Avoid The Drop 3.0 - Game Thread

Welcome to Avoid the Drop part 3.

Just incase you don't know how this will run, here is a quick breakdown.

- Each player will start as a free regen at 16 years of age.

- All players personal attributes, CA, PA, reputation and the like are set the same.

- Your main objective is to go your whole career, including as staff, and never get relegated.

- If your team gets relegated and you were only in the u-19s or reserves, it won't count. Loans will count.

- When your player is relegated, he is out of the main game, but i will still continue to follow them until they retire fully or as much as i can.

- We have the editor on hand so we can make changes if needed, but nothing to dramatic, maybe you got sick of your nickname or something, or want to weigh more.

- I will holiday up to the end of the September transfer window and make a first post on where our players have ended up.

- After that each update will be a quick summary of your players season and where his team finished in the league.

- At the very end of the game i will count up all players stats and see who has scored the most, made most assists etc.

- I will also check each November to see if any players take part in Movember.

If anyone is interested in how part 2 went of this game, have a look here.

I will still allow others to sign up, but only 6 more places.

Thanks.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Players

Chris Small - Charlesbeams

Erik Bäckermann - podunkboy

El Mantis - toonbalmy87

Junior - DarkySurrounding

Christopher Hatton - Hatton90

Zacahary Eldinho - kris0710

Aboubakari Mensah - Joe.

Lawrence Lazewski - spartans5

Gins - David Corperial

Antoine Clemont - swooperproop

Steven Kemp - Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva

El Ticuito - Tullem

Lewis Walsh - Walshieboy750

Bambang Pinheiro - letissierandhenryaregreat

I will now holiday to the end of the first transfer window and get you all your starting clubs.

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Relegations as Player[/TD]

[TD]Relegations as Manager[/TD]

[TD]Total Relegations[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Erik Bäckermann[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lawrence Lazewski[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]El Mantis[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]N/A*[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bambang Pinheiro[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Aboubakari Mensah[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Chris Small[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Steven Kemp[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gins[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]N/A*[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lewis Walsh[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]N/A*[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Antoine Clemont[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Christopher Hatton[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]El Ticuito[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Zachary Eldinho[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

*Retired without managerial experience.

(Bold indicates fully retired).

First Clubs

Erik Bäckermann - Initial Profile - Erik has joined Bayern Munich and is in the Bayern II squad. He's currently earning £5.5k a week and he came on as a sub in a league game for Bayern, but didn't do much.

Antoine Clemont - Initial Profile - Antoine has joined Southampton and is on a measly £80 a week and in the U-18 squad. He's made 1 cup appearance for them and looked poor. He is a similar player to Alexandru Maxim.

El Mantis - Initial Profile - El Mantis isn't currently at a club, but will staying in his home country to play for Pumas, he'll join up with them on the 20th December.

El Ticuito - Initial Profile - Maybe not the best of teams to join straight away as El Ticuito joins Hull in the Premier League, but he is in the U-18s. He has impressed so far in 6 non-competitive games for the club. Another on £80 a week.

Zachary Eldinho - Initial Profile - The Swedish striker has signed for Ipswich in the Championship. He's in the U-18s and on £80 a week. Has played 1 non-competitive game for them and scored 1 goal.

Gins - Initial Profile - Gins is another player in the Championship as he joins Blackburn Rovers on an £80 a week contract. He's also in the U-18s. He played in 3 non-competitive games for Blackburn, conceding twice and keeping 2 clean sheets.

Christopher Hatton - Initial Profile - The Colombian midfielder has joined up with Everton in the Premier League and is currently playing for the U-18s. He has been playing well in non-competitive games with an avg rating of 7.52.

Junior - Initial Profile - Could be a good move for Junior as he joined Premier League side Liverpool. He has played 1 non competitive game so far and scored 1 goal. Currently in the u-18s.

Steven Kemp - Initial Profile - Steven has joined Aston Villa in the Premier League and is currently in the u-18s. Hasn't started in any games or non-competitive games yet. Is with the Belgium u-18s.

Lawrence Lazewski - Initial Profile - Lawrence has joined Spurs and is in the U-18s, no games or non competitive games played yet. Is with the USA u-20 squad.

Aboubakari Mensah - Initial Profile - Aboubakari has joined Atletico Madrid in Spain but has also been loaned out straight away to Nacional in Portugal. No games played yet. Similar type of player to Antoine Griezmann.

Bambang Pinheiro - Initial Profile - Bambang is joining up with Christopher Hatton at Everton and with the Everton u-18s. No games played just yet and is with the East Timor U-23 squad.

Chris Small - Initial Profile - Chris has joined Welsh side Cardiff city and has made 1 cup appearance, failing to do much. Has 1 goal and 3 assists in 6 non-competitive games so far.

Lewis Walsh - Initial Profile - Lewis is another joining a Premier League side in West Ham. He is currently in the U-18s. He has played in 1 cup game, scoring on his debut against Yeovil. He is learning from Carlton Cole or Enner Valencia, not sure which.

Would anybody like to see screenshots of their Agents ??

Will holiday some more tomorrow some time and might have the first end of season.

I'm happy...Everton should be safe..nice to know that we have a joint effort with Hatton and Bambang at the same club..hopefully that should see us even more prepared. Nice to see a 16 year old in the Columbian under 20s aswell!

There is a chance we could lose someone in the first round, holidayed most of it last night, couple of games to go.

Uh oh.. based on the fact that most players are in the U18s, I no longer have high hopes for Mensah!

There is a chance we could lose someone in the first round, holidayed most of it last night, couple of games to go.

Thankfully AC's in the U18-s! But seeing the luck I have on FM, he'll be put in the senior squad right before they secure relegation lol

End of Season 2014/15

Erik Bäckermann - Erik had a good season at Bayern II and played in the U-19 cup quite often too. He played 43 games in total with 19 goals and 8 assists. He is now worth £2.1m and will be hoping to make a few first team appearance next season. He was and still is being tutored by Robert Lewandowski. Not sure where Bayern II finished, but Bayern finished 3rd in the league and runners up in the German Cup.

Antoine Clemont - Antoine seemed to be playing a lot for the u-19s and reserves this season, he played 56 games, scoring 20 goals and getting 23 assists. He made 2 first team appearances, scoring 1 and assisting 1. He is being touted as the next Paul Gascoigne. Antoine has decided to play for England U-19s at the moment. Southampton didn't have a great season, struggling at the bottom of the league, they finished in 15th place.

El Mantis - El Mantis joined up with Pumas as they started the Closing Stage in the league, he played in 15(2) games for them, scoring 3 and assisting 7. He helped them in winning the Closing Stage. He is currently the most expensive of our players.

El Ticuito - El Ticuito left Hull for Scotland until the end of the season, he joined Inverness. He made 12 appearances while there, making 3 assists and getting 3 PoMs, but also got his first career red card. El Ticuito has joined Antoine Clemont in playing for England U-21s instead of his home nation. Inverness struggled and finished in the Relegation Play-off place, luckily they survived.

Zachary Eldinho - Zachary played 30(3), scoring 38 goals for the U-18s and Reserves, catching the eye of Mick McCarthy and being put into the first team. He played quite well when given the chance, 5(6) games in total, scoring his first 3 career goals. Ipswich finished in 10th place in the Championship.

Gins - Gins hasn't been given the chance in the first team just yet, but has been playing for the U-18s and Reserves. He conceded 15 goals and kept 6 clean sheets in 13(2) games, hopefully impressing enough for next season. Blackburn finished in 3rd place, but missed out on promotion in the play-offs.

Christopher Hatton - Christopher didn't get too many chances to play in the first team, just 2 cup appearances, making 1 assist. He played a lot in the U-19s and U-21s, scoring 6 goals and making 27 assists in 39(12) games. Everton finished 6th in the Premier League.

Junior - Junior seems to have impressed in the U-19s and U-21s, but has only made 3 appearances for the first team, but hopefully impressed enough for next season. He could be the next Mineiro. Liverpool finished 3rd in the league, so he might get some european football next season too.

Steven Kemp - Steven seemed to impress enough in his u-19 and u-21 games to get 6(1) first team games for Villa. He got 1 assists and 2 PoMs. Villa finished 11th in the League, but were quite poor toward the end of the season, winning just 1 in the last 9 games.

Lawrence Lazewski - Lawrence was impressive enough in his non-competitive games to get his first 2 caps for USA, but not quite good enough yet for the Spurs first team. He did get 1(3) games in total and scored once in the cup. He is a similar type of player to Roberto Soldado and Jurgen Klinsmann is in his favourites. Spurs finished 7th in the league and missed out on european football.

Aboubakari Mensah - Had a pretty good season on loan in Portugal, playing 31(4) games in total, scoring 12 and assisting 12 times. Nacional finished 8th in the league, while Atletico finished 3rd. He hasn't been called up to the Ghana U-20s yet either, but hopefully sometime soon.

Bambang Pinheiro - Our 2nd player to have got his first international cap, Bambang has gone on to play 8 games for East Timor since. He didn't get too many first team chances for Everton though with 2(1) games in total and 2 goals scored. Everton finished 6th in the Premier League.

Chris Small - Chris played 31(9) times for the U-19s and U-21s for Cardiff, scoring 8 and assisting 12 times. He made 5 appearances for the first team but wasn't too impressive. Mark Wotte(Scotland U-19 manager) is in his favourites. Cardiff finished 4th in the league and got promoted via the play-offs.

Lewis Walsh - Lewis played well in the U-19s and U-21s and got 3 cup games for the first team, scoring twice. He has now been awarded a place in the first team. Geraint Williams (Wales U-21 manager) is in his favourites. West Ham finished 8th in the Premier League and were Capital One Cup runners up.

League Tables

English Premier League

English Championship

Scottish Premiership

Bundesliga

Portuguese Premier League

Mexican Premier League

If there is anything else you would like to know, please ask.

Transfers September 2015/2016

Junior - Liverpool to PSG for £16.25m (playing in reserves, who are in French CFA)

Aboubakari Mensah - Atletico to FC Nantes on Loan

So 2 players moving to France, everything else is the same, the 2 Everton players are listed for Loan.

CLEMO/AC YOU TRAITOR

I taught him to avoid England youth teams, I swear!

20 goals and 23 assists is great though!

Unfortunately because of the regen thing, i can only pick 1 nation, but because he was already born in England, he has 2 choices anyway, hopefully he'll pick Belgium as national first team when it comes to it.

Unfortunately because of the regen thing, i can only pick 1 nation, but because he was already born in England, he has 2 choices anyway, hopefully he'll pick Belgium as national first team when it comes to it.

Yeah, I know he has 2 choices, but I hope he picks Belgium! Otherwise we'll have England dominating in a few years :D

One more update until later on.

Awards and other

Erik Bäckermann - Bayerns youngest goalscorer at 17 and 345days

Antoine Clemont - Southampton youngest goalscorer at 16 and 127 days (last season)

El Mantis - 3rd place North American Player of the Year.

El Ticuito - European u-19 Championship best player runner up.

Zachary Eldinho - Championship team of the week on 6 occasions and fastest capital one cup goal in 14s.

Gins - N/A

Christopher Hatton - Premier League team of the week once and Premier League young player of the month for October.

Junior - N/A

Steven Kemp - Premier League team of the week once, Named in Belgium seasonal best eleven and inducted into Belgium overall best eleven.

Lawrence Lazewski - Won North American U-20 Championship with USA and broke Spurs youngest goalscorer at 16 and 184days, both last season.

Aboubakari Mensah - Named in Nacional seasonal best eleven, Nacional supporters player of the year, Named in 2016 African eleven of the year and 2015 African midfielder of the year 3rd place.

Bambang Pinheiro - Loaned out to Bolton and named in Championship team of the week once.

Chris Small - Won European U-19 championship with Scotland and voted European u-19 championship best player.

Lewis Walsh - Won U-21 cup and broke youngest goalscorer record at 16 and 111 days last year and named in West Ham seasonal best eleven.

Great opening season for Zachary Eldinho.

A new contract on £1,800 pw, 38 goals, 8 assists and 17 Man of the Match awards for the U18's then 3 goals in the Championship. Team of the Week six times is incredible for the amount of games and just to add more gloss a fastest goal in the League Cup. Fabulous.

2 PoM awards in just 7 first team appearance at Villa in the first season for Kemp, very happy with that. Villa should be good enough to avoid the drop (on FM at least) if I start to get more first team action.

Was going to say great to see I've already got an u21 appearance for Belgium, but even better having just seen that was named in the Belgium seasonal best eleven.

Hmmm.. I think Chris Small got relegated...

Yeah, set a limit, 5 games would be okay.

Pretty much, but i think someone else might be in the same boat. So just wanted others opinions before i started saving myself because of the amount of games played for the first team.

I would go for 10 games, as that's what you need to qualify for a winners medal

I think they changed it recently to 5, because Jack Rodwell got a winners medal for Man City, despite starting 1 game and 4 sub appearances.

5 doesn't seem like many games though. But it does show that they have been considered for the first team. We'll say 10 as it's nothing like winning a trophy.

Was going to say great to see I've already got an u21 appearance for Belgium, but even better having just seen that was named in the Belgium seasonal best eleven.

Yeah, seems to be a regular now, along with a few other players.

End of Season 2015/16

Erik Bäckermann - Erik had a pretty good 2nd season, scoring 12 goals and assisting 9 times for Bayern II. He also made 2 sub appearances for the first team, but didn't impress. Bayern won the Bundesliga and the German Cup. He is wanted by Dortmund.

Antoine Clemont - Atoine didn't get any first team opportunities this season, but played 58(1) games for the U-19s and U-21s, scoring 22 and assisting 22. Considering Southampton finished 17th in the Premier League, they could probably use him. Gareth Southgate (England U-21 manager) is in his favourites and he is now similar type of player to Thorgan Hazard.

El Mantis - El Mantis was a first team player throughout the season, playing 30(6) in total, scoring 4 times and assisting 8. Pumas however didn't do quite so well in the league, 11th in the Opening stage and 13th in the Closing Stage. They did however come runner up in the North American Champions League. He now has 3 caps for Mexico and the manager Miguel Herrera is in his favourites.

El Ticuito - El Ticuito got away with it once again, he was loaned out to Sheff Utd in the Championship, where he played 5 games with an avg rating of 7.20. He returned to Hull before both leagues had finished and Sheff Utd got relegated, luckily he wasn't there at the time. Hull however had a good season finishing 6th in the league. Ahmed Elmohamady is in his favourites.

Zachary Eldinho - Fantastic 2nd season for Zachary, scoring 24 in 40(5) games for the club, taking his price tag to £8m. He got his first cap for Sweden but hasn't been selected for the Euros. Ipswich didn't have a great season, but were safe in 14th position. Ekrim Hamren (Sweden manager) is in his favourites.

Gins - Gins finally made his Blackburn debut, unfortunately he conceded 3 goals and Blackburn were out of teh cup. He did play 47(1) times for the U-19s/U-21s, conceded 28 and keeping 29 clean sheets. Blackburn finished 2nd in the Championship gaining promotion, not always the best of things to happen.

Christopher Hatton - Made his Everton league debut this season and played 9(6) times in all competitions, scoring his first senior goal. He has also got his first caps for Colombia and the now retired manager Jose Pekerman is in his favourites. Everton had a good season, finishing in 7th place. Is listed for loan.

Junior - Juniors big money move got him some game time in the first team, 12(2) games in total, scoring 1 goal and creating 5 assists. Meanwhile for the reserves he played 7(1) games, scoring 4 and making 4 assists. PSG finished 1st in the league and won both domestic cups.

Steven Kemp - Steven had a pretty solid 2nd season, playing 25(8) games in all competitions, scoring his first senior goal and creating 6 assists. He is the only player to be going to Euro 2016. Belgium manager Marc Wilmots and Urby Emanuelson are in his favourites.

Lawrence Lazewski - Lawrence played well for the U-19 and U-21s, scoring 33 in 18(27) games. He only made 3(3) for the first team with no goals though, but it's a start, however he is listed for loan so may not feature next season. Spurs finished 8th in the league.

Aboubakari Mensah - Things looked good at the end of last season, not so much now as we have our first relegated player. He made 30(2) appearances for Nantes, scored 6 and made 12 assists, but it wasn't quite enough as Nantes finished 19th. He now has his first Ghana caps and 2 goals. Nacional are in his favourite teams as a player and Avram Grant as a favourite person (Ghana manager).

Bambang Pinheiro - Bambang was sent out on loan earlier in the season and joined Championship side Bolton. He made 18(2) appearances for them, scoring twice and assisting just once. He came back to Everton earlier than the end of season as they finished 15th. Everton finished 7th in the league and Bambang is listed for loan.

Chris Small - Chris had a pretty forgetful season as he made just 7(4) appearances and failed to impress. He is now transfer listed and unhappy. Cardiff as predicted went straight back to the Championship, so our 2nd relegated player.

Lewis Walsh - Lewis made 2 sub appearances for West Ham, before being sent out on loan to Championship side Sunderland. While there he played 4(1) games, scoring 2 goals. Sunderland struggled but avoided relegation, finishing 19th. He has his first Welsh caps and Chris Coleman (Wales Manager) is in his favourites.

Relegated

Chris Small

Aboubakari Mensah

Transfers

El Ticuito - Hull to Sheff Utd on Loan

Bambang Pinheiro - Everton to Bolton on Loan

Lewis Walsh - West Ham to Sunderland on Loan

Wanted

Erik Bäckermann - Dortmund

League Tables

English Premier League

English Championship

Ligue 1

Bundesliga

Mexican Opening Stage

Mexican Closing Stage

Next up i'll post about Euro 2016 and awards/achievements (end of season and end of year).

Awards and Achievements

Erik Bäckermann - Broke German Super Cup youngest goalscorer record at 18 and 351 days.

Antoine Clemont - N/A

El Mantis - N/A.

El Ticuito - N/A

Zachary Eldinho - Broke Ipswich fastest goal record and beating his own Capital One Cup fastest goal record by scoring in just 9 seconds against Newport Co. Also 15/16 Ipswich supporters player of the year.

Gins - N/A

Christopher Hatton - Copa America runner up with Colombia.

Junior - Olympic Games runner up with Brazil U-23s.

Steven Kemp - Aston Villa supporters player of the year and 2016 European Golden Boy.

Lawrence Lazewski - N/A

Aboubakari Mensah - Shortlisted for African Player of the Year as well as being in 2017 African Eleven of the year.

Bambang Pinheiro - N/A

Chris Small - N/A

Lewis Walsh - N/A

Trying not to give anything away, so not everything will be mentioned. Most players were in their countries or clubs seasonal eleven.

Bloody hell El Ticuito is living on the edge a bit. Glad he didn't get relegated with Sheffield United. Can't help but feel he needs a move to a bigger and more secure club than Hull. (even though they somehow managed 6th)

What a cracker of a season for Zachary Eldinho, missing out on Euro 2016 the only negative. More fastest goal records and Supporters Player of the Year at the age of 18 is incredible.

Happy enough at Ipswich, not looking likely to be relegated anytime soon.

Despite not breaking into the First Team at Spurs, having good seasons in the youth teams and getting international experience is helping. Hopefully I can break some more records as time goes on. Also getting that first International goal would be pretty nice.

Forgot i didn't do a September transfer update as i did last season.

Transfers

El Mantis - Pumas to Porto for £7.25m (5% owned by his agent)

El Tiquito - Hull to Swansea on Loan (Swansea are in the Premier League)

Zachary Eldinho - Ipswich to Reading for £9.75m (Reading are newly promoted to the Premier League)

Gins - Blackburn to IFK Mariehamn on Loan

Gins - Blackburn to Rochdale on Loan (Rochdale are in League 1)

Christopher Hatton - Everton to Bournemouth on Loan (Bournemouth are in the Premier League)

Aboubakari Mensah - Atletico to Club Brugge on Loan

Some of these may have been January Transfers aswell.

Forgot i didn't do a September transfer update as i did last season.

Transfers

El Mantis - Pumas to Porto for £7.25m (5% owned by his agent)

El Tiquito - Hull to Swansea on Loan (Swansea are in the Premier League)

Zachary Eldinho - Ipswich to Reading for £9.75m (Reading are newly promoted to the Premier League)

Gins - Blackburn to IFK Mariehamn on Loan

Gins - Blackburn to Rochdale on Loan (Rochdale are in League 1)

Christopher Hatton - Everton to Bournemouth on Loan (Bournemouth are in the Premier League)

Aboubakari Mensah - Atletico to Club Brugge

Some of these may have been January Transfers aswell.

Well porto i am very happy with wont be getting relegated anytime soon :) As long as i play for them

Outstanding season!!! Over 30 games for Villa, average rating of 7.62, top half Prem finish, only player to go to the Euros (although disappointed with being knocked out by Greece in the second round), worth over £10m, Villa's player of the year and European Golden Boy. Nothing else to say really, amazing.