Really hard and frustrated

You'll have to be much more specific.

It's not 'easy' and that's the way it should be...imho.

You sound to me like you need to head over to the tactics forum and do some reading there.

I imagine well over 90% of people that find the game 'hard' do so because they're struggling to win games - thus the tactics forum is where you'll need to be...and Cleon is just one of a few superb posters that help to guide others.

Helped me no end and I've been playing this damn game since the start in the early 90's!!!

No, on the contrary... I find it to easy...

As long as you create a balanced tactic.. Make logical changes during matches. Manage your squad reasonably well. Rotate your squad to avoid injuries and keep players happy you can overachieve no matter what club you are.

Personally I've found this FM easier than the past few seasons. This is the first time I've had complete success with the unemployment challenge. In the same breath my friend has absolutely hated this version...until he found a tactic he enjoyed.

I should probably upload my tactic to the tactics forum and get some advice, it just feels like cheating though

Why?

It's one thing to create a thread in the tactics forum and take on board advice, but it's another to then be able to still manage the matches when the AI change approach. It's hardly cheating as we can't (and won't) provide a fail-safe approach to matches. All we can do is ask questions about your tactic which may make you think about things that you haven't yet considered.

Cheating is probably the wrong word, in past games I've always figured things out for myself and I prefer doing that, but close to giving up with this one so I might do look for some advice.

What I've done in the past, without having to rely on the Tactics forum, was to watch more of a match (in my case, full matches) for a while to see and understand what's going wrong. I'd see my players not having passing options, the opposition marking my playmaker (leaving no-one else to take charge, so to speak) or certain players being completely un-involved. I'd see the opposition attacking, them parking the bus etc and how my tactic and players behave accordingly.

The other option is the tactics forum where, as RTH said, they'll get you thinking along those lines rather than just telling you to change the BWM/S for a AP/A without telling you why.

Cheating is probably the wrong word, in past games I've always figured things out for myself and I prefer doing that, but close to giving up with this one so I might do look for some advice.

It's what the tactics forum is for, and we'll be happy to offer whatever advice we can. All we'd need is an idea of the tactic(s) you currently use (formation, Mentality, Team Shape, Roles, Duties, Team and Player Instructions), and how you want to attack and defend. Who creates the goals, who scores the goals etc.

Nobody will provide a magic solution, but hopefully people will ask the sort of questions that will make something click for you.

I was struggling really badly... but this is the first FM I have played since 2010. I was amazed at how much the game has changed in five years. I struggled to come across a successful tactic but I am now starting to enjoy the game, something I thought I'd never say a few weeks ago when I was ready to snap the disc in half.

Archived