List the minor things that annoy you about the game

Note: They can be as trivial as you like.

1. During press conferences. When a journalist wants to press for an answer, they say "The Public would want an answer" There's a typo in the word public, or at least it looks like it's written as "Publlc".

2. I'm the manager of some underachieving team in division 900 and the press want to ask me about who will win the European Footballer of the year...and get annoyed when I don't give an answer.

3. During conversations/conferences, the answer to the question you really want to give isn't always available, it exists but isn't available at that particular instance.

4. When you are playing a match, after 15 mins your team will have about 6 shots on target but not be able to score, the opposing team gets their first shot, it's on target, it's a goal. Happens too often to me for my liking.

5 A player comes to you claiming they deserve more matches you think the player is right so you agree to it. But it's during a quiet period on the fixtures calendar or the player gets injured, they still accuse you of not keeping your promise.

The contradiction that I always want to skip ahead, but only because everything has such a slow build and that creates the excitement. So if I DID skip ahead and holiday, the excitement would be gone and I'd have no desire to see what happens in the future. Nah mean?

For example, being excited for the 2034 World Cup and the jobs that'll come available after it, but I'm in 2033 and already have a job, and I know it'll be a week or two of playing games before I get to that point, and even then nothing interesting might happen when I get there.

1. 3D animations. If i watch them, I begin to hate the game as the players look so talentless. 2D let's my imagine play out the game better.

2. Penalty shootouts. They seem to mostly go on. I have had three in my save; the lowest was 10-9.

I play on Classic so that eliminates the annoyance of the press conferences.:)

Right now though conceding late goals is doing my nut.

4. When you are playing a match, after 15 mins your team will have about 6 shots on target but not be able to score, the opposing team gets their first shot, it's on target, it's a goal. Happens too often.

Yeah I'm getting that a lot, last game I played opponents had 1 shot and scored it, that was the only shot they had in the game, managed to get a 1-1.

1. 3D animations. If i watch them, I begin to hate the game as the players look so talentless. 2D let's my imagine play out the game better.

FM15 is my 5th version of the game and I have always had it set up to watch the games in 3D, FM10 & 12 I can sit and watch ok even though they are not perfect but 13, 14 & 15 I just find so annoying/terrible to watch, so for the first time I switched to 2D with just replays of goals in 3D, as a result I am enjoying the game much more.

Player asks to be sold so he can go somewhere else to play first team football. When I can't find a buyer, I will offer mutual termination. Player rejects it and says he feels I'm trying to force him out of the club. wtf?

I use classic 2D for matches and 3D for replays. After a team conceeds, they will already have their hands on theirs heads as the move builds up during the replay.

I have a similar thing that happens quite often with replays of penalties where the penalty taker is already celebrating when he takes his run up, haha.

4. When you are playing a match, after 15 mins your team will have about 6 shots on target but not be able to score, the opposing team gets their first shot, it's on target, it's a goal. Happens too often to me for my liking.

This.

Assistant Manager

6 minutes "Boss go more direct"

12 minutes "Boss play it short"

18 minutes "we are terrible in the air, oh yeah, go direct"

25 minutes " we need to put in more crosses"

30 minutes "best we play it short"

36 minutes "we are not creating enough, go direct"

40 minutes "we are the worst team ever and can not keep the ball, play it short"

44 minutes "we really need to get at them, play it long"

45 minutes "boss play it short..... ohh boss, I never knew you had a gun ... why are you pointing it at me boss?"

Assistant Manager

6 minutes "Boss go more direct"

12 minutes "Boss play it short"

18 minutes "we are terrible in the air, oh yeah, go direct"

25 minutes " we need to put in more crosses"

30 minutes "best we play it short"

36 minutes "we are not creating enough, go direct"

40 minutes "we are the worst team ever and can not keep the ball, play it short"

44 minutes "we really need to get at them, play it long"

45 minutes "boss play it short..... ohh boss, I never knew you had a gun ... why are you pointing it at me boss?"

Definitely this! Although there is an option you can select which says 'never tell me this EVER again', which seems to do the trick :-)

Players don't recognise that they're they 7th best (insert position) at the club - demand first team football - get snotty when I don't give it to them.

Following on from this players not recognising that they still have 2 or 3 stars worth of potential to fill so if they stick it out for a season they'll rise up the pecking order

press conferences go on too much, you say nice things, then after the match, apparently you are having a spat... ffs.

those annoying 1 month loans

Away game player behaviours, last one I

had a player just run out of play with the ball (not running along line, just ran out of play after collecting a pass)

Concede a goal because a defender decided to play their striker onside.

random heavy touches

Player asks to be sold so he can go somewhere else to play first team football. When I can't find a buyer, I will offer mutual termination. Player rejects it and says he feels I'm trying to force him out of the club. wtf?
So, he doesn't want to play for you, you're offering to pay out his contract so he can be picked-up, unencumbered by transfer fees by any team that wants him...and he considers that a bad thing?

This year I've had plenty players ask to be transfer-listed, no one shows any interest, I give them a little rotation, and they ask to be taken off the transfer list. By that point, I really don't want them anymore, I'm really big on loyalty to the team.

And the press conferences: if my player's not one of the candidates for the award being asked about, I'm saying "no comment", otherwise, I'm picking him.

Wide player (winger or full back), receives the ball in acres of space on the flank, team instruction Hit Early Crosses is active, but he doesn't cross it. Instead he thinks he is Stanley bloody Matthews and tries to dribble, gets doubled up, loses the ball and my team have to scramble back to defend a fast break. Oh for the love of....:rolleyes:

And the other team have scored! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL! IT'S IN! WHAT A WONDERFUL GOAL! WE'LL BE SEEING THAT GOAL FOR SOME TIME! HE LOOKS HAPPY WITH THAT! [YOUR TEAM] HAVE IT ALL TO DO NOW! A GREAT START! THAT'S HIS FIRST GOAL!

*shows replay*

Wouldnt normally post in these threads as I love the game.

My two pennies worth.

Game is to easy this year..... attack all the way!

Wingbacks that make it far up the pitch with players open for a cross who then wait for the defence to charge him down to plough a cross into their face for a corner or throw in....... get it in already!!!!

Illogically unhappy players, e.g. I've just started the season and played one league game. My first and second choice centre backs are both away at the Olympic Games. After that first game, one after the other demand first team football as they feel they are not being picked enough. You've guessed, both are still away at the Olympic Games. But worse, I have no options in my answers to cover this, not even, "Dier is playing ahead of you on form". So I'm forced to promise them first team football with the inevitable consequences down the road, as I fully rotate my squad to cope with League/Europa League football.

The player interaction needs to be a back to the drawing board job for SI.

Not being able to set information windows during different competitions.

Premier League full table during PL matches

Champions League game- GIANT SPACE OF NOTHING

Cups- Just empty

Can we customise this please?

Also, what's with the TINY boxes of options you have to scroll through sometimes? The text can take up a needless amount of space then you have to scroll through about 10 options but get a scroll option the size of the letter 'l'

You will only be paying half of whatever he is owned from his full contract if he accepts a mutual termination. Why would he accept such a deal? Yes, he may want 1st team football but he wants his money as well.

You will only be paying half of whatever he is owned from his full contract if he accepts a mutual termination. Why would he accept such a deal? Yes, he may want 1st team football but he wants his money as well.

That's perfectly fine. Just don't say the reason for not accepting is you feel I'm trying to force you out of the club.

The lack of press conferences in the lower leagues. No, really.

I can understand why they were toned down, as they generally suck, but I've just had a situation where, first game of the season, I had a player sent off which was followed by two dodgy penalty calls that we can "feel aggrieved about", taking the score from 1-1 to 3-1 in a matter of 5 minutes. I need someone to vent to, and yet even the local press don't give a damn. Who am I supposed to point out to that the referee clearly favoured the opposition?

The lack of press conferences in the lower leagues. No, really.

I can understand why they were toned down, as they generally suck, but I've just had a situation where, first game of the season, I had a player sent off which was followed by two dodgy penalty calls that we can "feel aggrieved about", taking the score from 1-1 to 3-1 in a matter of 5 minutes. I need someone to vent to, and yet even the local press don't give a damn. Who am I supposed to point out to that the referee clearly favoured the opposition?

Imagine your manager has a dog then imagine him kicking it.

This is like real life for me...supporting Millwall it happens every single week! Then comes the inevitable collapse and 3/4 nil drubbing. Couldn't make it up.

Boring, but the interactions.

First job was Celtic. Left them to join Brugge. Asked in the press.

"David Moyes has spent a lot at Celtic blah, blah"

I respond "I never felt the need to spend money...."

"The public will want a proper answer here"

Lolwut?

So after winning the Belgian Cup, the first question asked by the press?

"David Moyes has spent a lot at Celtic blah, blah"

Really?

End of season I leave Brugge for recently relegated Everton. I get asked:

"You've never managed a team to promotion, why is that?"

Erm.....I only managed Celtic and Club Brugge dude...Do you even know who I am?

When you are looking at another team and click the "squad" button and get taken back to your own squad page.

Are you clicking the wrong one? because I have done that several times when looking at other teams.

When you win the Premiership or FA Cup with a small team and the board are like "Nice one mate, let's move on quickly shall we". There's no recognition in this manager game.

I actually remember somebody from Si said they'd fix this type of thing but that was back in 2012/13 so I figured it was just niceties.

Archived