KHL-related stuff

Here I will post any KHL problem I'll run into.

Why there is no foreigner limit??

"Foreign offer release clause". What does this mean? In the KHL IRL there are no out clauses. They are not allowed.

Contracts are better than in the original version, but still too low. Ak Bars Kazan spend a total of 9 million dollars for salaries!!!! It should be 30 millions or so.

The KHL shouldn't have a salary cap, at least for now.

Very minor: I still see KHL teams having like 1 single pre-season games (if they are lucky enough to have that one game). KHL teams are notorious for having big training camps, with even 15 games. They should organize tournees in Switzerland/Finland/Czech Republic.

Here I will post any KHL problem I'll run into.

Why there is no foreigner limit??

"Foreign offer release clause". What does this mean? In the KHL IRL there are no out clauses. They are not allowed.

Contracts are better than in the original version, but still too low. Ak Bars Kazan spend a total of 9 million dollars for salaries!!!! It should be 30 millions or so.

The KHL shouldn't have a salary cap, at least for now.

Very minor: I still see KHL teams having like 1 single pre-season games (if they are lucky enough to have that one game). KHL teams are notorious for having big training camps, with even 15 games. They should organize tournees in Switzerland/Finland/Czech Republic.

Agreed that KHL salaries should be higher! SKA for instance spend almost $40m this season alone! Kovalchuk earns $10m!

On my game I have around 4 pre-season games scheduled automatically? Odd how you have only 1.

Agree with Foreigner limit. I like this rule in real life. Russian teams have 5 import player limit. Non Russian have no limits. Maybe a code issue? We'll have to see if anybody replies about it

KHL (not Jokerit) teams do not sign foreign players. They only sign foreigners who already play in the KHL (not too much of them), and do not target players from other leagues. This is of course very unrealistic. Jokerit seems to work fine (I assume as they are from Finland). One team signed a Canadian from Danish league, Barys signed another one from French second league (??).

Ok I simmed a few more seasons.

The foreigner limit is there, just it's for dressed players, and not for rosters. It's even better, the problem is that in the league info it doesn't show, therefore it's not obvious and it should somewhat written in other parts than in the "next game" tab only.

On the less bright side, teams do not acquire enough players. Most teams have 5 defensemen in their rosters, and they use a forward as sixth defenseman. This is of course unrealistic. And Russian teams tend to dress 8 defensemen anyway, so they should at least call up players from farm/junior teams.

Teams also do not acquire enough foreigners. All KHL teams have the 5 foreigners positions busy, and it's not rare for KHL teams to have a sixth foreigner and turn them over. They should be more aggressive in july-august. This may be, however, influenced by the bad shape the DB is regarding the Russian part. I'll work hard on the DB next week, but this was a problem in EHM07 as well.

KHL teams and goalkeepers interact in a bad way, just as it was in EHM 07. Most of the teams have just 1 goalie in their roster. The teams don't actively search for goalies and don't sign foreign goalies (yes, the old no-foreign goalie is gone both IRL and in the game, but still). The rare teams who have two goalies have 1 "normal" goalie and 1 junior goalie (most of the times available for loan or on the block). KHL teams should just try and sign the best goalies available as the other leagues do. This was an ugly thing of EHM 07 and it's definitely disappointing to have it back in EHM:EA.

Also, foreign teams sign too many foreigners. A couple of years in the game and all foreign teams have only the minimal required quota of domestic players, the rest is all foreigners. This is unrealistic, with the exception of Medvescak for obvious reasons, other foreign teams in the KHL should sign let's say from 6 to 10 foreigners, not more.

KHL teams and goalkeepers interact in a bad way, just as it was in EHM 07. Most of the teams have just 1 goalie in their roster. The teams don't actively search for goalies and don't sign foreign goalies (yes, the old no-foreign goalie is gone both IRL and in the game, but still). The rare teams who have two goalies have 1 "normal" goalie and 1 junior goalie (most of the times available for loan or on the block). KHL teams should just try and sign the best goalies available as the other leagues do. This was an ugly thing of EHM 07 and it's definitely disappointing to have it back in EHM:EA.

Also, foreign teams sign too many foreigners. A couple of years in the game and all foreign teams have only the minimal required quota of domestic players, the rest is all foreigners. This is unrealistic, with the exception of Medvescak for obvious reasons, other foreign teams in the KHL should sign let's say from 6 to 10 foreigners, not more.

Indeed, for example Jokerit tend to rely too much on north american players, despite being based in a hockey powerhouse country with a lot of domestic players available. There is a lot of talented players in Finland that could make the team though.

124277Sanstitre.jpg

Also, it's not KHL related sorry, but there is a similar problem with Hockey East College teams. After a few years they recruit an unusual number of europeans players, resulting in huge unrealistic rosters (counting the euros and the other north american players) :

950430bug.jpg

I hope it helps for further updates.

Yes, definitely a bug, he doesn't have any history record.

Most goals - Boris Renaud 191

Most asists - Boris Renaud 178

Most points - Boris Renaud 369

I am currently collecting (for my own collection :) ) all time Medvescak stats, if there will be any changes I will post it. This is Renaud's official league stats from one book I have, so you can correct it in the game as well :)

I dont have most carrer games, and single season records are correct at eliteprospects, you will notice that most categories are dominated by russians :)

Domestic players rule for non-Russian clubs doesn't work as intended. The teams should actually dress those players, leaving blank spots in the lineup doesn't count! For example, in my save Medvescak has only 2 domestic players, but keeps on playing like this because they leave so many blank positions in the lineup. It shouldn't work like this, they should keep on dressing 22 players (well at least 20), including the domestic ones. There was the same problem in 07 with the young players rule.

Domestic players rule for non-Russian clubs doesn't work as intended. The teams should actually dress those players, leaving blank spots in the lineup doesn't count! For example, in my save Medvescak has only 2 domestic players, but keeps on playing like this because they leave so many blank positions in the lineup. It shouldn't work like this, they should keep on dressing 22 players (well at least 20), including the domestic ones. There was the same problem in 07 with the young players rule.

Yes, same problem in 07. Non-russian players on non-russian teams are not foreginer afaik

Point system is broken. Some saves are giving me 3 points for a win while some saves still give me 2 points whether it's in regulation or OT/after shootouts.

Post scriptum: It seems like the default database uses the 3 point system while other databases still use the 2 point system. I can't imagine it has something to do with other databases, it must be a glitch that it's not working?

Point system is broken. Some saves are giving me 3 points for a win while some saves still give me 2 points whether it's in regulation or OT/after shootouts.

Post scriptum: It seems like the default database uses the 3 point system while other databases still use the 2 point system. I can't imagine it has something to do with other databases, it must be a glitch that it's not working?

Did you start a new save? It is working good for me.

Import TBL Update database for EHM2007 and it will probably work. I saw differences with starting EA database version and 2007 after import. I don't know why but maybe Riz will explain.

I was just going back to say that I had to import the database for it to work!

Problem solved :D

• SI Staff

The points fix is in the importer that sets up the playable league rules, so if you started a game using an old database such as a one done with the importer before the fix, it would not have the change in it.

A couple of issues I have noticed playing the KHL sim.

First, an easy one. I play as Lokomotiv and for some reason the road uniforms are red and the home ones are white, and they need to be flipped around.

Second: I got to the end of my first season and found that some free agents were not signable by me but were signable by other teams (including my two biggest targets, both signed away from their original teams while I was helpless to stop it!)

Finally. I know I already said this, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enable trading. I signed Mr. Universe to play goalie for me and now Curtis Sanford is just taking up space (and important space too as he is foreign.)

8uvkxktjpyw0m1edahrk.png

So, the thing is that even the coaches on the team that had contracts wouldn't sign new ones and now my team is left without a head coach, or any coaches at all for that matter, because nobody at all is interested in the roles I'm offering.. even though when looking for people, I select "Ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets".. the guy in the picture is a coach with a reputation of an unprofessional, and even he isn't interested, even though as you can see in the picture, the contract is more than generous for an unprofessional.

What the frak?!?

What seems to be the problem is that wage expectations are way too high for coaching staff, I was looking through and it was possible to land some unprofessionals below the 290k, but those aren't KHL-level coaches.. those aren't even junior league coaches, they're unprofessionals. Even a lot of assistants in the NHL don't earn as much as an unprofessional is expecting to be picked up at.

Btw the team's financial situation is more than secure.

• 2 weeks later...
We told you 100 times, it's a data-related issue. When TBL will release a new db, it will be fixed.

But with them having no arena set is it just cosmetic - are they still receiving ticket money and fans per game? Or is it running as if they are playing in an empty arena each game? If the latter I'll have to wait for an update because that kills it for me.

Quick note on the DB. CSKA has Dynamo set as their main rivals; however, in real life this isn't entirely the case. I would say the main rival is Spartak followed by SKA after this years unsportsmanlike conduct by that team in the Gagarin Cup semis.

P.S. Important because this affects trading for players on that team.

You can fix this issue yourself by downloading the Pre-game database editor for EHM 07, load your downloaded database and add an arena, or the arenas missing. After that, just save it and import it as usual. I updated all the names of the KHL arenas, changed some capacities, added future arena moves (Barys and Dynamo Moscow to their new 12k seaters) plus updated the current average attendance.

Ilya Kovalchuck is free transfered by SKA 9.9.2014 every time I start a new game. Why does this happen and how do I stop it? I have tried to put him on a future transfer back to SKA but that does not help either.

Never saw this with Kovalchuck who in my NHL save has not moved from SKA , but I have noticed this with Danis Zaripov who leaves Metallurg Mg on a free around early September although he is contracted with them until Apr15. ( Same issue with Ilya Nikulin from AK Bars ).

I am about to try a save in KHL. I saw that many teams are above the salary cap , is there any fee for being above ? penalty ?

Archived