Dave's World Tour 2015

Vipertitan

Ards_Rangers_badge_zps3flqbcpv.jpg

History of the Club

Ards Rangers is a Northern Irish football club playing in the Premier Division of the Northern Amateur Football League. The club was formed in 1949 and plays at Drome Park, Newtownards. Ards Rangers were admitted into the Amateur League in 1962. Their manager is Lee Forsythe, who is currently the Young Northern Ireland manager of the Year (2009)

Club Profile - spent most the time in the lower leagues of Northern Ireland.

General Info will be looking to beat likes of abby villa, comber rec and Ards as they are our rivals.

Manager Profile- Handsome chap me like ha gone for a 4 2 3 1 formation I will be use 4 4 2 as well as a formation.

Facilities- Fairly Basic but hopefully it will improve before I leave.

Squad- Most of the looks fairly poor hopefully I can rebuild it.

Finances- with most of the squad on Amuter contracts hopefully this will help.

Game Set-up

I've loaded just the Northern Irish leagues, with extra players from all continents.

My Aims

so my first aim is to bring success to Ards Rangers. and try and enjoy this save as much as I hope You like Looking at My thread Thanks for taking time to reading this.

• 4 weeks later...

Ards Rangers - Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2015/16

In my first season in management , my aim was to put a squad together that was capable of avoiding relegation and try and play attractive football that the fans would like.

League Table -

Past positions - I'm happy with that. We managed to win the title with being odds on favourite to be relegated. I'm happy with that. We managed to win the title with being odds on favourite to be relegated.

Irish Cup - I knew that we would not win this but cup run would of been nice.

Sons and Steel Cup - I wanted to try new formation in this cup and seam to pay off we went all way and won the competition.

Intermediate Cup -i played the fringe players in this and did ok.

League Cup -i was not expecting to win this but we managed to get to the final and the better team won.

Transfers - we had to make a lot of free transfers as do not have any money to spend.

Squad 1

Squad 2 - still room for improvement but happy with the squad.

Finances -trying stay in budget at this level is hard but seamed to have wages under control.

Key Player Profiles:

Raymond Fitzpatrick - decent player shame he won't sign a new deal.

Tony Tumelty - he was class formed a good partnership with Fitzpatrick.

Craig McAllister - had a decent season at the hart of my defence.

Andrew Wallace - my number one was quality.

Eugene Gallagher - ever present in the team was joy to watch.

Career Overview

Season    League                                Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Belfast Telegraph Championship 2       1st   Champions, Sons & Steel Cup Winners

Next Season

so our aim for next season is to make it into the try and be competitive and avoid relegation on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Ards Rangers - Belfast Telegraph Championship 1 - 2016/17

So after last season shock promotion, I was expecting a tough season.

Past Positions

League Table - I didn't not expect us to win the league the bookmakers had us at 150-1 to win the title.

Irish Cup - wanted to try go on cup run that was halted by Linfield.

Sons & Steel Cup - We won this last year so set bout defending out title but we got beat by dundela in the semi final 3-2 after extra time.

Intermediate Cup - We did well this year got to the semi final got beat on pens by Dungannon.

League Cup - We were not expecting to win this but we got to the final played Portadown and beat them 3-0.

Transfers - some great players bought in this season was pleased with them.

Squad1

Squad2-the squad is always improving, hope I can manage the players better and rotate the squad a bit more give the fringe players bit more chance.

Finances - still £214K in the red, and we had a decent cup run this season so hopefully the board will give us more cash for improve the team.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Dallas - bought in at the start of the season as an attacking midfielder played better as an inside forward.

Stephen Boyd - an amazing a really good player and still only 19 years old.

Eugene Gallagher - brilliant for this level another good season from him.

Raymond Fitzpatrick -last season playing football has decided to hang his boots up had decent season too.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Belfast Telegraph Championship 2       1st   Champions, Sons & Steel Cup Winners
2016/17   Belfast Telegraph Championship 1       1st   Champions, League Cup Winners

Next Season

Promotion leads us into the unknown, so I'd be happy just to avoid relegation.

• 4 months later...

Ards Rangers -Danske Bank Premiership - 2019/20

After last season poor defending i set out to try and be more tight at the back and seam to work we avoid relegation by finish in third place.

League Table

Past Positions-So as you can see we had good season form wise but dipped near the end of season.

League Cup - we won this before but was not confidant on wining it again but we managed to go all they way.

Irish Cup - We were never going to win this with the team we have, but we give it a shot and got beat in the 5th round.

Transfers - I bought few players in to try give bit more competition for places.

Squad- Bought some players in this season to try and give the older players a bit more competition for places in first team.

Finances - hopefully our strong finish will give us some much needed cash.

Key Player Profiles:

Andrew Wallace - Had bit hit of a bad season this season with injuries and confidence so dropped him and came back stronger in games played him in.

Richard Vauls - bought in for cover but made an impressive display in games he played.

Matthew Ferguson - top scorer this season played well.

Eddie Hoban -bought in to challenge for the number one spot and got his chance and took it was pleased with him.

Career Overview

2016/17   Belfast Telegraph Championship 1       1st   Champions, League Cup Winners
2017/18   Danske Bank Premiership                  11th   Irish Cup Winners 
2018/19   Danske Bank Premiership                  10th   None
2019/20   Danske Bank Premiership                  3rd    League Cup Winners 

Next Season

Hopefully the squad can cope with pressure of where we finished this season and do one better.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived