Dual Nationality

Rafinha

In the game it's Oct 2016 and he is still uncapped for Brazil. He has dual nationality with Spain.

As Spanish manager I can't select him - he's just played for Brazil in the Olympics I think but is there an option in-game to speak to him about switching (back) to Spain?

It would just be a bit weird if another few years roll on and he is still uncapped :)

On a separate note does anyone have any screenshots of him from 2017 onwards where he actually has full Brazillian caps?

Do the Olympics count as a professional fixture in FM as most consider it an amateur cap, but it seems certain FA's account for them? Could be that his Olympics appearance for Brazil has been counted as a professional fixture and he cannot change his declared nation to Spain because of it.

I found this online:

Olympic Matches

FIFA decided in 1999 that while all Olympic matches from 1908-1952 (bar those involving Great Britain or countries with a professional league who sent amateur squads, e.g. Austria in 1936) are full internationals, all matches since the sixties are not at all recognised, while for the intermediate part additional analysis will be made. Ten years later, no such analysis appears to have been forthcoming. Most Eastern European and Scandinavian FAs (to whom the issue is most relevant) have ignored the ruling, and the relevant countries have the totals as recognised by the responsible FAs included in the list.

Cheers guys

Wasn't sure about the Olympics either so thanks for the info Leon

Knew he'd score on his international debut KT ..... Just hoped it'd be for Spain :)

The FA counting it as a professional fixture would be the smart thing to do after the Diego Costa incident ;)

Archived