Help my day go quicker. FM 09 announcment are made tommorow and I can't wait!!!

So just a little over 24 hours to go and we will finally see what SI have in store for us with regards to FM09. Having read a few threads I have a decent understanding (at least I think I do) as to what the people want from the next installment of this wonderful game.

So from the following list please rate on a scale of 1 - 11 what you would like to see, 11 being the thing you would most like to see, 1 being the least. I would like to know what people want the most, is 3-D match days or could it be just as simple as ironing out the more noticeable bugs from FM08? You decide.....

1) Iron out bugs from FM 08

2) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

3) In depth Set Piece Designer

4) In depth Training Designer

5) More in depth media/player interaction

6) Improved scouting facilities

7) More leagues from around the world

8) Improvment on transfer system

9) In game graphics (the games skin)

10) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine.

11) Other

I am going to use works time to go away and decide myself, since my opinion changes all the time. I will let you know soon what I have decided.

I'd rate them in this order of importance (11 is the most important and 1 is the least)

11) Iron out bugs from FM 08

10) Other - Improved long-term game experience including better regens and Changing League Reps, Prize Money, TV Revenue

9) Improvment on transfer system

8) More in depth media/player interaction

7) In depth Training Designer

6) In depth Set Piece Designer

5) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine.

4) In game graphics (the games skin)

3) Improved scouting facilities

2) More leagues from around the world

1) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

My order would be. 1 being top , 11 least wanted.

2) Other (dramaticly reduce the effect team talks have on results) (make 424 AI tactic more vulnerable to counter attacks)

3) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine.

4) More in depth media/player interaction (improve it so you don't upset somone every time you use it.) (if you praise a player he gets upset ,if you don't praise him he gets upset)

5) Improvment on transfer system

7) In depth Set Piece Designer

8) In depth Training Designer

9) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

10) In game graphics (the games skin)

11) More leagues from around the world

for me, its in this order...

2) Improvment on transfer system

4) More in depth media/player interaction

5) More leagues from around the world

6) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine.

7) In depth Training Designer

8) In depth Set Piece Designer

10) Other

11) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

looking forward to tomorrow, thats for sure!! :thup:

11-iron out FM 08 bugs

10-Improvement on the transfer system

9-in deph training designer

8-keep 2-d pitch but improve match engine

7-other( better quality regens for longterm games, 4-2-4 more vunerable to the fast paced counter attack)

6-more in dept player/media interaction

5-in depth set piece designer

4-improved scouting faciliteis

3-in game graphics

2-more leagues from around the world

1-Everyone saying NO! to the 3d match engine! just NO! (dont let it be 3D :( )

11 most wanted

1 least wanted

So just a little over 24 hours to go and we will finally see what SI have in store for us with regards to FM09. Having read a few threads I have a decent understanding (at least I think I do) as to what the people want from the next installment of this wonderful game.

So from the following list please rate on a scale of 1 - 11 what you would like to see, 11 being the thing you would most like to see, 1 being the least. I would like to know what people want the most, is 3-D match days or could it be just as simple as ironing out the more noticeable bugs from FM08? You decide.....

11) Other

I am going to use works time to go away and decide myself, since my opinion changes all the time. I will let you know soon what I have decided.

1. Hope that this version has less bugs than FM2008. It's a forgone conclusion that this version will have bugs and anyone who thinks it wont is just being ignorant because there is no such thing as a 100% bug free piece of software but hopefully these will only be minor compaired to the last game.

2. Not too bothered if the game has 3D or not tbh.

3. Not sure about this.

4. I'd like to see this :thup:

5. Definitely especially if it means you can encourage\insist that non eu players take dual nationality as soon as possible. No more of this 'considering citizenship' nonsense.

6. Agreed.

7. Yes definitely.

The rest of the options don't really bother me either way.

1. Hope that this version has less bugs than FM2008. It's a forgone conclusion that this version will have bugs and anyone who thinks it wont is just being ignorant because there is no such thing as a 100% bug free piece of software but hopefully these will only be minor compaired to the last game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the various threads I have read on these forums, I think what people would like to see is that the previous mistakes and bugs are sorted. Everybody knows its impossible to write a bug free game, but it is not impossible to eradicate known bugs. I think alot of people would be p****d off if the corner bug still exsits in FM09.

Great idea!

Edit: Oops my list is the other way around. 1 is highest value and 11 is least...

1) More in-depth tactics - Tactics are the base of a manager game. Gimme more!

2) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine. - Needs abit of tuning to make it fully realistic.

3) More in depth media/player interaction - You feel pretty solitary and isolated when playing.

4) Improvment on transfer system - Could do with more realism regarding who you can and cannot get. Negotiating is almost non-exsisting.

5) In depth Training Designer - Let us see some training visually so we can get an idea on what the player might be able to do on the pitch.

6) In game graphics (the games skin) - Current look is getting old. A new and prettied-up design would do wonders.

7) Iron out bugs from FM 08 - I don't think that there are too many. Most of them are touched in the other points.

8) Improved scouting facilities - Should be higher on the list. Scouting is a bit incomplete and the scouting itself is very shallow. Don't tell me that Kuyt and Agbonlahor are very similar players -_-

9) In depth Set Piece Designer - Could be neat. Not a high priority for me. Off course some extra settings and more control are welcome.

10) More leagues from around the world - There's plenty for me!

11) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience - Not untill it can be made down to perfection.

... At least it took 5 min of my day... 5 Min less untill the announcment!

1. Fix all problems from FM08 and not just bugs.

2. Improve and develop far far more interaction.

Not really bothered by anything else. Don't want 3D, will be happy with same leagues as last year additions will be welcomed but don't really care, couldn't care less about the skin because there will be 100s available after a couple of months. I think the likes of the transfer system, bugs, scouting etc falls under fix all problems not jsut bugs.

1) Iron out bugs from FM 08 - The game cant really progress if it hasnt sorted out the confidence and the corner bugs. It imperative they sort this out.

5) More in depth media/player interaction - I hate how repetitive comments are..there needs to be loads and loads more variety.

11) Other - Board confidence needs serious mending and Tactics needs a slight re-model IMO (but 1,5 and board confidence fixing and transfer system are more important then this). Also, Facegen needs a little fixing, because names and skin colour doesnt match. (I have african and asian newgens who are white!)

8) Improvment on transfer system - Needs fixing and tweaked to become much more realistic.

10) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine - It wouldnt be FM anymore if 3D was put in, would it? And anyway the current match engine needs to be tweaked and changed until it is almost perfect until we can think of 3D.

6) Improved scouting facilities - Im not sure what you mean by scouting facilities, but i think scouts should be giving you more information about players and how they would fit into your own formation, squad and tactics.

4) In depth Training Designer - I think training needs to be slightly more complex than a few sliders...but if SI make it too complicated and in depth it will become far too time consuming and tiring.

9) In game graphics (the games skin) - I think there was a big over-reaction to the new skin, because i dont think its that bad. I think the skin is fine, but i would like the cup draws to have a more exciting feel to it and by that i mean a different background and possibly different graphics.

7) More leagues from around the world - The only league i'd like to see being added is the teir below the conference north & south. But then the quality of players would be poor and many would only have 1 for quite a few attributes. However, i think many fans would like some more leagues, but i am not one of them - the above points needs seeing to by SI IMO before leagues are added.

2) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience - Here we go again. I wouldnt like to see 3D until the 2d engine is very good and SI can produce a convincing 3d pitch. It shouldnt be added for 09, on the basis that there is alot of work to be done on the current engine, looking at 08's.

3) In depth Set Piece Designer - I'm not sure how this would be, but i fear if this was implemented, it would be to specific. In that, if you wanted your team to take freekicks in a unique way, they would always do it this way and never take a normal shot on goal. As i said, im not to sure how this would be, but i think set peices are fine as they are ATM. Although i really want my pre-assigned freekick takers to stop laying the ball off to my defenders, who have pitiful finishing, long range and freekick attributes. The way it was in FM 07 was fine!

Sorry for the long read.

10) Other - better regens, better/worse reps after success/failure. Players that go out on loan to feeder clubs improve more than those who sit in reserves.

9) More in depth media/player interaction

8) Improvement on Transfer System

7) In depth Training Designer - Something a bit like the old one, where you had different schedules such as 5 a Side, weight training, cross country. Just more updated. Maybe even link it into your next game so that you are training in preperation for team x.

6) Keep 2-D pitches with improved match engine.

5) Improve scouting -

3) In depth set piece designer - not a big fan of this idea myself. But maybe a few more options on the current way. A shoot if possible button would be really nice.

2) More leagues from around the world - there is plenty already with all the major leagues there IMO

1) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience - No and its not because it would be bugged or because it will look tacy or it will turn into FIFA. For me the simple reason is if it is 3-D then you can only look at a certain aspect of the pitch at one time, therefore how do you know if your player are making the right runs off the ball. If your defence is holding its line together or has your full back dropped a little to deep. I like to be able to see what all my players are doing and track there movement at all time and I don't think its possible with 3-D. I'm no computer genius and I maybe completly wrong, but I just could not see how it could be done.

i cant believe people actually want a 3d match engine! tbh if 09 had a 3d engine (highly doubt it btw) \nd the option to go back to 2d was there, i wouldnt hesitate. 3d would not be used.

its just not fm unless its 2d and loadsa dots running about :D

I'm not for 3D atm, but we were all saying the same about those dreaded dots and we would just be using commentary like the old games :D

I can't believe no one wants a 3D match engine. It's pretty much inevitable in the future so I think you should start getting used to the idea.

Going a bit thin on top and your belly getting bigger is pretty much inevitable, doesn't mean I want to get used to the idea or like it.

2) In depth Set Piece Designer

10) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

11) Other

I can't believe no one wants a 3D match engine. It's pretty much inevitable in the future so I think you should start getting used to the idea.

I want a 3d match engine, when it can be done properly. The fact is, the technology does not exist and SI do not have the resources to do this as realistically as the 2D engine, so it's a non-starter.

It's not opposition to change, it's opposition to buggy software. Think of all the complaits we already get from the "simple" 2D experience. :D

ahhh yeah thats true.but the dots make fm what it is these days! just say NO to 3D

Yes say no to 3D, but I would like to see some better display of ball height that it is in the current engine.

Perhaps some sort of an isometric view

My order, from highest priority to lowest:

1) Improvement on transfer system

2) Iron out bugs from fm08

3) More in depth media / player interaction

4) Keep 2D pitches but improve ME

5) Improved scouting facilities

6) In game graphics

7) In depth training designer

8) More leagues from around the world

9) In depth set-piece designer

10) Other

11) Introduce 3D match day experience

Excellent thread :thup:

6) Other - Improve finances, Confidence...

7) More in depth media/player interaction

8) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine.

10) More leagues from around the world

542343524523452) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

Well thanks for all the posts. I have just got home from work and it certainly did help speed the day up. Just under 24 hours to go (although I think the announcments will be made quite late on in the day to avoid loads of people viewing the website at the same time). This is probably one of the most anticipated FM ever, judging by how early FM 09 talks started this year and I for one can't wait.

Feel free to carry on the discussion about what you would most like to see over other things. It will probably help me get through tomorrow as well, which will no doubt be twice as long as today.

Cheers.

Well thanks for all the posts. I have just got home from work and it certainly did help speed the day up. Just under 24 hours to go (although I think the announcments will be made quite late on in the day to avoid loads of people viewing the website at the same time).

I think your probably right when you suggest that there will be lots of people wanting to view the website at the same time. With this in mind I was planning to wait until maybe 8 or 9pm or even Thursday morning before viewing the site. I'm very patient!

3) More leagues from around the world - please SI, more American leagues like USL, PDL and the CSL:)

4) More in depth media/player interaction

7) in depth training designer

8) in depth set piece designer

10) Other

542343524523452546644612487945132154512) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

10) More in depth media/player interaction

9) Improvment on transfer system

8) Improved scouting facilities

7) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

6) In depth Training Designer

5) More leagues from around the world

2) Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine.

1) Other

I'd love a "shout" button in the match screen. Sometimes I just want to yell at my players, possibly insulting them. It would be great if we could use the "shout" button from time to time, just to calm down on our nerves (and maybe encouraging the players - or not).

I kind of like that idea, reminds me of the "rally" button in the Total War games. It should have an immediate, temporary effect on the players, boosting (or, due to certain specific circumstances with specific players, decrease) morale and performance. Use it at a key point in the match, and it could just swing the game.

Perhaps if you realise you might've given a rubbishy teamtalk, you could use it to will the players on and get things back on track. Perhaps the option for a positive shout or a negative shout. Could only be used 2 or 3 times in the match perhaps?

11) Other

Something that I've always HOPED to see more of is - manager's "life" .. every time they offer me a new deal I dont care about how much they pay me because I cant do anything with the money for example. I would love if they can enhance the manager as a person.. for example allow him to hold press conferences whenever he chooses, more detailed interviews, allow him to maybe invest his money in the club or maybe even other clubs (i know that will make it very complicated sort of like fifa manager, but it`ll be fun) .. what do you guys think? Would you like your manager character to be a bit more interactive :) ? ?

its just a suggestion after all.

Also I would love to see improved relations between board and manager.. and the ability for a manager to be elected into the board and be allowed to make some decisions and vote on lets say the thing that irritates me the most when the board desides to sell the player behind my back :)

2)Keep 2-D pitches but improve match engine (ie revert to 07!)

4) Other (remove some news items, improve regens)

5) Improved scouting facilities (though this is great already, I don't think any of the other things would be paticuarly good).

6) More in depth media/player interaction

7) Improvment on transfer system

8) In depth Training Designer

10) More leagues from around the world

11) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience

In that order.

11) Other

Other

Other

Other

Other

... :D

2) Introduce 3-D Match Day Experience (I like 2D)

I'd love a "shout" button in the match screen. Sometimes I just want to yell at my players, possibly insulting them. It would be great if we could use the "shout" button from time to time, just to calm down on our nerves (and maybe encouraging the players - or not).

I actually really like this idea, one of the best I've heard I reckon. Not only would it be a good way of venting anger at the players rather than shouting at a screen, but it could serve a purpose as a mid-match team talk, which does happen irl. Would be nice to see team talks available to subs during the match as well. :thup:

Something that I've always HOPED to see more of is - manager's "life" .. every time they offer me a new deal I dont care about how much they pay me because I cant do anything with the money for example. I would love if they can enhance the manager as a person.. for example allow him to hold press conferences whenever he chooses, more detailed interviews, allow him to maybe invest his money in the club or maybe even other clubs (i know that will make it very complicated sort of like fifa manager, but it`ll be fun) .. what do you guys think? Would you like your manager character to be a bit more interactive :) ? ?

I don't know about going around spending your managers wages. It would end up turning into The Sims. I would rather your wages represented a level of success. So if you earn £250 - £500 p/w you are unproven, £501 -£1000 p/w you are obscure, £1001 - £5000 p/w you are good. Etc. This could be done using manager names, for example if you earn £150,000 + you are considered to be Alex Fergerson/Brian Clough/Shankley, between £120,000 and £149,000 you are considered to be an Arsene Wenger/Jose Mourinho/Lippe. It could also maybe be linked in to your personality in the game. If you earn £150,000 p/w and are considered to be a fiery/hardline manager you would be considered to be an Alex Fergerson. Maybe even then link it into the Hall Of Fame, sort of extra points for earning x amount of money.

Those are my thoughts, I think this way it gives you something to work towards when you are negotiating a contract. You know if your only £15,000 of becoming a legendary manager you will fight hard to ensure you get the contract you deserve.

Another idea just popped in my head. If you are negotiating a contract and the board has specific wage structure to adhere to then maybe you will not get the contract you want, therefore if you are the type that loves personal sucsess then you will probably have to leave the club you love to get the contract you want. I don't know about anybody else but I think its actually quite a good idea and am feeling quite chuffed with myself.

Archived