that is making/creating some list of my current players and staff, so I will write their names out one by one if necessary. (unless I find some more "modern" solution for it)

Oh btw, since I decided to create the weakest possible club in lowest playable English division, (Vanarama Conference North/South), I signed the very most of my players from Free Transferso I won't cause much harm to other clubs by removing 1 or eventually 2 of their players either.

Thakns for your people's "help" anyway!

Caccio out!

For future reference unless the editor is bought through Steam it is likely to be an unofficial product, there is also no need to have an editor to make FM work, they are nothing more than optional tools to help with modifying the game experience. If you do want to edit an active save game then the only editor that you need to purchase is the official Sports Interactive release which is only sold as downloadable content in Steam.

I step away for a while & things nearly get out of hand.

There wasn't any need for your post Cougar & it did have a rather confrontational tone to it, the OP's issues had be identified, covered & suggestions made about the risk of purchasing 3rd party software.

Thread closed at the OP's request.

Archived