Were attributes higher in 8.0.1?

Hi,

I've just updated my DB after the transfer window and have started a new game with 8.0.2 for the first time.

i notice players' stats are lower to start - is this just my new game randomly deciding this or did 8.0.2 make players start with lower than normal stats because they needed to undergo pre-season training or something?

would be interested to know!!

thanks,

neil

i'm gonna try another new game. it's happened before for some reason some new games (after an edit of data) can throw up some changed stats.

this one, i've got almost EVERYONE -1 on pace and acceleration, a couple -2 on off the ball etc....

i just wonder if it's a "fix" to make players rusty/slow in pre-season? but then it shouldnt have that effect on scandinavians and south americans etc who play through the summer.

it's as if new games can alter stats sometimes. very wierd.

not half as wierd, though, as 71 people currently being on this forum at 04.17 in the morning:)

....anyone would think FM is addictive or something....

no, these are stats that are set.

edgar manucharyan. an absolute find except now his stats are lower in my new game.

dribbling-finishing-first touch-technique according to my editor are set at 15-12-15-16.

my previous game (8.0.1) these were 17-14-17-19

new game (8.0.2) they are now 14-11-14-15

where before they were bumped up, now they are decreased....

ok, just to be certain i started ANOTHER game now i've got 17-13-17-17

so there you have it, random changing of stats by FM.

i've also checked, and ALL physical stats like pace/acceleration are down on previous 8.0.1 games.

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm about 4 hours behind schedule and have to start again as i can just about manage with the new Manucharyan stats i've been given....:)

It especially affected players who could use "either" foot. People like this had some of their stats lowered because their 2-footedness increased the CA too much.

That's why 2-footed Christiano Ronaldo appears to be a lot worse than right-footed Elano, but Ronaldo's avg rating is usually higher.

If my memory serves, that is. When the 802 patch came out a lot of people were posting angry messages about it.

Archived