How many seasons do you usually play for?

How many seasons do you play FM for...?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you play FM for...?

• 1-5 (I want to manage all current 'real' players, that'll do fine)
    • 5-10 (thats quite enough for me, just the right amount that)!
    • 10-20 (Enough to see the first lot of regens mature)
    • 20+ (You've got to do the best for your career, I'm playing the long game'

Obviously we all know FM has no time limit as to when the game is over and you can play so far into the future as for every single player and coach to simply become a 'regen', I always do this if I can and find it keeps the game challenging at gives the real feel of an actual career and therefore adds to the realism. In my curren't game I'm in my 'virtual 60's' and there year is 2039.....is this normal? I think it is and is a vital part of the game make up, but I have recently been informed this may not be so and just wanted some opinions on the matter....

so guys and girls, what are your thoughts on this, do you jack it in once all the real players start going off to run pubs in Herts....or is it all the better when the regens pop up....

what is the average length of time (in game seasons) you play a single FM game for you would say.... at what point do you jack it in?

I'll usually have the first game I start go into the 2020's or 2030's depending on how it pans out, then I'll start a second game which I'll get to about 2011/12 and get bored of before I go back to my old game. With this version I lost my first save game and have since been unable to really get into a game so I can't wait for FM09.

I too usually aim for 20-30+, but as the time goes I start getting bored quicker. I also lost two of my latest games, one in 11th where I just moved to R. Madrid after succesfull campaigns for F.C. København (Danish team) and Denmark. The other I was on my 5th year for The Magpies and my youth players where all becoming mad wicked and i ruled the world! Then my computer decided to die... The bastard.

Now, however, I'm going on 2nd year with Aston Villa in a desperate attempt to keep interest until FM09 hits the streets. But the well is starting to dry out as I only played barely a season with Sevilla and got bored pretty quickly.

I can't really vote because the option I want isn't there. I don't play for any specific amount of seasons. It just depends how long I can stick with a particular save. Then, usually, I'll start one that just... carries on until the next version of the game is released.

I can't really vote because the option I want isn't there. I don't play for any specific amount of seasons. It just depends how long I can stick with a particular save. Then, usually, I'll start one that just... carries on until the next version of the game is released.

Yep, that's what I do too. Although before I start my main save, I tend to do a 1 season practice run with a big club to get to grips with the new features etc.

I think the furthest I've got was around 25 seasons on one of the older games before my save got corrupted and became unplayable.

yep thats the same for me as well. just start the game, and see how it pans out, i dont set any targets of playing time or anything. longest i've had on 08 is up to 2015 atm, and its still going...

It's really interesting how this is split between those who play for the realism of reak names at the start and those who play forever..... :)guess it depends on how much you you have time wise..... it's really intersting, please keep voting and posting all your thoughts on this

cheers

my story is that, normally i start with a high profile club- this means i get loads of funds and so loads of good players really quick. with these players comes success and so i very quickly become bored with the game (i say quickly in relative terms) and quit the game after about 4 seasons (rather then unrealisticaly applying for small club vacancies).

however, everytime i start a game unemployed, with the view of a loooooong career, i get frustrated with the crap finances and thus crap players and start breaking things.

I just play one game and go with it until the next version of FM comes out. I didn't buy FM08 until March as I was having so much fun in my first year of uni and have so far managed to complete 8 seasons with Everton. I play the game loads though so I have no idea how you guys manage to get multiple games far in. One is enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Most ever in 01/02 version, 83 seasons u wonder why i failed all ma exams at school?

get in at 4 from school with exception or a hr for ma tea online till to am so in all about 10 seasons a week maybe more with weekends

most leauge wins in a row was 31 in a row 12 fa cups 17 champions leauge 9 supercups 23 leauge cups and a 26 charity sheilds

in total there was

77 titles

56 charity sheild

41 champs leauge

38 fa cups

20 supercupos

47 leauge cups

i have the discs somewhere with screen prints on ill see if i can post

I've never got past 2010!:D

haha i'm the same its quite embarassing really, I reckon i've started probably 50 different games on fm08. Of them perhaps 15-20 have reached the end of one season and maybe 5 have gone on further.

I don't know why I'm like this, i must just have a really short attention span lol

usually 1 to 5 (but my average is 3 or 4) because, like I wrote in other threads, I always play matches on "full" beside friendlies, and love to check often the results and standings from all around the world (I usually choose around 20-22 leagues, including minor divisions). Oh, and of course I play lots of other computer games (mostly CRPGs), so I take long breaks from the game.

To some, playing so few in-game season might sound like I don't get back a "ideal" value of my purchase, but playing the way I described I feel it's very intense and rewarding, so I'm happy with that :)

Archived