Regen Stats after 5 years

Hi, currently managing in the English premiership in 2020. I've noticed that the regens im finding don't have more than a 3 and a half star potential. Also, on my player search function, only 2 players are above 3.5 stars? Is this expected? I've done pretty well, so my reputation is very good. I've removed the realistic filter to view all players. Literally, only Lewandowski and Vidal are 4 star. And that's the max! I'm worried I'm going to play on and the regens won't be good enough.

The overall quality of players in the gameworld actually increases slightly from the tests I've run (the number of high CA players seems to increase about 50% then stay around that level). What you're likely witnessing is likely the effect of having a very good team. The star ratings are based on your own team. 3.5 stars is a good first team player, and if your side is fully of very good players already, then it's likely it's just a case of there being no players out there much better than what you already have.

No, it's not necessarily that 3.5 stars is a good Premiership player. It's that (if you're Newcastle, say) 3.5 stars is a good first-team Newcastle player. So if all your players are around 170 CA/PA, a 3.5-star player is going to be one of the very best players in the game world, and a 5-star player might not actually exist.

Ah ok, yeah that makes sense. Makes finding good regens a minefield, but like you said, 3 and a half star PA is a good premiership player. Thanks chaps.

If in 2020, the only 3.5 star+ players you can find are Lewandowski and Vidal, then 3.5 stars in closer to "the very best in the World" than "good Premier League player.

Archived