Board Too Jumpy!

Hi all,

So, I'm managing Novara in the Lega Pro in Italy and I managed to get 3 Million in debt, I thought ok, I will sell some players come the next transfer opening to generate some influx of cash. But, just as the same day the next transfer window opened, I get a message from the board stating that my player wages will be cut blah blah. So now I'm 1 million over player salaries and have no hope of picking players from Bosman! Also Selling players now is not an option as I just renewed their contracts so no one would want them and my squad is pretty thin. Heck it took Parma to get 100 million in debt to declare bankruptcy, so what gives with such a jumpy board?

Well for a start you haven't been declared bankrupt.

All they've done is cut the wage budget due to the debt which is perfectly reasonable.

TBH if you are £1m over your wage budget you've clearly not been managing the finances very well so far.

TBH if you are £1m over your wage budget you've clearly not been managing the finances very well so far.

This is true but why such drastic measures as to cut 2.5 million off my player wages, do they not have faith in me that I can turn things around, as we're almost in serie "B"

This is true but why such drastic measures as to cut 2.5 million off my player wages, do they not have faith in me that I can turn things around, as we're almost in serie "B"

Boards don't see that in FM they only see the black & white of the finances and reduce/increase the budgets according to how much profit/loss you've made in previous seasons.

TBH even if you are promoted to Serie B how much additional income would you earn over the next season? Chances are it wouldn't be significant so if they let you continue as you are you would be much deeper in debt in a years time.

Boards don't see that in FM they only see the black & white of the finances and reduce/increase the budgets according to how much profit/loss you've made in previous seasons.

TBH even if you are promoted to Serie B how much additional income would you earn over the next season? Chances are it wouldn't be significant so if they let you continue as you are you would be much deeper in debt in a years time.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I was hoping to pick up some Bosmans in the transfer window, and when I reached Serie B, I would sell some of my star players as there is a good chunk of money to be made when we get there.

Archived