If I start with a small database, is scouting less useful?

For example let's say I start with Large Database (13000 players) versus a database having 162000 players (Brazil full, Argentina full, etc.)

If I hire some staff member with knowledge in Argentina, won't I be shown less players when playing with the smaller database?

For example let's say I start with Large Database (13000 players) versus a database having 162000 players (Brazil full, Argentina full, etc.)

If I hire some staff member with knowledge in Argentina, won't I be shown less players when playing with the smaller database?

Yes.

Thats a problem because?

The bottom line is if you want lots of choice of players the flipside is that the other teams also have a huge choice of players. This means it will become much more difficult to sell players as well as adding processing time.

You should aim for a balance between the leagues you load & the database size. Personally speaking this means I always choose small as it offers a good balance.

Even if I don't add those leagues in the beginning, the game has to simulate the training and the transfers of those extra added players, right?

No, if the leagues aren't added and the players not loaded there will be no training, transfers or anything else going on.

If you add the leagues later, new players will be created by the game to fill the teams in that league.

EDIT

The teams in non loaded leagues will have much reduced squads, they will still sign some players but will not have full squads.

If the squads are needed for any capacity in leagues that are inactive they generally are filled with disposable players who are around the level of the clubs reputation so they can still function if needed in game but the rest of it is just simulated in the background.

Personally I prefer larger databases as it means more players can come through across the game and generally it makes it harder for a player to hoard them all.

I keep it simple, all leagues loaded with a large db plus players at top division sides in Africa. I did trim it slightly for my FM15 save by not including the lower rep nations in Asia.

Archived