Team meeting

Does anyone know if the dialog choices in team meetings is based on results alone?

I ask because my all conquering team is so out of form that we look more like a non-league team. I called a meeting and said that we had done alright lately, but that we are able to do so much better. Boom, I have a player rebellion on my hands.

My players are mad because they think that they have done really well. Morale goes out the window and I have to answer questions about team morale in the press. Board are not that happy either.

Thing is, they are sort of correct. We have done well if you only count results.

8 wins and 1 draw in the league. 2 wins and a draw in the Champions League, a win and a defeat in the league cup. However if you look behind the results it tells a different story.

We have been winning by late goals and turning 1-0 deficits into 2-1 wins. Last season any team in the league was lucky if they managed to get 2-3 finishes a game, this season they regularly get more finishes then me, and dominate play against my team that can hardly string 2 passes together. In short we have been really lucky to get the results that we have. Hence the team talk.

Well...yeah what did you expect? :p

I mean the guys are undefeated in their league with only one draw so how much better could they do? Probably you're not seeing the football youd like but that's a different story...

Well...yeah what did you expect? :p

I mean the guys are undefeated in their league with only one draw so how much better could they do? Probably you're not seeing the football youd like but that's a different story...

Well they could start putting games to bed before the 90th minute for one. And maybe go back to having 60% possession instead of 45%.

I accept that I made a mistake. I just wondered if anyone had an idea of the criteria that are behind the choices. And i feel that basing it on results alone is a bit simplistic.

Well they could start putting games to bed before the 90th minute for one. And maybe go back to having 60% possession instead of 45%.

I accept that I made a mistake. I just wondered if anyone had an idea of the criteria that are behind the choices. And i feel that basing it on results alone is a bit simplistic.

FM's interactions lack that type of context and is very black and white. There is limited scope for what you're looking for as the game can't identify things of a subjective nature - it wouldn't be able to identify Van Gaal's current United team winning 'poorly', since it focuses mostly on the attribute side of things. Sometimes they match up, sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's what we see that doesn't 'work' yet the statistics say it's working perfectly.

Anyway for team meetings and player interactions, it becomes easier to deal with and manage more organically when you know the prime figure that will affect the basis of the discussion, in your case, that's results and not the actual performances.

What I get annoyed at is that I can't call a team meeting anytime I like. We lost four games in a row and I wanted to call a team meeting to give them a pasting outside of the post-game dressing room environment, and I'm told there isn't a sufficient reason to call a team meeting. FFS, we just lost four games on the trot, and I can't call a meeting. I would of thought that sort of thing would be totally under the control of the manager, but it seems some faceless man is telling me otherwise.

What I get annoyed at is that I can't call a team meeting anytime I like. We lost four games in a row and I wanted to call a team meeting to give them a pasting outside of the post-game dressing room environment, and I'm told there isn't a sufficient reason to call a team meeting. FFS, we just lost four games on the trot, and I can't call a meeting. I would of thought that sort of thing would be totally under the control of the manager, but it seems some faceless man is telling me otherwise.
IIRC, you'd be able to after 5 games.

Archived