reserve team

Hi, I only buy a version of FM every 2/3 years, so '15 is the first version of FM where i don't have a reserve team. Yet, i seem to be able to play reserve players of any age in most under 21 games. I don't pay much attention to RL footy but have always enjoyed FM/CM so i'm a bit confused by this. An explanation would be much appreciated, if there's a way to create reserves great if not then thats fine too, i'd just like to understand )

ok, then can I ask why on some occasions i can play players over 21 years of age, and other times I can't?

The league you are in maybe?

In the Championship the U21 team is allowed three overage outfield players + a GK.

Rules maybe different in the Premiership?

ok, thanks for the replies as i wasn't familiar with these rules that makes sense now with whats happening.

Ive used reserves to keep players match fit in the past, so if i build up a larger squad which, as i'm playing in Champs League next season, i'm going to need. There's maybe not going to be enough spots in the U21 to keep all players match fit, this is why i started the topic.

So, out of interest, does this reflect RL clubs now in the prem, have they done away with dedicated reserve teams?,

ok great and thanks for answering. I assumed clubs still had reserves and its nice to know FM emulates this.

Although, know that I know this, it matters less in-game as my chairman has just offered me a paltry 6 mil budget for the new season so I guess I wont be expanding my squad much afterall :/

Archived