Football Manager Classic 2015 for Android/iOS OUT NOW!

• Administrators

A whole new dimension of football management is out now on high-end tablets!

We’re incredibly excited to reveal that Football Manager Classic 2015, is available now on high-end iOS (link) and Android (link) tablet devices, giving FM fans the most authentic management simulation on the go, ever!

FMC was first introduced as a standalone game mode in FM13, and if you’re yet to try it out, it allows players to simplify the way you manage by focusing on the essentials of taking your team to the top. This means you can still enjoy the 3D match engine, plus full a FM database of players, but in a less time-consuming way.

Now the FMC experience has arrived on high-end tablets for the very first time, which lets you take control of any real-world club (from a selection of 117 leagues from 51 nations) and lead them to glory!

Fancy a taster? Check out the latest screenshots and video on our Facebook page (link)!

So what features do you get in FMC15?

• An Immersive Match Day Experience – including 3D match engine

For the first time on tablet you can watch the action unfold through the 3D match engine, choosing from a wide variety of camera angles. Plus, you can benefit from a stream of detailed in-game stats and reports, advice from your Assistant and additional score updates from the rest of the league.

• An Intuitive, Touchscreen-optimised Menu System

Everything you need to control every aspect of your club is literally available at your fingertips.

• Global Player Scouting

Oversee a comprehensive scouting network to help you unearth the next superstar from a database of more than 150,000 players across the world. Recruit your scouts based on their knowledge of leagues and regions and get in-depth scout reports alongside clear search options and results.

• Player, Staff and Media Interaction

Want to put your point across to the press, lay down the law to your players or demand more from the board? It’s all here.

• Comprehensive Player and Team Training

Take full control over the development of your squad and their day-to-day training; set a general team focus, outline specific routines for individual players or even schedule rest days. Or, if you want to keep your mind on match days, you can delegate all of this to your Assistant.

• A Flexible Management Structure

You decide how much control you have over day-to-day club management. Either delegate tasks to your Assistant Manager or immerse yourself in every aspect of the club. You can even choose to hire a Director of Football to deal with transfers or a Head of Youth Development to look after young talent.

• An Accelerated Gameplay Option

With Football Manager Classic 2015 you can choose the ‘instant result’ option to skip straight to the end of a match and thereby accelerate your progress. Should you choose this option, match plans allow you to decide upon a strategy for your team to follow whatever situation may arise during the game.

• Challenge Mode

Test your management skills with a range of short-term challenges. Can you win a trophy with a team consisting almost entirely of kids, or could you guide your club to safety despite being bottom of the table after half a season?

• Plus Much, Much More…

Football Manager Classic 2015 also includes a wealth of other options, including, deep post-match analysis and a variety of in-game unlockables for those managers who want to accelerate their progress.

Want some more details?

• How does Football Manager Classic 2015 compare to Football Manager Handheld 2015?

• Which devices can I play Football Manager Classic 2015 on?

Welcome to the future of FM!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tablet isn't up to running this, but I have been looking for an excuse to give my wife a "surprise gift" of my old tablet, whilst I get something new :D

Time to do some shopping research. This is a great announcement, especially for someone who trundles to and from work on the train every day.

£14.99 for all versions - or local equivalent price.

Well if i'm going to spend another £15 on the same game i currently play then i'll certainly be missing FM16.

Also noticed Miles tweet this morning about FM value for money - he's just buttering people up to pay another £15 for FM again.

Well if i'm going to spend another £15 on the same game i currently play then i'll certainly be missing FM16.

Also noticed Miles tweet this morning about FM value for money - he's just buttering people up to pay another £15 for FM again.

Stop being a mean cynic :D , I'm sure that the target customers are those who have drifted away from PC/Mac gaming to tablet based gaming & want a more in-depth experience than is offered by FMH.

That's one way to look at it. Another way is that I paid what, £30?, for FM15, and have played nearly 700 hours, which is about 4p per hour. Even if I top my spend up to £45, it'll be about 6p until I continue playing some more. It's not a bad return.

Really should have kept this for '16... the season is nearly over! And there's not a chance I'm paying £14.99 for this when I've already paid for FMH15 on my iPad & FM15 on PC.

Seriously? 5 months after 2015 there's another most authentic football simulation? This should be a free upgrade to 2015 or at least a hefty price cut for existing 2015 owners.

This is not cool on a number of levels, I'm quite annoyed.

• Administrators
Seriously? 5 months after 2015 there's another most authentic football simulation? This should be a free upgrade to 2015 or at least a hefty price cut for existing 2015 owners.

This is not cool on a number of levels, I'm quite annoyed.

It's a game for people on a separate platform. It's not an upgrade, it's a separate game on tablet.

The way I looked at this is that SI now produce 3 version of an FM based game at 3 different price points on 3 different platforms of varying capabilities & cost.

As a customer I have now have more choice. I have a gaming PC so I will always have the PC version, I also have a tablet, an iphone & a Vita but I do not feel the need to buy an FM product on any of those platforms so I'm not losing anything.

If I didn't have a gaming PC or any PC/Mac system that is capable of running FM I could still get my FM fix if I have any of the other mobile devices, this was not a choice available to me as recently as a years ago. No PC or laptop then tough, my only choice was FMH, this can only be good news for consumer choice.

You mean like the tablet I bought a few months ago to play football manager on?
If you have full FM running on a tablet I'm not sure why this announcement would disappoint you, if anything it means that come FM16 you will could have the option to buy the PC versions & continue to run it on your tablet (if it can handle it) or the official tablet version, surely a win/win for you?

• Administrators
You mean like the tablet I bought a few months ago to play football manager on?

Again, what you bought is a different game. Whether it was FMH for a tablet or FM for a PC Windows 8 Tablet, they are separate games.

• Administrators
Any chance of the Ipad 3 or 4 being supported in future for FMC 15? and come midnight can I try it anyway on ipad 3 or will it probably just not install? cheers.

Not powerful enough to be supported I'm afraid.

Again, what you bought is a different game. Whether it was FMH for a tablet or FM for a PC Windows 8 Tablet, they are separate games.

Regardless, it's frustrating. I own both FMH15 and FM15 already... I play primarily on an iPad Air 2 and bought FMH15 in November on the basis that it was the tablet version of FM15.

I know they are seperate games. My point is that I would be far more likely to purchase this and not be annoyed if it wasn't released just 5 months after the last most authentic football simulation which I recently purchased for my tablet.

If I'd known this was coming I wouldn't have bought FMH 2015 and waited

Fantastic announcment! Im so excited for getting it ! :-)

I have a few questation, mayby you can help me...?

- Will it have some kind of multiplayer function (or mayby in future?) ?

- Will it be able to play cross platform?

- Will there be any in-game editor?

So nice surprice today. Cant wait for tonight

• Administrators
Regardless, it's frustrating. I own both FMH15 and FM15 already... I play primarily on an iPad Air 2 and bought FMH15 in November on the basis that it was the tablet version of FM15.
I understand that. They are both different games with different experiences, regardless of a more powerful version coming out later that you haven't tried yet. For some, they may prefer the experience that FMH offers them over FMC, and vice versa.

• Administrators
One question:

Will we have some sort of external editor so that we could add leagues ourselves or...?

There is no editor for FMC, Tablet or PC versions of FMC.

Fantastic - can't wait to buy this.

The only way (for me) this could be improved is if we could install player's faces somehow - and also some sort of editor. I always change player's injury proneness for example in the full game, would love to do this on classic.

I don't mind the price - it's a full 'PC' experience on tablet, so all good :)

I just opened a new thread, didn't see this one

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424539-My-thoughts-on-FM-(classic)

This might be a long thread but I just wanted to give my thoughts on Football manager in light of the latest news about FM Classic on Ipad

I have been playing Championship manager which then became football manager since early 1992. I believe i played the first ever game and ive had every yearly version since to this present day.

As recent years have come and as I get older and start a family I found that I dont have the time for football manager full game anymore. But then 3 or so years ago out comes FM for the ipad and its perfect.

I find I can play the game on my ipad at work in quiet times or on breaks or on long journeys. It works really well. I dont get bogged down with training etc and i can just

1) buy and sell players

2) pick my team

3) pick my tactics

3) pick my set peace takers

and bang - im away. I love it. Its perfect. Gone are the days where i have the time to spend 3 weeks on one season.

Ive also spoke to allot of my friends who used to play football manager and we all feel the same. Because of games like fifa (and its seasons mode) the market for a long long game of Football manager on PC is gone for most people.

Wheras it seems now days that football manager is perfect for tablets. Its the reason I bought a brand new Ipad when my last one broke as I love the ease of which it works so well and quickly on the ipad. I can do a whole season in 1 day - a long day mind.

SO onto my current point!

I must have done about 10 seasons on 4/5 different occassions on the latest football manager. Aswell as the customary "start again 100 times"

Im a little dissapointed to here that football manager classic is coming out in April and it raises me a few questions and points...

1) £14.99 for a game that is coming out with 6 games to go of the season, who is the market? The only market for people buyers is football manager fans and every single one of us will have football manager handheld already! This new "classic" wont attract one NEW fan it will only be for fans who will already have the fm handheld. So is it fair to charge us £14.99 for an "upgrade to a game we already have"

2) FM handheld is perfect for tablet as it strips away the stuff that 90% of people dont have time for anymore, so why bring out a game that basically goes again what everyone loves about the fm handheld

3) The timing - if this game had come in august and there was 2 versions available - a stripped one we are used to or the long version the pc users are used to then you are giving customers a choice of which one they want. To bring this out now stinks of greed. As i said - it wont attact one customer who doesnt already own handheld

4) What are we getting for this £14.99? are we getting a new database, Are we getting different ratings? is this game to work alongtime our current game?

I just think this has been handled wrong with the timing of this. Of course the obvious answer is "no one is forcing me to buy it" but as a fan of the series and a supported of the franchise - i want to make sure i have the best gaming experience - and if there is something new here or something to improve my game then i want it - but £14.99 stinks of greed !

Ive got allot more on this to say but im sure ive bored enough of you by now!

• Administrators
It says coming soon to Nvidia shield tablet, have you's got an estimated timeframe on when that could be? surely with the being the most powerful gaming tablet it should have been available on launch, no?

It's being worked on and will be available soon, but can't give an exact timeframe I'm afraid.

• Administrators
lol

when are you going to realise we've been requesting an FMC editor for 3 years, it's the most requested FMC feature, and actually make one?

It was never going to be possible to release a radical new feature in an update release for PC, and Tablet is PC's FMC on Tablet, so there is your answer. Please don't ask me "when am I going to realize" - I am very well aware, thank you.

The place to discuss editor for FMC is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/403202-Why-do-you-want-to-use-an-FMC-editor

Maybe one day it will be possible, it hasn't been ruled out at all for the future.

Archived