Mirror Patches

Are there any sites that provide me the 8.0.2. patch without having to bloody download other stuff like winrar ot bittorrent or stuff like that. Why couldn't they do it like they used to. Straight download to desktop, upload it when downloaded and your updated. So has someone got a 802 link that doesnt involve bit torrent or winRar. thanks.

Are there any sites that provide me the 8.0.2. patch without having to bloody download other stuff like winrar ot bittorrent or stuff like that. Why couldn't they do it like they used to. Straight download to desktop, upload it when downloaded and your updated. So has someone got a 802 link that doesnt involve bit torrent or winRar. thanks.

Has to be compressed because it's so big - not everyone has broadband

WinRar is used as it would take forever to download if it was not compressed. WinRar is used to extract it. There are mirror downloads without using bittorrent but they need to be extracted using WinRar or another program like that.

If you ever want a patch for FM09 it would most likely be distributed the same way.

Yup he's going to have to get winrar or something simmilar if he wants any of the patches that will be available for fm2009.

He really should have it anyway as nearly everything that can be downloaded normally comes as a rar or zip file especially game demo's and patches.

.... and then moan again when the first FM09 patch is released ;)

I never moaned about how good.....forget it, people always make assumptions. Thanks for the guys that have reassured me about winRar - just didnt seem very safe for me but it seems it is. At least you are helping me out rather than this guy just thinking im moaning.

What's wrong with Winrar?

People just have to adjust. Enough whining about archived files... It's easier to bundle files and it compresses the filesize noteably. Winrar will not harm your computer, take up disc-space or use up memory.

It is only one file so it does not really matter does it?

no i know its only that file but ive gotten into the habbit of extracting like that as i use this all the time and just make things neater for myself.

but imagine extract here with a compressed file with a lot of files to be extracted not in sub-folders. its the reason i extract like i do.

no i know its only that file but ive gotten into the habbit of extracting like that as i use this all the time and just make things neater for myself.

but imagine extract here with a compressed file with a lot of files to be extracted not in sub-folders. its the reason i extract like i do.

Yeah you're right. I do what you do but if I know for certain there will be one file then I will just extract here. It doesn't matter anyway as it will obviously work either way. It is just personal preference.

Archived