I'm Taking My Ball and Going...Somewhere Again!

Nottingham Forest

FM15%20Facebook%20timeline%20image%20484x252_25.jpg

Version: 15.3.1

Leagues Loaded: England, Scotland, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Spain, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland down to the lowest playable divisions.

Database Size: Large

Additional Information: Attribute Masking On, Add Key Players & Staff Off, All Players of English Nationality Loaded

Player Count: 63,000

There aren't any aims for this save and I'm just going to amble around and see what happens. I'm going to try and play as realistically as possible which means I'll only be able to use my staff, transfer rumours and agents to sign players.

I've started off unemployed with no badges and I'm of the more defensive minded nature.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can all imagine from the thread title, you can expect the first place I'll go to is St Albans. Or is it.......

I've applied for a number of roles in England from League Two to Conference North/South Teams. Having been offered interviews for Cheltenham Town, Carlisle United, Altrincham Town, St Albans and Bromley to name a few. St Albans were the first to offer me a contract on the 20th October 2014. I delayed for a week but with no further job offers and missing out on other roles I gratefully accepted a contract until the end of the season worth £325 per week.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Please continue reading. Thanks

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

st-albans-city-fc-clarence-park-york-road-end-1423850131.jpg

Clarence Park

History

**Taken from Wikipedia and Football Manager 2015**

St Albans City Football Club (nicknamed The Saints) is a football club based in St Albans, Hertfordshire, England. It was founded in 1908 and plays its home matches at Clarence Park. The club currently play in the Vanarama Conference South. The club has a fierce rivalry with Boreham Wood whilst retaining rivalries with Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Bishops Stortford, Hitchin, Weymouth, Enfield, Aylesbury United, Chesham and Hendon.

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2014-2015 Season

Vanarama Conference South

The Situation

As previously mentioned I chucked my name into the hat for a number of roles but on the 20th October 2014, St Albans offered me the role of manager until the end of the season. I delayed the offer and officially took over on the 27th October 2014. The board set out the expectations and expected me to meet them in order to have a chance of remaining manager for the longer term. The club were 19th out of 21 when I took over and just two points above the relegation zone. With a media prediction of 16th and spending over the wage budget by about £600 there wasn't much room to manoeuvre with and I would have to wheel and deal or make do with what I had.

The club was already out of the FA Cup having lost against Dulwich Hamlet in a replay in the Second Qualifying Round. In the league things weren't much better as the club had only managed to win two games from thirteen in the league. Having only recorded four other points things were going to be tough.

I decided I would settle on a 4-3-2-1 formation with three central midfielders and two wingers. I would be aiming to play a defensive brand of football in the hope of starving the opposition before getting a goal or two. This system remained for the remainder of the season but the defensive form went out the window during the first game. Our initial form was what you would consider new manager syndrome as we won our first six league games but lost the FA Trophy match. Our next nine games from that only saw us win one game before our next three games saw us pick up four points from a possible nine. Our last nine games of the season saw us remain consistent as we went on a five match unbeaten run which in turn resulted in a 5 match winless streak depending on which way you look at it.

Despite this we were never really in with a chance of reaching the play-offs or in any danger of being sucked into the relegation battle. The club have backed me since I took charge allowing me to bring in new members of staff, getting a senior affiliate in Grimsby Town, going on a course for my C licence and best of all giving me a new contract with a £125 payrise until the end of the 2016 season.

Transfer wise we saw James Smith(DL/ML) and Elliott Bailey(STC) leave on free transfers due to a lack of first team football whilst Jamie Mullan(AML) went back to TNS after his month or so loan spell ended. I attempted to renew the deal but he wasn't interested. Ishmel Demontagnac(AML) was my first official signing on a free transfer as he joined from Thurrock until the end of the season. He repaid the faith as he scored 10 goals in 20 league appearances which earned him a new deal for the new season. Joe English(MC) extended his loan from Swindon until the end of the season whilst Kris Fawcett(STC) joined on loan from parent club Grimsby towards the end of January.

New contracts have been issued out and Lee Chappell(DL), Alfred Bosch(DC), Matty Taylor(MC), James Comley(MC), Joe Welch(GK) and the previously mentioned Demontagnac in extending their part-time contracts until the end of the 2016 season. Omar Beckles(DC) agreed a new non-contract terms with us but due to his good form he's now being chased by five teams. One of these has put in an offer for him whilst we have offered him a £250 part-time contract for two seasons. Mayson Tewkesbury(GK) is already contracted until the 2016 season whilst youth candidates Ollie Johnson(MC), Zac Thurlbourne(DC) and Andrew Walker(DC) have been promoted to the first team.

The Future

The board have set the initial budgets for the new season with a wage budget of £5,622 and no transfer budget. We're currently spending £3,600 or so which gives a bit of room to strengthen the squad. Financially we've gone into the red for the first time during my reign which is a good thing. However, things are expected to get worse so we could do with a cup run in the FA Cup next season. Graham Golds left his position as assistant manager as I terminated his non-contract deal. The initial response for a new assistant hasn't given us any great candidates so I'm currently assistantless.

I saw haha :D. Useless manager. I'm hopeful I can put together a strong enough squad for the new campaign. Could lose some key players though so it could be interesting.

Here's hoping you can! I'm sure I'll find out how well you do via the cheeky leader boards :cool:

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2015-2016 Season

Pre-Season

Board Expectations & Media Predictions

Vanarama Conference South: Top Half Finish

Media Prediction: 9th

Title Odds: 150-1

FA Cup: Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: First Round

Transfers

The board kindly stuck to their provisional budgets when they officially announced the budgets which meant I could get started on trying to strengthen the squad and bring in players who I felt could make a difference. My staff found and recommended a number of good players and as I tried to bring them in on trial to see how they would fit in with the team, I soon found out that not many of them were interested. I also had the issue of players accepting contracts with other clubs despite me offering them what I thought were good terms. Despite this we've still seen a lot of action in terms of player arrivals and departures. Incoming we have seen 11 players arrive whilst outgoing we have seen 10 players depart the club. Ideally I would have liked to have kept some of the players who have departed Clarence Park but that's the life of a non league football club.

Outgoing we saw the following players depart the club;

Cameron Lancaster - The former Spurs youngster refused to open talks regarding a new contract. Despite being inconsistent last season he was still one of our best players and I was disappointed to see him leave on a free. As you can he's joined parent club Grimsby.

Danny Green - Mr Versatile. Danny is a handy player for a non league club. Unfortunately he wasn't good enough for any of the positions and due to him moaning a couple of times towards the end of the season about lack of first team football I felt it was best for all parties if he left.

Darren Locke - Darren was always a back up member of the team. I don't think he played a game for me since I took over last season so it was best for all parties if he left.

Jamal Lowe - Jamal has one thing that lower league clubs love, pace. Unfortunately he didn't use it to good effect last season. In the league last season he contributed to just 3 goals in 25 appearances. That's assists and goals. Despite this he fancied doubling his wages to over £500 to sign a new deal. I was interested so I allowed him to leave where he's joined Crawley who are in League Two.

James Kaloczi - James was actually my third choice centre half and I wanted to keep him. I did offer him new non-contract terms when Gloucester offered him a contract but he decided that he was best off moving to pastures new.

Jay Dowie - I liked Jay as a player and he offered us a lot. Unfortunately the big dogs of the league came calling and offered him what I can only imagine were better non-contract terms.

John Kyriacou - Another who moaned about his lack of first team football towards the back of last season. Being on £350 per week and not making an appearance since I took over, it was a no brainer to allow him to leave.

Michael Malcolm - Michael never really impressed in the chances he was given last season so with him coming towards the end of his contract I felt it was best to allow him to leave.

Sam Corcoran - Sam is a good player. Unfortunately he got sent off too many times in a short space of time. Off the top of my head he was sent off three times in a short space of games through second yellows. At the time he picked up his third red he had only received four yellows. I planned not to use him again but injuries meant he played. He was fined many times last season so I'll happily allow him to leave.

Steve Wales - Steve just wasn't of the desired quality for the coming season due to his age. Therefore I allowed him to leave at the end of his contract.

Incoming transfers were;

Jonathan-Pierre Jones - The former West Brom youngster should hopefully be a good signing for this level and hopefully he'll provide us with some goals. He'll probably start the season as first choice.

Paul Rodgers - The former Arsenal youngster has slowly dropped down the leagues. A fairly local lad he should provide good competition with Howard Hall for the right back berth with Rodgers just shading it for the time being.

James Reid - The former Forest youngster has been plying his trade in the East Midlands since his release from the mighty reds. Most notably with Ilkeston. Another good option to have on the wing whether it be right or left.

Jordan Goddard - The youngster joins us on a free from Leamington. He'll provide us with another option in the middle of the park.

George Cleet - The youngster joins from Brighton. He's cheap, has height which coupled with good potential should see him be a useful back up option for the season.

Lee Bates - This 15 year old was recommended to me by his agent towards the back end of last season. As soon as he was I was interested. I've had to wait for him to arrive but I'm sure he'll be a great option for us already. Already considered to be one of my best central midfielders.

Liam Enver-Marum - The 27 year old is signed from Basingstoke on a free transfer. Not initially one of my first choices but when I realised he was interested I worked hard to get him to join. Scored a few against us last season as he notched 8 in 26 league games. Hopefully he can repeat that form this season.

Luke Pigden - Despite being rated as a better left midfielder by my scouts and staff. I'm planning on using Luke as part of my three man central midfield for the coming season. Had a good season for Kingstonian last season getting nine assists in thirty-four games. Hopefully he can make the step up and do the same again this season. Has the added benefit of being good at penalties, corners and free-kicks.

Curtis Haynes-Brown - A left back signed from Lowestoft on a free. Will provide good competition for Lee Chappell for the left back spot whilst having the ability to fill in at centre back if needed. Much like Chappell he's armed with a long throw which could come in handy this season.

Sam Collins - Another option as cover for the right or left wing. Signed from Concord Rangers where he had an ok season last year.

Mike Symons - The experienced front man signed from Worcester where he got 8 goals in 20 odd appearances last season. Much like Enver-Marum, hopefully he can repeat that form this season.

Backroom Staff

The backroom staff saw a few changes as

Simon Lane(Chief Scout), Steve Bateman(Head Physio) and Arran Southgate(HoYD) were replaced by Anthony Riviere(HoYD), Danny Knowles(Scout) and Ken Oram(Coach). Unfortunately I've not been able to hire an assistant manager yet as there have been no suitable candidates. I would like to promote Mick HHalsall but he's not interested in renewing his contract yet.

Pre-Season Results

Pre-Season%20Results%202015-16_zpsj3nccpnm.png

We started off our pre-season with a good win against Chesham. This game was followed by a three match winless streak against Bristol City, Kettering and Dulwich Hamlet. In the Bristol City match we took the lead but their quality showed through but we can be proud of the way we played. The two games against the other non-league sides were close games so I'm fairly pleased with the runout we got from these games. A confident performance at home to parent club Grimsby meant I was getting a little confident with our preparations and that they were good. We wrapped up pre-season with a 1-1 draw at Bishops Stortford. A game which we bossed from start to finish we just couldn't finish our chances.

Finances

Financially we're just over £11,000 in the black. The board have also allowed me to start taking my National B Licence.

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2015-2016 Season

August

Results

We started off the season with a good win against Gosport. New signing Jonathan-Pierre Jones scored before the two minute mark. Unfortunately by 23 minutes he'd picked up a thigh injury which would rule him out for three months. Mike Symons got himself a hat-trick as it was a day for the new boys. A solid 2-0 win against Bath continued the good start before two draws and a defeat cost us as we moved slightly down the table. A strong 3-1 win for a back up team ensured we ended the month strongly.

Result%20August%202015_zpsc2v0xakz.png

League Table

Vanarama%20Conference%20South%20-%20August%202015_zpsqbmzjnwm.png

We ended the month fifth and in the play-offs despite the three match winless run.

In other news. Phil Starkey left the club whilst Bobby Davison joined assistant manager.

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2015-2016 Season

September

Results

We started off the month with two draws in even games. Our third game of the month saw us narrowly lose to Wealdstone 2-1 despite us being the better side. An entertaining game against Oxford City saw them run out winners and whilst I'm annoyed to lose we did well to come back from 4-1 down at half-time. We ended up finishing the month with two games against Chesham. We couldn't dispatch them away from home and needed a replay. In the replay we led for about 40 minutes before they scored late on. Luckily for us Manny Soetan scored a stoppage time winner to send us through we will face Tring.

Results%20Sept%202015_zpsvfsplroa.png

League Table

In the league we sit in a respectable 10th and just four points off the play-offs. I'll take that after a winless month in the league.

Vanarama%20Conference%20South-%20Sept%202015_zpswgj2abaq.png

John Frendo decided to leave the club. He'd stayed at the club on a month to month basis despite his contract expiring in the summer. He moaned a few times about lack of first team football. I gave him some game time but after this he kicked up a fuss again and decided he should leave.

I decided to see what other opportunities were out there. I decided to apply for the Bradford City role who were near the bottom of League Two. Unfortunately the interview process was over and I was rejected.

Bradford%20Job%20Rejection_zps8s37hhzy.png

The Dagenham & Redbridge role came up as well and with them mid-table in the Conference that also interested me. Once again though for another reason they rejected my interest.

Dag%20amp%20Red%20Job%20Application_zpsplobbjjk.png

Dag%20amp%20Red%20Rejection_zpsmw7kteuz.png

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2015-2016 Season

October

Results

We started off October with a 3-3 draw against one of the title favourites in Ebbsfleet. They were the better side and took the lead after 10 minutes. We equalised on 22 before Ebbsfleet regained the lead on 37. That lead was shortlived as we managed to pull level just before half-time. Despite Ebbsfleet's dominance we took the lead on 63. Danny Kedwell scored a penalty for Ebbsfleet on 86 minutes to ruin what would have been a great win for us. Our second match of the month saw us face Tring. We were comfortable throughout and Tring didn't managed to register a shot until about 70 minutes. We progressed to the next round where we will face Cirencester. Havant & Waterlooville presented our next opposition and whilst we again weren't the better side we found ourselves two up after 60 minutes. Bradley Bubb pulled one back for them in 62 and I thought we'd hold on until the end. Unfortunately for us Mitch Harding had other ideas and scored a 8 minute brace with goals on 82 and 90 give them the win. Whitehawk were next up and it was a fairly boring game. We didn't create enough chances whilst Whitehawk squandered theirs. Luke Pigden scored a 94th minute penalty to give us the win. Cirencester were our opposition in the next round of the FA Cup and we comfortably dispatched them with a 2-0 win. This gave us a tie at home to Rochdale which would also be selected for television and boosting our coffers by £70k. Our final two games of the month were boring draws against Basingstoke and Hayes & Yeading.

October%202015%20Results_zpszibz82fd.png

League Table

We finished the month in 11th but still only four points off the play-offs.

Vanarama%20Conference%20South%20-%20Oct%202015_zpsvjrej47d.png

Due to a lack of form from my strikers we saw three join the ranks. Those were Ben Mackey who joined from St Neots on non-contract terms. Ben's a good option having scored 186 goals in 318 league games over his career. Elyon Marshall-Katung joined the club on a free transfer until the end of the season. He already looks good enough to play for us and is also fairly cheap. Joe Ward was the final player to join us as he also joins on a free until the end of the season.

Over the course of October we received some good and bad news depending on what way you looked at it. The board decided to increase the percentage of player sales retained .

I decided to apply for the Blackpool job to which my interest was laughed off. They then confirmed that I had been unsuccessful in my application. This forced the board to express their disappointment with my decision and asked me to apologise or resign. I apologised and was informed that my apology was accepted.

We drew Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Trophy Qualifying Round and I was asked whether I would like to play extra-time after the first game if need be or to go a replay. Not fancying the possibility of a replay should it come to that I accepted extra-time only for our opposition to reject it.

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2015-2016 Season

November

Results

We started off with a trip to another of the league favourites in Aldershot. Despite them being the better side for most of the game we managed to get the only goal of the game on 18 minutes. The ball scrambled around the box before the 16 year old fired in from about 18 yards. Rochdale were next and we had no chance of winning this according to the bookies. Rochdale were the better side and managed to come away with a 1-0 win. The TV money was more important as it helped move to over £100k in the black. A win and draw followed as we easily beat Staines. Unfortunately we couldn't beat Tonbridge though. Rivals Hemel Hempstead were next and we took an early lead as Spaniard Alfred Bosch put us in front. At half-time we were one up and I decided to tell the players they could play better. Unfortunately this backfired as Hemel Hempstead ran riot in the second half as they scored four goals. Our final game of the month was a 2-1 loss against Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Trophy.

Results%20Nov%202015_zpsasqqqndd.png

The Hemel Hempstead result really infuriated me to the point where I criticised all players who played and fined a couple of them. This backfired on me and resulted in squad morale dropping and a number of players kicking up a fuss. Ishmel Demontnagac being the key culprit. The players didn't like me picking on him and ultimately that was the game I lost the dressing room.

League Table

We climbed one place in the league to 10th but found ourselves fall one point off the play-offs.

Vanarama%20Conference%20South%20-%20Nov%202015_zpslwpnheds.png

Throughout the month of November I had my first two teams approach me with interviews without me applying for the jobs. They were Finn Harps and Leamington. I decided to attend both interviews just to see if I could force the St Albans board into giving me some improvements. Unfortunately it didn't prompt a response. Finn Harps didn't offer me the job after the interview but Leamington did. They were only willing to offer £300 per week and not the £500 I wanted so talks broke down.

Macclesfield sacked their manager so I decided to chuck my name into the hat for that job. Unfortunately nothing came of that. The board were once again disappointed and offered me another ultimatum.

Board%20Ultimatum_zpspxeuszmv.png

St_albans.png

St Albans City FC

2015-2016 Season

Daly Leaves St Albans

Resigning_zps2dpvjtvv.png

I felt that it was easiest to resign from my role especially considering I had lost the dressing room and had already been given one ultimatum. My time in charge of St Albans was enjoyable but I guess my ambition got the better of me. My record was that bad and we did well through phases but also bad through others. Mark Bonnar, my under 18s assistant manager took over as caretaker.

27/10/2014 - 29/11/2015

St%20Albans%20History_zps0mqqb8yi.png

Unemployed

2015-2016 Season

I didn't want to be unemployed for long so I decided to throw my name into the hat for as many jobs as possible. There was a number of clubs who laughed off my interest when I applied for the role. They were Albacete, Chesterfield, Burton Albion and Coleraine. I received notification that I had been unsuccessful with the Macclesfield role and CA Bastia also rejected my interest.

There was some positives as Bala sacked their manager and I was one of the favourites for the role. They appointed a caretaker so I expressed my interest to which they were flattered. Nothing came of it for whatever reason. I applied for the Braintree role and they were considering my interest but as I had another option they eventually rejected my interest.

I applied for the Sutton United role, was offered an interview but unfortunately I wasn't offered a contract.

The role that gave me the most success was Worcester City. I applied for the job and not only was I offered an interview, but I was also offered the job.

Worcester%20Job%20Application_zpspnhb8jpv.png

Worcester%20Flattered_zpsqxjtsbhc.png

Worcester%20Interview_zpsgsyozoxt.png

Worcester%20Job%20Offer_zps8shl7zxz.png

Worcester%20Contract_zpshfvmeope.png

338695d1367839746-brackley-road-premier-league-glory-19082009091706_261547581.gif

Worcester City FC

2015-2016 Season

Vanarama Conference North

January 10th 2016

aggborough.jpg

Aggborough

Upon taking over the club were languishing in 17th place just four points above the relegation zone. The board had highlighted that they wanted a mid-table finish as a minimum which I felt was respectable considering there was a media prediction of 7th for the start of the season. The club had one that previous game before I took charge but before that they hadn't won in 6 games in all competitions. Shortly after taking over I got news of me passing my National B Licence which is a massive plus. The board decided that budgets would be tight and I'd actually have to reduce the wage budget before I could bring anyone in a pat-time contract. The finances when I took over weren't exactly great which meant I would have to try and be careful with every decision I made.

The first team squad had some recognisable names in it whilst the under 21s seemed to be our sicknote side and the under 18s didn't have many players to shout about. The four fit players from the under 21s were promoted to the first team to provide more options. Nathan Flynn was promoted from the under 18s to the first team to also provide cover.

338695d1367839746-brackley-road-premier-league-glory-19082009091706_261547581.gif

Worcester City FC

2015-2016 Season

January 2016

Results

My first game in charge was against to of the table Barrow. The media weren't predicting us to get anything from the game. I decided I'd look to encourage the players at all possibilities considering our position in the league. I felt that I wanted to play more of a possession based formation just like at St Albans so I wanted a slow and measured build to eventually get the goals. Despite bossing the game for most of the match and having 62% possession and 18 shots, it took us until the 89th minute as left winger Jordan Roberts put the ball into the net from about 10 yards. It was a lovely team goal and a fully justified win. Harrogate were our next opposition and we just didn't turn up. They were the better side throughout and got a goal to secure the win on 73 minutes. North Ferriby was our first away game of my spell and it was one to remember. Jordan Roberts put us ahead on 12 minutes before Nathan Jarman equalised for them on 27. Sam McMahon got our second on 53. Roberts got his 2nd and 3rd on 74 and 79 respectively which sandwiched North Ferriby's second on 76. Ross Stearn secured the win for us on 85 to complete an easy win in the end. An even game at Aggborough saw Marcus Marshall score on 20 before Sean Geddes equalised for us after 32 from the penalty spot. Jordan Roberts continued his good goalscoring form with his 4th in 4 games before Aaron Hayden got our third on 56. Had AFC Telford been a bit more clinical we could have been looking at a loss.

Jan%202016%20Results_zpshvgzpwp7.png

League Table

In the league we moved up two places to 15th as we claimed 9 points from a possible 12. I'd guess you'd say we sat firmly in mid-table considering we're 10 points off the play-offs and 9 ahead of the relegation spots.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20-%20Jan%202016_zpstkborkfw.png

New Arrivals

We saw four new arrivals at the club throughout January. On the playing front we saw Reece Turner(DRLC) join on loan for the rest of the season from QPR. As well as being able to cover anywhere across the back, he's also not costing anything in terms of wages. There was three staff arrivals as Ricky Ravenhill joined as a scout whilst Oshor Williams and Dominic Blizzard joined as under 18s manager and under 21s manager respectively.

Worcester City FC

2015-2016 Season

February 2016

Results

We started off the month we two away trips. The games were against Stalybridge and Ashton United. We got our first win of the month with a good 1-0 victory against Stalybridge. Next up was Ashton United where we drew 2-2. Our third and fourth games of the month saw us get another two wins. Unfortunately fixture congestion played apart in our final game as the players were still tired and we lost 2-0.

Feb%20Results%202016_zps1azijv5k.png

League Table

Despite the loss at the end of the month we've climbed to 11th in the league and just 6 points off the play-offs.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20-%20Feb%202016_zps9al67uzn.png

Danny Jackman was injured before the Bradford Park Avenue which means he'll miss the remainder of the season and will never play again as he's announced his retirement at the end of the season. I was named manager of the month for February after our good run of form. The board announced an increase the amount of coaches we're allowed. It now sees us able to have three on the books at any one time. Two players left the club as Joseph Zerafa and Bradley Reid both left the club after they terminated their contracts with the club. Both were on non-contract terms and had expressed their disappointment at not playing. Joe Quigley(STC) joined the club on loan until the end of the season.

Worcester City FC

2015-2016 Season

March 2016

Results

We started off March with a second successive defeat as we lost 2-1 away to Brackley. Jamie Lucas put us infront on 26 minutes in a tight affair. Unfortunately we didn't respond well after half-time as David Moyo scored two goals in five minutes to secure the win for them. Next up was Histon and what a day it was. Young 15 year old Jordon MacKenzie grabbed himself a brace with goals on 8 and 18 minutes to secure a comfortable victory for us. Solihull Moors away was our next visit and again we produced good display. Richard Taundry put the hosts in front on 13 minutes and when Sean Geddes got a straight red for a horrible tackle on 31 I decided to try and be clever. I changed our mentality and playing style to try and hit them on the counter. Despite being in the game for most of the match we still couldn't break down the door. Left winger Jordan Roberts finally pulled us level on 56 minutes before Sam McMahon came off the bench to score the winner on 78. Just four minutes after coming on for Jordon MacKenzie. Hednesford were our next visitors and it was a game in which they were the better side. Jordon MacKenzie got his third in three games as we took the lead. Unfortunately for us Samir Nabi equalised on 64 minutes. With the game looking like a draw, Liam Triggs converted a penalty with 6 minutes to go to give us the win. Boston United was our final game of the month and it was a drab affair. Much like the Bradford Park Avenue we just couldn't cope with the demands of two games in such a short space of time.

March%20Results%202016_zpsfts5pxoj.png

League Table

In the league we have climbed to 8th place and sit just three points off the play-offs with four games to go.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20-%20March%202016_zps6drokbup.png

Youth Candidates

A time many often look forward to and I was no exception. I didn't have any particular positions covered but it would be nice get a few players who may be able to offer something to the first team squad.

Here are our candidates:

Worcester%20City%20Youth%20Candidates%20-%202016_zpskmlteuup.png

All were offered contracts to bulk out our under 21s and under 18s and in need of an emergency, giving us some options. Of those that came through, here are the ones I'll be promoting to the first team with immediate effect.

Jordon MacKenzie - Has pace and doesn't look too shabby already. Finishing is a bit poor but if I can work on that I'm sure I'll have a good player on my hands. He has a slack personality which may cause some problems within the team. So I'll be trying to rectify this as soon as possible.

John Young - With the lack of solid back up keepers within the squad, John becomes number 2 instantly. I'm hoping he can improve and my staff reckon he can. Hopefully we'll see him fulfil his potential with Worcester.

Glyn Shepherd - The young right back is considered to be a good prospect by my staff and I certainly think so too. May not ever be first choice but he definitely has the chance to provide solid back up for us.

Adam Shenton - Much like Shepherd he could be a good alternative. Has the ability to play on the right side as well which is always a good bonus for a youngster trying to make the grade with a lower league side.

Barry Fitzharris - Primarily a centre back I'm excited by Fitzharris' potential. Has the potential to play anywhere across the back or in the centre of midfield. Like MacKenzie I can see Barry getting some game time before the end of the season.

Yeah I can't complain. Trevor Whing isn't actually a bad player but at 5 foot 9 he's too small for my liking as a centre half. I might look to retrain him possibly. Curtis Slater isn't a bad player either but his passing and vision is a bit off. But overall we've got lucky this season.

Worcester City FC

2015-2016 Season

April 2016

Results

We started off the month of April with a good solid win over Leamington. Jordan Roberts got us off the mark on 25 minutes before Jordon MacKenzie got our second just before half-time. Leamington were never really the in game but in the 82 minute they managed to put a spanner in the works by scoring a penalty. Luckily for us Jordon MacKenzie raced down the other end soon after to put us 3-1 up and out of sight. Our second game of the month was against Altrincham. Both sides battling it out for a play-off spot. Had we won we'd have jumped into the play-off places. Unfortunately for us we came up against an in form Danny Haynes. Haynes put them one up after 10 minutes and whilst we created more chances we were largely wasteful. Tom Beere equalised for us on 54 but Haynes got his second and third within the space of 6 minutes to all but seal our fate. Our next game was against already confirmed Champions, Barrow. I would class this game as a extremely dull game with neither side staking a claim for a win. On 81 minutes Danny Pilkington popped up with the winner for Barrow with their only shot on target to consign us to another defeat. It was important that we went out with a bang in our final league game of the season and Jordan Roberts ensured that. Having put us 1 up after just two minutes, I thought we would go onto comfortably win. Danny Crow had other ideas and converted his spot-kick on five minutes. Roberts grabbed his second on 27 but Erkan Okay got another Leamington equaliser just four minutes later. This was an even better feat considering Leamington had just had a man sent off on 28 minutes. We continued to pile shots at the Leamington goal but nothing worked. However, just before the hour mark Roberts got his hat-trick before Ross Stearn rounded off the win with a goal in stoppage time.

Apr%20Results%202016_zpsblalxvjy.png

League Table

We eventually finished the season in 7th place just five points off the play-offs. Had we not lost key games at key times during my spell we could have just scraped into the play-offs. All in all though I can't complain considering where we were when I took over.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20-%20End%20of%20Season_zpsexnmmdqj.png

Other News

James Smith decided that he'd had enough of not being selected in the first team and departed the club. I can understand why but he's not really good enough to play for us anyway.

Financially we're struggling and if things don't improve we could well struggle next season. The board announced the initial budgets and I have to say I am pleased with them.

Contract Renewals

I decided to open up talks with a number of players over the last couple of months of the season and most of them were successful. We also managed to get some of the players to take wage cuts in order to stay with the club. Nathan Vaughan(GK) and Liam Triggs(DR) both stepped down from part-time deals to non-contract deals. They're both good players but it will allow us some more freedom of the wage budget. Matt Richards(DM/MC), Tyler Weir(DL/DR/MC) and Sam Gainford(AMR/AML) all signed reduced non-contract terms whilst Joe Heath(DL), James Tunnicliffe(DC), Ross Stearn(AMR) and Jordan Roberts(AML) all signed new part-time contracts. Heath and Tunnicliffe on reduced terms.

Worcester City FC

2016-2017 Season

Pre-Season

Board Expectations & Media Predictions

Vanarama Conference North: Above Mid-Table/Top Half Finish

Media Prediction: 7th

Title Odds: 80-1

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: Second Round

Transfers

It's probably the same as most non-league football clubs but our pre-season on the transfer front was one of excitement and disappointment. I missed out on a number of players I felt would make a massive difference as I looked to build a squad that was capable of meeting the board's expectations or possibly bettering them. It was a busy time at Aggborough as we saw 16 players sign contract forms whilst 7 players departed the club.

Of the 7 departures throughout pre-season there was only one player who I would have liked to have kept. That player would have been Sean Geddes. Unfortunately for us he decided early on into my reign that he didn't want to stay as we couldn't meet his ambitions or demands. With that in mind he agreed to join Bristol Rovers a couple of weeks after the season end. The remaining six players were players who I felt hadn't done enough to earn new deals with the club. Those players were Sam McMahon, Wayne Thomas, Adi Yussuf, Ben Maund, James Lemon and Jamie Lucas. The latter kicking up a fuss when he was demoted to the under 21s.

I'm delighted with all 16 players that have arrived at the club and I feel that all of them were necessary. Some players have been signed for the under 21s and under 18s squads but as they have good potential they may get the odd game of first team football here and there. The arrivals were;

Alex Coleman - The 22 year old joins from recently promoted Rushall where he played in 34 games last season. Over the past two seasons he's played 68 games at an average rating of 7.60. Whilst he maybe on the small side for a centre half he has some good attributes for this level and deserves to be given a chance. He has also been announced as captain for the coming season.

Callum Howe - The former Scunthorpe youngster spent last season with Belper. He didn't have an amazing season but did ok. Hopefully around so called better players and in a better league he'll have a good season.

Connor Deards - The 23 year old also joined from newly promoted Rushall. Deards got 12 in 34 last campaign and whilst it's not the best return it's still a good one. Will mainly be used in a rotation option so if he can score 10 or so this season I'll be pleased with that.

Connor Hughes - The former Hyde man didn't have the best of seasons last year and he wasn't initially my first choice. However he's still young and isn't a bad player so he should hopefully provide some good competition for first choice left winger Jordan Roberts.

David Tutonda - I had been tracking the former Cardiff youngster for the past 6 months or so and wasn't sure whether to sign him. About half way through pre-season I decided to confirm the transfer. Despite being considered a better option than Joe Heath, David will have to fight for his place as Joe has done well over the past 6 months.

Dylan Richards - During the first couple of months of my spell in charge of Worcester, Danny Jackman filled the deep-lying playmaker role well and when he announced his retirement I was gutted. When Jackman was injured in February it left a big void in the side and it was one of my main priorities this summer. Not initially on my radar he was recommended to me by one of my staff. As he had been scouted previously he was already considered a good enough prospect. To avoid missing out on him I snapped him up immediately.

Greg Maguire - One of m,y first signings of the summer and another to be pleased with. Despite only being 16, Maguire has the potential to be a good player. His height is a worry if he's to play at centre half but being able to cover anywhere across the back is a bonus which will only help him.

Joe Lumley - With Nathan Vaughan wanting to reduce his contract forms I felt it was crucial to bring in a keeper on a part-time contract. Lumley was recommended, seemed able and signed. Will start the season as first choice but will have good competition from John Young, Nathan Vaughan and other new signing Liam Roberts.

Liam Roberts - Liam was signed on an emergency basis really. I don't feel that young John Young is ready to step up should Nathan Vaughan depart which I fully expect him to do.

Matthew Harris - Harris had spent the past two seasons at Halesowen where he scored 41 in 65. After seeing this I thought that he should be given a chance to prove himself at a higher level. He certainly has the ability to do so and my staff reckon he can as well.

Reece Hales - Halesowen don't really like me either. Hales scored 18 in 28 last season for them and he's another I felt deserved a chance. Hopefully he can go and get a similar amount this season.

Nathan Turner - Nathan is nothing more than back up. Able to fill either full back roles he's going to be mainly providing cover for our first choice right back Liam Triggs. Has a decent long throw so he could provide a threat with that as well.

Tom Brown - The former FC United man was my first choice target to come in as my new ball winning midfielder and replace Geddes. Unfortunately Brown was injured in one of first pre-season games and is out for two months. Not put off by that information I still pressed ahead with plans to sign him and hopefully he can repay the faith.

Tom Strain - The young Australian has spent most of his career at Villa and didn't really do much there. He's mainly been signed as a back up option should we get hit by a number of injuries to our striking department.

Godwin Abadaki - Much like Strain, Godwin has only been brought in for an emergency. A good option to have if needed.

Daniel Seliearts - Daniel has signed from Newcastle Town is still young and one for the future. A bit rough around the edges but has the potential. He won't get much game time this season but he could find himself as third choice next season if he's still here.

Results

Our pre-season fixtures were made up of local teams around us. We started off with a solid 3-1 win at home to Stourport before Wolves came to Aggborough. Wolves showed their class with a 4-0 win against us but we can be pleased with how we played overall. Two more wins against Black Country Rangers and Redditch saw us continue our good pre-season form. A good draw against TNS who were the better side followed before we finished with a less than impressive 2-1 victory against Cradley.

Pre-Season%20Results_zpscqy0xfq6.png

Backroom Staff

We saw two new arrivals join our backroom staff. One being a familiar face. Craig Disley joins as Head of Youth Development as he replaces Jamie Kessell. Danny Jackman has rejoined the club as a Scout. Initially when he announced he would retire at the end of the season I managed to get him to sign a pre-contract agreement to become Chief Scout. Unfortunately the board blocked this decision when his playing contract expired as they felt we didn't need another Chief Scout. When his contract expired he was interested in coming back in a scouting role so I happily agreed to sign him. After two unsuccessful adverts for the role of Assistant Manager, Oshor Williams has been promoted from his position as Under 18s Manager to Assistant Manager. It now leaves us without an Under 18s Manager but I'm confident we'll find a suitable replacement. The reason for Oshor's promotion is due to John McDermott leaving at the end of his contract. Simon Ward also left his role as Physio and he has been replaced by Duncan Russell.

Other News

From the end of the season the board have had to inject £140k into the club's coffers in order to help us run. This just covers the clubs losses of £130k for the past season. The board also announced a new kit sponsorship of £7.5k which stays the same as the previous kit sponsorship. The League TV Rights also came in and we will receive £7.5k for these as well. James Tunnicliffe was announced as Fans Player of the Year with a staggering 59% worth of the votes. The board allowed us to have a trial day during pre-season but it didn't really prove successful. The board also agreed to allow me to try and complete my National A Badge Licence.

Finances_zpswwd6jl9b.png

Worcester City FC

2016-2017 Season

August

Results

We started off the season against the team we finished against last season. Despite us being the better team, Lowestoft took the lead on 16. On 36, new signing Reece Hales got us level before Lowestoft scored 7 minutes later. On the stroke of half-time we won a penalty which was converted by Liam Triggs. We continued to pepper the Lowestoft goal but couldn't find a third. Luckily for us with 6 minutes to go, other new signing Matthew Harris gave us the lead and all three points. Altrincham at home awaited us in our next game and I was scared it would be the Danny Haynes show again. We kept him and Altrincham quiet until 41st minute when a well worked move saw a cross come in from the right hand side and Haynes was there to head the ball into the net. I must have rallied the players up for the second half with my teamtalk as we come out the blocks fast. Reece Hales grabbing his second goal of the season to equalise. Altrincham were the better side throughout and should have won but we managed to hold on to gain a good point. Hednesford away awaited us for our third game of the season and three goals in 10 minutes. 2 for them and 1 for us saw us play out an entertaining 2-1 victory for them. Stockport County away was next up and we couldn't have wished for a better start. New signing Ryan Pace put us in front after 5 minutes. I made the mistake of listening to my assistant and that let Stockport back into the game and they scored a goal on 58 to level before grabbing the winner on 75. Bradford Park Avenue was our final game of the month. An even game saw the visitors break the deadlock on 69 minutes. In an effort to try and grab one back we conceded late on to end the month on a poor note.

August%20Results%202016_zpsqulkscjj.png

League Table

We ended the month in 17th place but just three points off the play-offs in a tight league.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20August%202016_zpsydbjqvy6.png

We saw two more players arrive at the club before the end of the month and they were Danny Meadows and Ryan Pace. I'd been tracking them both since January and I'm especially delighted to get Pace as he's rejected me twice. Mark Gower joined as the new Under 18s Manager whilst the board announced an increase to transfer revenue retained.

Worcester City FC

2016-2017 Season

September

Results

We started off the month of September with a solid win against Ashton United. Whilst we only got the one goal. Which came after 11 minutes from Jordan Roberts. We were in control from start to finish and limited Ashton United to just two shots all game. Nuneaton at home followed and it was a boring game. We only had one shot on target and that was from our goal scored by Reece Hales on 33 minutes. Nuneaton equalised from the penalty spot on 49 to give a point for both sides. Brackley away and it was another defeat. We were never really in the game and Brackley were two up with 30 minutes to go. Jordan Roberts managed to pull one back on 67 but we couldn't find the equaliser. Against Gloucester we were the better side and Reece Hales got himself a brace with goals on 35 and 57 minutes. Our final game of the month was against Altrincham in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round. We never really showed up and Damian Reeves got their first just before the hour mark. Alex Peterson confirmed the win with a second 10 minutes before time.

Sept%202016%20Results_zpsstcaqd1q.png

League Table

In the league we've managed to climb upto 10th and we now sit just three points off the play-offs in a league that is still tight.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20Sept%202016_zps3x8rkz8y.png

With my promise to the board now over I decided to chance my arm at the Crawley job. They're currently bottom of League Two.

Crawley%20Job%20Application_zpsk3om0ynh.png

The Crawley board must have had a good laugh at my expense :(.

Crawley%20laugh%20off%20interest_zpswtpskkvt.png

This in turn upset the Worcester board who were disappointed with my application for the Crawley job.

Worcester%20Board%20Disappointed_zpscxrqon4e.png

Worcester City FC

2016-2017 Season

October

Results

We started off the month with a trip to local rivals Tamworth. Reece Hales continued his good form to put us ahead after four minutes. Unfortunately it was only downhill from there. Nathan Blissett(Think he's a relation to Luther) scored his first goal of the season on 22 minutes. Blissett then grabbed his second on 39 with Joe Leesley scoring Tamworth's third on 44. In the second half Tamworth were just playing for fun and they wrapped up a comfortable win when Blissett grabbed his hat-trick with 15 minutes to go. Stalybridge were up next for us at home and it was a game in which we had more chances but once again our finishing let us down. Young midfielder Ryan Pace put us in front on 55 minutes before Sam Staunton-Turner scored for Celtic just four minutes. The game ended at 1-1. Another game and another failure to put away our chances. Guiseley were our opponents and we had the better chances. But when you're down, you're down and Steve Barkworth scored the winner the second minute of stoppage time to make it four games without a win. We faced North Ferriby at home in our next game and the 3-0 win flatters us slightly. North Ferriby missed their chances and we put three of our four chances on target in the back of the net. Jordan Roberts got our first on 43 to send us into half-time one up. Ross Stearn and Reece Hales scored within the space of a minute just after half-time to put us comfortably in the lead. Trevor Whing did his best to give Ferriby a chance as he picked up two yellows in the space of five minutes. With no recognised centre-half on the bench, striker Reece Hales was moved to centre half and we narrowed how we played. It worked a treat and we saw the game out to gain a valuable three points and an impressive clean sheet. Top of the table Boston United were our next opponents and we gave a good account of ourselves. Boston took the lead on 12 minutes through Shaun Neal. However, just two minutes later and we'd won a penalty. With me forgetting to check is new signing Louie Theophanous could take penalties, left back Joe Heath stepped to comfortably dispatch it. Theophanous made an immediate impact as he put us infront on 18 minutes after the ball bounced around Boston's area. The game was end to end and Boston replied near enough straight away as Jamie Douglas grabbed his first. 7 minutes later he got his second and Boston were leading 3-2 at half-time. Theophanous got his second on 61 minutes which again drew us level. With the game looking like it might end in a draw, Douglas broke our hearts as he grabbed his hat-trick with an 82 minute strike.

Oct%20Results%202016_zpsp9q5xkka.png

League Table

In the league we've slipped 16th and just three points above the relegation spots. The form is disappointing and I was hoping we would be challenging for promotion this season.

Vanarama%20Conference%20North%20Oct%202016_zpssdglczen.png

The board announced a decrease to the transfer revenue retained whilst Connor Deards left the club after kicking up a fuss about his lack of first team football. I'm sad to see him leave but he hadn't really justified more game time in the appearances he had made for the club. Crawley confirmed that my application had been unsuccessful whilst a couple of the squad expressed their feelings about my management of the team. Alex Coleman was all but ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious viral infection.

Don't play FM anymore, but still don't mind popping in from the EHM forum. :p

Good luck with Wooster. And good to see you're still applying for jobs left and right when you have no chance of getting any one of them. Not a NF thread without that. :lol:

Worcester City FC

2016-2017 Season

November

The month of November was one to forget. We started off with a home game against Corby who didn't really provide us which much trouble. However, Elliott Chamberlain got what turned out to be the winner on 32 minutes as we once again failed to convert chances. After the match the board called a meeting to discuss the performance and I told the board it was the player's fault. They were happy with my reasoning but I knew now my time would be up if we didn't start getting the results.

Meeting%20to%20Discuss%20Confidence_zps9b6gbq1e.png

Matthew Harris expressed his concern at a lack of first team football and I did nothing to persuade him to stay. He decided to pack his bags and off he went.

There was a 12 day wait before our next game at home to Chorley. Andrew Teague put the visitors in front before our keeper John Young scored from a free-kick just before half-time. I had decided to give him free-kick duties due to him being one of the best at the club and he didn't let me down. Our inability to put our chances away again cost us as Chorley got a late winner in the 85th minute through Chris Rose.

The board called another meeting and I knew it wasn't going to be good. I tried to tell them our fixtures had been tough and they weren't having any of it. I begged them to keep me in charge but they decided enough was enough and sacked me.

Board%20Request%20Meeting_zps3am0xnc0.png

Worcester%20sack%20Daly_zpsb2x2wmk5.png

Here is my managerial career to date. I forgot to get a screenshot of my full reign in charge so it's just an overall.

Manager%20History%20to%20Date_zps8cwucizf.png

My spell at Worcester begin and finished inside 308 days. It's a shame but with the form we was in it was to be expected.

10/01/2016 - 13/11/2016

Unemployed

2016-2017 Season

After my sacking by Worcester I was quick to get back in the saddle and would have taken any role that was offered to me. I wasn't out of employment for long but I did have to cast the net far and wide to be considered for roles. I think my reputation in England is slightly tarnished for the time being so I think I may need to move abroad. I applied for nine roles during my 'holiday' and of those nine roles, two clubs expressed a major interest in me. I'll start off by explaining which clubs rejected me first though. Those clubs were;

Ancona - They actually laughed off my interest. I can see why they did it but I'm a good manager. Honest!

Ards - I was hopeful of getting something from this and reckon I may have done had they not finished the interview process before I chucked my application in.

Bilbao Athletic - Much like Ancona they weren't really interested in me and immediately laughed off my interest.

Regensburg - My reputation must be tarnished as they also laughed off my interest.

Savona - The fourth team to laugh off my interest. I only want a job :(.

Southend United - Southend also laughed off my interest.

Lincoln City - They considered my interest but I wasn't first choice. Due to other clubs showing more of an interest in me I was turned down for this role.

That leaves me with the two clubs who showed a major interest in me. The first was Finn Harps in Ireland. They invited me for an interview.

Finn%20Harps%20Interview_zpsnecnp06f.png

I must have impressed them as they offered me the job. The initial offer was £210 per week on a part-time deal until December 2017. I managed to get them to agree to pay me £250 per week. I decided to delay the offer for a week just incase anything else came along.

That something else did come along and it was an offer from a club in Italy. I only put my application in because the club was in dire financial straits and I didn't think any sane manager would be interested and I could possibly be the best they could get.

Casertana%20Interview_zpsc9ipbty4.png

Again I must have impressed in Italy as I was offered originally offered a full-time £725 per week contract until the summer of 2017. I managed to get the board to agree to pay me £750. Again due to me wanting to see what was out there I decided to delay.

Finn Harps actually offered me the role three times and on the third attempt they rejected my request to delay again for another week. This meant I turned their offer down. When Casertana offered me the job for the second time I accepted it just incase they rejected the delay for a third time and withdrew the offer completely. I accepted their offer and joined the club on the 11th December 2016.

Casertana%20Offer%202_zpsoplchuqk.png

I would say I've landed on my feet and I'm hopeful I can turn their fortunes around whilst rebuilding my career. It's not going to be easy but I'm going to give it my best shot. I have six months to improve the club's fortunes. I would like to stay longer but we'll have to see how the next six months go.

Good luck in Casertana!

In FM14 i was once hired to Piacenza in Serie C and after doing well with them for 4 seasons, i landed a job at Inter Milan.

So, tour in Italy can be a lot of fun and it can also get your career going :thup:

edit:

That save is actually the reason why my current manager character is Italian, that was a fun save to play :)

Archived