Has anybody added/removed leagues this year?

Hey guys. I'm about to start a journeyman save and wanted to ask for some advice before I got started.

I'm planning to load about 81k players from the start, which is only one star speed for my computer. It's not a huge deal and still relatively quick, but could be a pain over time. I was curious if anybody had used the add/remove league feature, as I read that it was buggy in previous versions of the game.

If it works perfectly, I'll have no problem loading some lower leagues in England, Portugal, Brazil, and so on, knowing that in time my reputation should increase and I can remove them, speeding up the game. If it's still buggy, I'd try to get the number closer to 70k from the start, as I don't want such a big DB to process throughout the save.

Thanks. :)

In my current save I've had to use it (also doing a journeyman). It worked fine. removing leagues made my game faster as predicted. Note that it doesn't remove/add leagues straight away, it waits till the start/end of the next/current league season for that country before removing/adding so the speed increase won't be noticeable straight away.

In my current save I've had to use it (also doing a journeyman). It worked fine. removing leagues made my game faster as predicted. Note that it doesn't remove/add leagues straight away, it waits the start/end of the next/current league season for that country before removing/adding so the speed increase won't be noticeable straight away.

Yep, I'm aware it doesn't reset until the new season, no big deal. But that's great to hear, thanks for the quick response!

Removing leagues usually bugs histories for me in some way.

Current file it added me 4 history lines for the same season, but I do change nations too.

Previous file removed some club histories changing leagues.

I don't know if it's because I have been changing between England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Finland, Sweden - as some leagues are July starts, others are Dec - Feb ish.. seems the most likely cause though.

So my advice would be try sticking with leagues that start in the summer months..

Removing leagues usually bugs histories for me in some way.

Current file it added me 4 history lines for the same season, but I do change nations too.

Previous file removed some club histories changing leagues.

I don't know if it's because I have been changing between England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Finland, Sweden - as some leagues are July starts, others are Dec - Feb ish.. seems the most likely cause though.

So my advice would be try sticking with leagues that start in the summer months..

This is strictly from removing leagues or adding some as well?

Regular uses of this option as I get bored with the same leagues all the time.

I've found it to work fine, in FM14 anyway.

Only problem I've found is when you change leagues when there are clubs which have placed job adverts. They stay in the job centre screen but you can select which nations you want to see so its not all bad.

Regular uses of this option as I get bored with the same leagues all the time.

I've found it to work fine, in FM14 anyway.

Only problem I've found is when you change leagues when there are clubs which have placed job adverts. They stay in the job centre screen but you can select which nations you want to see so its not all bad.

Thanks. :)

Archived