[FMC] Medan Mediocrity - Life in Indonesia

True Blade

eemUyxD.png

Medan Mediocrity

Life in Indonesia

Hey all, I'm True Blade and this is what I hope to be my first successful career thread. I'm very much a one club one career man and this version of the game I've found myself at a team known as Medan Jaya, playing in the Indonesian Third Tier.

There's very little information about them but here's what the ever resourceful Wikipedia page says:

Medan Jaya was established in 1987 and has become a well-respected club in the era of competition Galatama as well as the Premier Division competition. But the achievements of this team started to decline in 2000. In season 1999/2000, Medan Jaya was relegated to the First Division and thrown back to the Second Division in season 2004. Medan Jaya re-tread into First Division competition started the 2006 season.

I'm playing in FMC and will only be using instant result to progress as far as possible as quick as possible. In an ideal world this will end with Medan Jaya being the best team in the world and Indonesia being #1 in the world rankings.

I still have that save and still play it regularly :D. Hopefully you'll have the same success and more than I did. From talking to rancer, the rules have become a lot more stricter. I also where possible try to keep up with Indonesian football. Very corrupt. Two teams were done for trying to lose the game because they didn't want to play the team in the next round because they were run by the Indonesian mafia.

You should revive the thread, I for one would love to see your progress:D. The rules don't look too bad in-game, I can't play any foreigners until the Super league and even then only three can play at a time. The corruption is one of the main reasons I started a save in Indonesia - this was going to be in the story section but with the lack of free-time I have recently I decided to place it here.

Medan Jaya - Indonesian Nuswantara League - 2014/15

My first season in charge takes a team predicted to finish 9th out of a group of 12 teams.

League Table - The table flatters us, we were third for most of the season. We crept into second in the 21st game and took first in the final game.

Indonesian Cup - We knocked Premier league Persiba Bantul out in the first round but couldn't repeat this feat against PSIM.

Transfers - The three players out are people who couldn't kick a ball, the players in aren't much better to be honest but they provide vital squad depth and let my main players rest.

Finances - I expect to red here for a while, the board keep providing cash injections but we can't get out of the red.

Key players:

Masran - The highest average rating of the team. When he plays we've being playing better. Scores when called upon and begins a lot of our attacks.

Agung Hari Satiwan - Leading goalscorer. He's amazing, rated 5 stars by my assistant and apparently is a good premier league player. He's leaving in 3 months as he refuses to talk to me about a new contract.

Ronggo Hadi Cahyono - The provider of the front three. 13 assists and 8 goals in 17 is an amazing return and he alone has earned us many points.

The second phase groups have being drawn. We've got a bit lucky in drawing Persema as we've already shown we can beat them in our group. I'm not too sure about the other teams but if we avoid finishing last we'll get promoted. The top team will play the top team of group A for the division title.

Phase two group

Solid start. Does Indonesia still have the weird play-off system for the four groups in the third tier? That front three looks solid tbh. Do you have anyone called Joko :cool:.
Cheers mate! Yeah it does, I should get promoted hopefully if my players don't buckle under the pressure. No called Joko but I'll keep my eye out for one :cool:.

We went into this game been second on three points. Persema and just one point from their two games. When we came here during the season we lost 5-4.

WpZaL9Q.png

GET IN! Persisko drew against PSGL which means I've topped my group and will play PSSA for the division title.

We might as well have not turned up. This was one of the worst performances of the season and PSSA took full advantage.

WCqwuqH.png

Next season we'll be playing in the Indonesian Premier League, the second tier of the pyramid. It'll take some strengthening but I'm confident that I can survive.

Archived