Can't delete tactics

I mentioned this twice in the feedback thread and had no response, probably missed due to sheer volume of other posts (that's what I'm telling myself anyway).

Firstly, if I'm doing this wrong then please tell me but I hate the apparently new system of saving tactics.

I tweak tactics frequently and I don't want a new file every time I make a small adjustment.

In previous versions, this was fine as your tactic, say called "awesome 442" was 1 file and you were given the opportunity to overwrite it - perfect.

Now you have to manually delete the previous or it creates another exact same tactic file and it's impossible to tell the difference unless you remember the long jumble of letters and names.

Seriously, why's this changed and am I doing something wrong? (re overwriting as it used to be)

Also, since 5.3, I cannot, when in game, delete any tactic - which makes the above issue even more horrendous.

I click 'delete' and nothing happens, new or old tactics.

Only way I can seem to delete a tactic is actually EXITING the game....

Is there not a check-box when you save the tactic, along the lines of 'create new file'? If you uncheck this only one file is created/ overwritten.

At least there used to be on the previous patch, haven't tried with the new patch.

Yes, that's correct. At the bottom left of the popup screen when you go to save is the tick box to create a new file. Deleting looks strange. I go to the manage tactics and there is only one listed there that I can highlight and delete. Seems that there should be more in the list.

I see the tick box for create new file, how I've missed that I don't know! Thanks for that.

However, I still can't delete tactics when I click, 'Manage Tactics' -> 'Import' -> click tactic and hit delete...nothing happens, on any tactic I've saved.

I see the tick box for create new file, how I've missed that I don't know! Thanks for that.

However, I still can't delete tactics when I click, 'Manage Tactics' -> 'Import' -> click tactic and hit delete...nothing happens, on any tactic I've saved.

Pretty sure that only deletes current tactics loaded in that save and not any tactic you have saved, i.e only the imported ones.

All but 3 are from the same save game - and in fairness, I've been able to delete everything from there before, no matter what save game I'm running.

Nothing 'game-breaking' but it's changed since the update and it's a bit annoying and curious as to whether others have the same issue or if it's me doing something wrong.

Never been aware of that "create new file" box before. So that's why I have a 100+ tactics in my folder ... (yeah I tinker with my tactics a lot). Anyway, about deleting them; - it surely isn't that much of a hassle to go to C:\Users\[user Name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\Tactics and delete them "by hand", is it?

Never been aware of that "create new file" box before. So that's why I have a 100+ tactics in my folder ... (yeah I tinker with my tactics a lot). Anyway, about deleting them; - it surely isn't that much of a hassle to go to C:\Users\[user Name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\Tactics and delete them "by hand", is it?

No, not really - though you can't do that if you're actually playing the save game as windows will say the files are being used by another program.

So, you have to wait til you've finished playing to do that...

To be honest though, should that actually detract from the fact that you 'should' be able to just delete with the actual 'delete' button?!

For those unable to delete tactics from your archive menu, I have the same problem, there is a workaround. Just exit the game and delete from the SI Tactics folder in Documents. When you reload the game they are gone.

Bit irritating because this was an issue early on and had been sorted.

Did you manage to check?

Cheers

Yes, I posted up above about it- having a similar problem as you are with deleting. Can save and overwrite fine, but my "manage tactics" list where I can delete is not loading up most of my saved tactics. Not sure why.

For those unable to delete tactics from your archive menu, I have the same problem, there is a workaround. Just exit the game and delete from the SI Tactics folder in Documents. When you reload the game they are gone.

Bit irritating because this was an issue early on and had been sorted.

Right, apparently this is what you have to do; not sure what happened in between the patch interations, as I wasn't aware that anything regarding that had been tinkered with.

I can delete them without having to exit the game. Am I special?

Yes, and you always have been :cool:

I can delete without exiting, but only for the tactics that show up in the list when I click on "manage tactics." At this point in time, only one tactic shows there, though I have about 9 archived.

Archived