Set Pieces

I always like my teams to make the best of set pieces and use this in my board negotiations yet they never seem to score many from them resulting in me not getting a 'high score' from the board in this department, which leads to me taking it out of the board negotiations. Even though I can be top of the league for corners it still doesn't satisfy the board.

280juhe.png

2qvy5go.jpg

3013iuf.jpg

I train my players to practice 'attacking set pieces' but to no avail.

Here are my general set ups

2n174le.png

29din9d.png

307qeed.png

I also notice that other teams are not proficient in this too as when I analyse the corner scoring table I am top on 2 goals along with other teams. This is after 10 games.

On attacking free kicks I instruct my player to 'aim for best header' but finds that he generally shoots with the shot going way over the bar and he ignores my instruction.

Can anyone offer some assistance to make me a force to be reckoned in dead ball situations.

I think your set up is pretty ok. For corner, maybe you like to have a player with good long shot to be lurking outside the pk box. For free kick, maybe just use 1 man to disrupt the wall.

If you have players with long throw with 14 and above, make them learn possess flat bullet throw. Then you will be able to use long throws to create scoring chances.

I think your set up is pretty ok. For corner, maybe you like to have a player with good long shot to be lurking outside the pk box. For free kick, maybe just use 1 man to disrupt the wall.

If you have players with long throw with 14 and above, make them learn possess flat bullet throw. Then you will be able to use long throws to create scoring chances.

That's what I thought - I generally put a good long shot player or a player with a PPM of shoots with power as lurking out the area. I get your point about disrupting the wall.

This though doesn't explain why on an ok set up the goals don't go in or my free kick taker ignores my instructions and just shoots at goal.

If the freekick is in shooting range position, I don't think you can do much about the player taking a direct shot.

Is Marinkovic in your 1st starting XI? Beside him, the rest of your players seem to have only average set piece attributes.

Archived