Searching for details about "teamwork" and "decisions"

Hi,

I'm looking for a good thread or resources about how "teamwork" and "decisions" can help me both with strikers (what a good decisions rating means for a striker both on and off the ball) and defensive players (how they determine who closes down an attacker)

can anyone help? all i've ever seen on teamwork is "likelihood to follow instructions". not really helpful:) i dont want players to follow my instructions, i want them to determine who is best to close down an opposition player, and to help each other out.

i want to know if i should be looking for good teamwork stats, or decisions and positioning?

thanks!

Teamwork- runs they make to create space for team mates. Links with work rate too.

Decision- shoot or pass? Shoot hard or place? Where should I aim? Should I chip the 'keeper? The decisions attribute determines whether the striker (or any player) will make the correct choice.

Positioning is for defenders and defensive situations- don't use it for strikers.

Work rate, stamina, determination and team work are good for closing down, decisions would presumably interlock with them.

but what does teamwork mean in terms of a defender or defensive midfielder? does it mean

a) they will stick to their instructions or

b) they will help out a "team"mate if necessary?

assuming i have creative freedom as high as it can go, will players with high teamwork be more likely to help out?

i'm thinking of situations where nobody is closing down a player, will players with high teamwork get in there to help out the team?

...sorry.... and is there NOWHERE a resource explaining each attribute? this seems strange....

i know there are loads of threads saying "for this position, you need these attributes" - but i want to learn about what each attribute really does then make up my own mind:)

thanks

I agree that the attributes aren't really very well documented. I'm wondering if SI have done that intentionally, because I think in reality, saying what makes a good player is a bit of an abstract art. Then again, how do the FM researchers do it?

I would take teamwork literally as a player's ability to co-ordinate with another. So, in defensive terms that would be situations where someone is closing down and another moves into a position to cover him; a more common situation would be the entire back line stepping up together to play the offside trap.

I wouldn't bother with teamwork for defenders, just because Alessandro Nesta seems to get by fine without it.

Archived