My 442 Quest

After playing a possession based system and getting to a point where I am comfortable. I am keen to try and set-up a an organised system. I am going to use Tony Pulis as my model.

Here is my base formation/instructions

Tactics_%20Overview%20Overview_zpskupnpvee.png

Tactics_%20Overview%20Overview-2_zpswhtobz1b.png

As I want to be organised, I went for a highly structured system. I want my passing direct, I also want my defenders crossing so I add pump ball into box. As I am playing direct passing I also use a high tempo.

My issue at the moment is what strategy to use, at present I am staying away from a control strategy. I tend to use attack certainly when I am expected to win or want to put pressure on my opponent. I am unsure when to use a standard strategy?

I tend to use a CM (Defend) next to an AP(Support) in the central midfield. I then look to attack down the flanks and ask my wingbacks to take on more defensive duties. I think it comes down a lot to which players you have available. For example, I like a DLF and a TM up front, but of course, it depends on what players I have.

I like to use a 442 when I have the right players. When I do I always look to have a target man on a support duty and an advanced forward playing off him. That can work if you have a couple of good wingers who can cross the ball well!

Archived