Offer to agent

Can anyone please explain the offer to agent feature where you can offer a partial ownership % for an asking price.

What are the benefits / disadvantages for the club - does the asking price money get added to the transfer/wage budget?

What are the benefits / disadvantages for the player?

I ve seen this feature but never used it yet and dont want to without knowing a full understanding of it

By offering out a percentage of a player to agents, you're essentially selling "a percentage" of that player, while keeping all the rights to play him. This is advantageous if you need money, but can't afford to sell anyone. For example, you have a £7 million rated star striker, and need money to sign a fourth centrehalf who can cover at fullback. You could offer 10% of the striker out for £700k (you'd probably want more), keep the star striker, but have money in the bank to strengthen.

As for disadvantages, not all leagues allow third party ownership, and as such will need to buy the player outright (that is, pay for him from the club and agent) in order to play them. This drives the players price up and in many cases could make him an unattractive prospect to clubs in such leagues (i.e. England). To my knowledge it also decreases their effective value (how much you'll receive) in general.

Benefits for the player... none (hence FIFA currently in the process of banning the practice)? They are stuck with the agent to my knowledge, they may be more likely to try and force a move (to try and cash in on their investment). It'll make it hard for them to secure a move to England.

Archived