Please can we stop BOTH beginning (Summer & Winter) transfer windows?

First of all I wish the transfer window switch off option would stop LOANS & free transfers as well as normal transfers.

Secondly as it's now March and the January window transfers have been updated, when I start my game from Summer 14 it will include those and then when the winter transfer window comes along all the clubs sign a load more players making the game completely unrealistic and ruins it for me. I like the accuracy and uptodate realistic squads.

I guess SI will say if they did that then noone would BUY FM2016, but I still would. I just think it's stupid the way transfers and updates don't take into account the real date and makes it stupid from Winter onwards if the real life transfer window has already closed..

So any chance of a new toggle at the beginning of the game to STOP BOTH transfer windows from the start? Just the Summer 2014 and January 2015 window and then the same for future FM games...

Would make me soooooo much happier and get me playing it more.

Thanks.

Secondly as it's now March and the January window transfers have been updated, when I start my game from Summer 14 it will include those and then when the winter transfer window comes along all the clubs sign a load more players making the game completely unrealistic and ruins it for me. I like the accuracy and uptodate realistic squads.

Not if choose the original database from the drop down menu when you're starting a new game instead of the updated 15.3 database.

Not if choose the original database from the drop down menu when you're starting a new game instead of the updated 15.3 database.

Yeah but why would you want to do that?

I want it to be realistic from the start..

E.g. Chelsea signed Cuadrado in January.. I wouldn't want this removed because of using the original database and then January comes along and Chelsea have 80mill to spend and go an buy Cavani or someone..

The way transfers are updated is wrong in my opinion anyway.. It's the lazy way to do it.. Everyone just moved into the team from the start.. It should be a date by date thing.. Cuadrado should have the agreement in place that he is transferred to Chelsea on the set date he really did in January.. But I realise this will prob take more time to work out REAL transfer budgets let alone change the AI decisions on who to buy/sell before this transfer comes through..

Anyway I hope you understand what I'm getting at..

We know what you are getting at but it is totally unrealistic and will never happen.

As soon as you press continue your save moves away from the real world and becomes an alternative universe. All you set is the start which you can do by selecting either of the SI databases or a downloaded one.

We know what you are getting at but it is totally unrealistic and will never happen.

As soon as you press continue your save moves away from the real world and becomes an alternative universe. All you set is the start which you can do by selecting either of the SI databases or a downloaded one.

This I agree with on the AI front..

Maybe a realistic save game (with accurate league tables/fixtures/injuries/transfers/loans/etc..) is a possible way forward?? Think there may be legal issues over the rights or something though in order to do that?? But I may be wrong..

Or if I could choose the exact date when to start the game (e.g. Mid season) instead of having to start via a league start date..

The legal issues and costs involved are the main reason its very unlikely to happen.

Even if you had a mid season start date it would still reflect player stats from Aug-Jan so you might as well just holiday that time and then take over.

The legal issues and costs involved are the main reason its very unlikely to happen.

Even if you had a mid season start date it would still reflect player stats from Aug-Jan so you might as well just holiday that time and then take over.

I'm more concerned with real fixtures, accurate results and real transfers.. So for example I start the game February 1st playing as Leicester in the Premier League and I'm bottom of the table and no transfer window until Summer... I don't think this would be that hard or expensive to implement.. But if it was legal due to rights ownership or something like with the logos and image rights.. then I'd understand but I can't see why fixtures or real results would be a huge issue..

Fixtures & results are copyrighted by the FA/EPL and therefore not allowed to be used unless you throw a big wad of cash their way which is very unlikely to happen.

Yeah all this licensing stuff is pretty sad.

Who plays this game? football fans that pay towards the sport. Either by attending games buying merchandise or even paying for it vie tv license or Sky.

Also real life players and managers play the game and clubs im sure use this a little to scout for players.

Yet the game is unable to get that last little inch of realism due to the big wigs wanting money.

Who plays this game? football fans that pay towards the sport. Either by attending games buying merchandise or even paying for it vie tv license or Sky.

Also real life players and managers play the game and clubs im sure use this a little to scout for players.

Yet the game is unable to get that last little inch of realism due to the big wigs wanting money.

Is there any way of choosing or modifying the start date of a new game? Like I said before starting the game after the January transfer window? I see Finland lets you start from December '14...

Yeah but why would you want to do that?

I want it to be realistic from the start..

E.g. Chelsea signed Cuadrado in January.. I wouldn't want this removed because of using the original database and then January comes along and Chelsea have 80mill to spend and go an buy Cavani or someone..

The way transfers are updated is wrong in my opinion anyway.. It's the lazy way to do it.. Everyone just moved into the team from the start.. It should be a date by date thing.. Cuadrado should have the agreement in place that he is transferred to Chelsea on the set date he really did in January.. But I realise this will prob take more time to work out REAL transfer budgets let alone change the AI decisions on who to buy/sell before this transfer comes through..

Anyway I hope you understand what I'm getting at..

Yeah there an editor to do exactly what you want go use that. SI have already given you the tool to do it.

There are two choices for you really.

1. Use the default database pre-update. There will be no January transfers, removing your main gripe. But you will miss out on the update to player stats as well.

2. For the leagues you care about, add future transfers for those players who have them in January using the editor. It will take a bit of time, but those players will then only move to their new club in January and so realism is restored.

I see Finland lets you start from December '14...

This is because the Finnish league runs from April to late November/early December. So starting at the usual June/July point would have you start the game mid season.

Scandinavians play their football this way due to the harsh winter climate.

Would be interesting to have the option of starting 1st Feb with all the update and actual league positions replicated, SI must have their reasons

Licensing, as others have said. It's legally impossible for them to do so. Pretty good reason.

Fair enough but what a challenge! Hope they one day can license it

Doubt it. EA hold the license as far as I know, for their live stuff. There is absolutely no chance of SI ever going toe to toe with a company like EA for something as relatively trivial as this.

This is because the Finnish league runs from April to late November/early December. So starting at the usual June/July point would have you start the game mid season.

Scandinavians play their football this way due to the harsh winter climate.

Wrong. Not in Denmark where the tournament is played from July to May/June, but with a ~3 month winter break.

It's £250 for a website to use the season's fixture list.

Nothing prohibits you from downloading the fixture list and implementing it into your save file, though I don't think SI have given you the means to do that.

Use the pregame editor to give all clubs a transfer embargo for the first 6 months or so?

Yep, this is what I do, to the end of the first season. I only bother to do the clubs in the league I'm playing though.

One annoying thing about transfer embargos is that it eliminates EVERYONE from your realistic transfers shortlist, and prevents you learning anything about a player's potential cost beyond "you cannot sign this player right now". You'd like to think the game would understand that if you're under an embargo you would still want to plan for the future.

I'm surprised people don't have the same issue as I do.. I love playing this game, wish it came out STRAIGHT after the summer transfer window closed.. instead of Oct/Nov..

But only find it really fun to play until the transfer window as it's ridiculous to see £80 million prices being paid for players that both in real life and in game are only worth £20 or so million..

The AI is average at best anyway, would love it to be tweaked but that's another issue..

Just think a way in which it can be modified easily so people can do this via the editor would be better as I believe MODDING the game to realistic conditions by the gamers themselves is legally allowed in all games.

Archived