Unfortunate truth about suggestions

EHM is a fantastic game and I'm glad to see it back. The cosmetic changes to the game and the changes behind the scenes have improved it a lot, but unfortunately what's harming the game's long-term playability for me is that there are so many gameplay features from FM that I, and many others, have become accustomed to which mean that EHM feels slightly empty without them, as good as it is.

Therefore, over time, possibly after the 'Early Access' stage, it seems to be a no-brainer to add features such as:

- Press-conferences

- Interaction/Conversations with players and backroom staff

- Naturalisation, so that Canadians or Americans can play for the likes of GB after living there for 5 years.

- FM-esque youth intake rather than young players popping up randomly in European teams

- Dynamic league rep for European leagues

- More board requests

- Agents

- And more...

Naturalization would be good, in fact it's in the game already, just that it's half broken. Or three-quarters broken.

In EHM 07 you had to have the player on your team for the set amount of time, without even a 1 day gap in the years and it would work

EHM is a fantastic game and I'm glad to see it back. The cosmetic changes to the game and the changes behind the scenes have improved it a lot, but unfortunately what's harming the game's long-term playability for me is that there are so many gameplay features from FM that I, and many others, have become accustomed to which mean that EHM feels slightly empty without them, as good as it is.

Therefore, over time, possibly after the 'Early Access' stage, it seems to be a no-brainer to add features such as:

- Press-conferences

- Interaction/Conversations with players and backroom staff

- Naturalisation, so that Canadians or Americans can play for the likes of GB after living there for 5 years.

- FM-esque youth intake rather than young players popping up randomly in European teams

- Dynamic league rep for European leagues

- More board requests

- Agents

- And more...

Agree with these. It is Early access as they say so and they did promise that any suggestions that are technically possible will make it into the game. I noticed that each league does have it's reputation shown now? Maybe making it dynamic is part of the plan?

I really would like to see some more player interactions though.

Naturalization would be good, in fact it's in the game already, just that it's half broken. Or three-quarters broken.

I noticed in EHM 07 that Canadians or Americans with British 2nd nationality were counted as foreign players, which they shouldn't. Players also couldn't be called-up for their 2nd nationality, which they should be able to.

I noticed in EHM 07 that Canadians or Americans with British 2nd nationality were counted as foreign players, which they shouldn't. Players also couldn't be called-up for their 2nd nationality, which they should be able to.

Do you mean regarded as foreign in the UK leagues? If so, then they should be regarded as foreign. The British leagues don't go by nationality - they go by whether a player needs an IIHF International Transfer Card to play in the UK (except to some extent with the EPL and the non-EU restriction). Essentially, it is whether player was British trained for a certain number of years before they reach a certain age. In actual fact it is more complex than that, but I have never fully read the rules as it they are pretty complex (and the rules in the EIHL are slightly different to those in the EPL/NIHL).

As i recall the USA/CAN/GBR thing was to get around being able to sign USA/CAN players who legitimately had a 2nd nationality. Players who were set as GBR/CAN were "home grown" but CAN/GBR meant they could in theory still play for GB but would always count towards the no of foreign players. As Archi says it's related to what federation holds a players ITC and it was too difficult to model in the early versions of the game. As FM has some code that works very similar now (for Champions League) it could probably be handled in a future version if still required.

• SI Staff

Unfortunately there is no way to match the development pace of something like FM, which has a huge team of developers working on it, and implement features at the same pace as new ones were/are added to FM. We are going to add some new features along the way in Early Access but we also need to be realistic about the amount of resources available to the game and set our targets accordingly. These are all interesting ideas though.

As i recall the USA/CAN/GBR thing was to get around being able to sign USA/CAN players who legitimately had a 2nd nationality. Players who were set as GBR/CAN were "home grown" but CAN/GBR meant they could in theory still play for GB but would always count towards the no of foreign players. As Archi says it's related to what federation holds a players ITC and it was too difficult to model in the early versions of the game. As FM has some code that works very similar now (for Champions League) it could probably be handled in a future version if still required.

That's how we've carried it on with the roster updates over the years too. :-)

- Press-conferences

No just no. Please never add this.

The press conferences aren't needed, but perhaps they could do the FM Classic way, where a single press question pops up *sometimes* but not very often.

That was the way it worked in EHM 07 so I'm guessing it's still going to happen in this version too. The odd question now and then in the big league

That was the way it worked in EHM 07 so I'm guessing it's still going to happen in this version too. The odd question now and then in the big league

Ahhh right, I haven't got further than a month or two into a save yet, exploring it(the game) and seeing how it goes, so I haven't seen one yet.

Press conferences can be a good addition but it's complex to add them so they don't become boring.

Too often the logic seems to go ask question A, if get response B then change C happens.

But to be more of a real-life press conference, then question A should have perhaps 10 possible responses and each response could be combined with many other factors which may or may not cause a change in the behaviour of the coach and/or players and/or fans.

Change could be immediate, long-term, intermediate-term and at times subtle.

In other words it will take a lot of logic and programming to create a non-boring press conference.

Agreed. Might seem nice at first glance but honestly, in every GM game I played so far it get boring rather quickly and doesnt really do much for the game expierence.

Absolutely! I always delegate press conferences to my assistant in FM. It just gets really dull.

However, I really love all of the news items, etc that appear in FM. There's such a wealth of news items that it's a bit like having a living newspaper in game. That is something I'd love to see in EHM one day.

Archived