Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 is out now for high-end iOS (link) and Android (link) tablets!

Announcement thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424513-Football-Manager-Classic-2015-is-coming-to-high-end-tablets

Announcement video: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152793523097616

Please keep all your feedback in this thread, and as always please keep it constructive.

If you have any issues, please report them on our Bugs Forum which can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/473-FMC-Tablet-Issues

Thanks, and enjoy!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Only highlight modes and commentary are currently possible (Text, 2D Classic, 2D and 3D)

Very surprised and interested to see the news of this release. Don't have a tablet up to the job of running it but would consider buying one. I already have FMC on PS Vita. Does the new tablet version "save" the game before and after every match (which slows down the gameplay), or does it run a bit quicker?

Very surprised and interested to see the news of this release. Don't have a tablet up to the job of running it but would consider buying one. I already have FMC on PS Vita. Does the new tablet version "save" the game before and after every match (which slows down the gameplay), or does it run a bit quicker?

Yes it does do those saves - it's a technical necessity. The save time is much faster than it was on Vita though.

For some reason or other, I like playing FM on a portable device. I like the idea of just having my iPad handy and not necessarily gluing myself to the game for hours on end.

So I've bought a copy of FMC on my iPad air. I was as excited as anybody to see the news though I'm feeling a bit if an anticlimax.

A few initial thoughts...

The database might be larger overall, but somehow, I quite like the way a multiple league setup on FMH tends to retain top division players in the selectable leagues. In FMC, you are limited to a selection of 3 leagues, meaning you can't have populated teams in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Holland at the same time.

The in-game editor in FMH was brilliant to sort out data issues like late/missing transfers or positional errors. There is no editor for FMC.

Attribute masking shouldn't be an in-app purchase on FMC, and when activated, performs stupidly. In contrast, the FMH attribute masking is pretty spot on.

I just don't think FMC suits being played on a tablet. The user interface needs to be redesigned to suit to target device. It is a bit sluggish and the clickable areas (names and icons) should be larger as is the case with FMH. It's just not designed to be a touch screen experience despite touch gestures being enabled.

Multitasking... I am sure most here would realise that it is possible to leave FMH, load up a web browser or your emails and return to the game at the screen you left off. Sometimes the app refreshes, but even that isn't too bad with auto saving and a quick intro sequence. FMC has that ridiculously long intro sequence like on the PC version. It refreshes every time you leave the app though it does offer to load a temporary save at least.

• Administrators

Serbia league is manageable yes. National management is too but is an unlockable like on PC.

I notice how with some of the in game purchases it says for example, will be unlocked automatically after 10 seasons.

Is there anyway to turn these off, they could detract from the realism.

coxy100- can play with national football teams?

Don't think so - isn't it an unlockable on FMC?

How well does the game run on your tablets? A bit surprised this wasn't brought out when the new game comes out.

Runs fantastic on my iPad Air - loving it!

Using instant results but selecting my own team and when the result comes up I have different players showing than the team I picked. It's happened every game so far and some of them are not in the correct position.

Any ideas?

Sorry this is on an iPad air

Game is great so far and just what I was looking for but need to sort this issue out.

I am playing this on a ipad mini 3 and it is very good indeed, once you get use to the size of everything.

It is the same as the Classic game on the PC which I have started playing more and more recently.

I am running just the english leagues down to Vanarama North/South and it gave me two stars on the speed. But it is running fine.

Tactics are easy to sort I just put up my favourite tactic on the pc and copied it over to the ipad manually.

So at the moment all in all I am very happy. It would be good if you could play the same save on the PC & ipad but that would restrict the game on the PC. For example my PC classic game is running 5 leagues which I could not do on the ipad.

• SI Staff
Using instant results but selecting my own team and when the result comes up I have different players showing than the team I picked. It's happened every game so far and some of them are not in the correct position.

Any ideas?

Sorry this is on an iPad air

Game is great so far and just what I was looking for but need to sort this issue out.

Hi badger100,

Instant result (the bottom option where your assistant will take control of all aspects of the match) won't take into account your team selection and uses the quicker match engine.

If you want to take into account your team selections (and match plans), use the simulate match option.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Thanks Daniel, I will give it a try.

Great work by the way as I have played since the old Atari and Amiga days bought every version but Not enough time for the full fat version and this makes perfect sense for me as I have been using FMC for a while now.

I am really disappointed it has carried over the save what feels like every 20 seconds from the VITA version, what eventually put me off.

It does run alot smoother and quicker overall though, I will give this a proper run later on tonight, I only briefly played it this morning.

• SI Staff
Can you tell us which unlockables are permanent and which ones are one save only?

Also, on iPad Mini 2 when I try to add a Profile Picture, no options come up to find a picture?

Very cool, I didn't expect this until at least 16/17 :) :) :)

Hi AndrewDriverNo1,

When looking in the Store it will mention in the description whether it is for new games / single use per purchase etc.

For profile pictures - details can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424579-iOS-FAQ?p=10269403&viewfull=1#post10269403

Thanks,

Dan

????????

I notice how with some of the in game purchases it says for example, will be unlocked automatically after 10 seasons.

Is there anyway to turn these off, they could detract from the realism.

Archived